Which healer would fit me better?

90 Orc Warlock
So Im really wanting a healer to play around a bit with friends. Im not looking to raid competitively or anything like that just for fun in 5-man's, going to old content...stuff like that.

I want a healer with a ranged dps spec. I've already ruled out druid because I honestly dont like tauren or trolls that much so I'd probably end up not playing it. So I narrowed it down to two classes: priest and shaman. I have both of those classes at 85+ from all the level in did in cata. I also have not touched healing since wrath as well. I can tell you Im leaning toward the priest because I think its a bit more of an "offensive" healer.

So with what I said I want do you guys think a priest would fit me better than a shaman?
Edited by Lucrend on 3/20/2013 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you haven't healed since wrath disc priests would be the easiest to pick back up, shamans and holy priests have gone through a myriad of changes since then and both seem to struggle more with mana than discipline does.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
you will enjoy the priest. as a disc/shadow priest i am able to solo most old raids up to mid wrath & 5 mans are extremely fun. plus if you did want to raid, atonement spec healing is powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
you will enjoy the priest. as a disc/shadow priest i am able to solo most old raids up to mid wrath & 5 mans are extremely fun. plus if you did want to raid, atonement spec healing is powerful.

My priest is 87 and 17% in and Im really enjoying it a lot more than I did leveling my shaman. I really enjoy healing dungons, feel that shadow is decent and really cant wait till I hit 90.
Reply Quote
If your focus is 5 mans and old content, then i'd suggest going shaman.

You can heal most stuff with a conductivity spec as elemental. For what you cant there's resto, though for 5 mans and old content that wont be much at all.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Conductivity for Challenge Modes = Gold
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]