I've been playing since late Cataclysm, and I've never been in a guild. I was perfectly fine with this until recently, but I think I've gotten to the point where I need some guild perks, mostly the ability to purchase certain heirlooms. So now I need to find a guild.

I don't really know anything about guilds other than what I've read on WoWWiki, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing or what kind of guild I should be looking for. I do know that a PvP-focused guild probably isn't right for me, given that my PvP experience is limited to getting ganked twice by some orc while doing the Grizzly Hills dailies. (I /glared at him, though. Take that, orc!)

I'm pretty content playing alone and soloing old content, and I don't really feel the need to have a guild where I can easily find groups for dungeons and raids. The other side of this is that I probably wouldn't be able to contribute much to the guild as far as progression goes. However, I might be able to contribute in other ways, possibly something profession-related, like maybe providing guild members with reduced-cost or free glyphs.

Besides being able to buy heirlooms, I think what I'd really like is to find a guild with interesting guild chat. I want to sometimes have random discussions about the nature of the Old Gods, or logographic writing systems, or art, or whatever.

So I thought I would ask in the realm forum if there were any guilds that might be suitable for me, and that wouldn't mind having someone who used to suspect his mindbender of out-DPSing him.