Nice Try Blizz, Almost there =D

Don't think people have realized yet but the "zoning" issue that used to knock people off of 2 person mounts and kill them, it has been fixed. BUT now the issue has arised where I am getting DC'ed every time I'm between zones trying to "remount" once a zone line has been crossed. I'm assuming the Warden program is what is causing this so please fix so I don't DC when flying around with my buddies =DDDD Thanks Blizz
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
I wouldn't call it fixed more like replacing one problem with another.
Reply Quote
i have the same problem been going on for like 2 months now......they say its on my end probobly addon related. i dont think i will ever get it fixxed :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yep when I was carting a fresh level 68 around northrend, he dc'd at each zone even though we were both on the same server and I did not dc ( on Stormrage ).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I always get instant dismounted going anywhere near wintergrasp. Sucks at times :/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Don't think people have realized yet but the "zoning" issue that used to knock people off of 2 person mounts and kill them, it has been fixed

I didn't realize it myself. When did this get fixed? 5.2? Any official notes on it yet?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
My wife has this issue when riding my 2 seated flyer
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Don't think people have realized yet but the "zoning" issue that used to knock people off of 2 person mounts and kill them, it has been fixed. BUT now the issue has arised where I am getting DC'ed every time I'm between zones trying to "remount" once a zone line has been crossed. I'm assuming the Warden program is what is causing this so please fix so I don't DC when flying around with my buddies =DDDD Thanks Blizz

We did manage to fix the 2 person mount issue, but yes, we know there's still an intermittent disconnect issue that we want to correct as well. We know what we need to do to fix it (*crosses her fingers*) but it won't be able to happen for a bit longer (potentially the next patch). We're continuing to work to improve it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It does not matter to me if it gets fixed or not. As long as CRZ is in place I will not be lvling any of my alts that are under 85. If I do lvl them it will be through LFD or BGs. Lvling is boring enough the 5th or 6th time but having to fight for quest mobs with people from other realms (or am I on their realm can't tell) like we had to years ago just feels like taking a big step backwards.
Reply Quote
9 Troll Warrior
It does not matter to me if it gets fixed or not. As long as CRZ is in place I will not be lvling any of my alts that are under 85. If I do lvl them it will be through LFD or BGs. Lvling is boring enough the 5th or 6th time but having to fight for quest mobs with people from other realms (or am I on their realm can't tell) like we had to years ago just feels like taking a big step backwards.

it just seems silly to be really up in anguish over this, when wow is intrinsically a massively multiplayer online game, not a single player game. yes, occasionally you may be put in situations where you can choose to either work together with, kill, or indignantly put up with other players. such is... life
Edited by Mightbtrolln on 10/2/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Sure it is an MMO but blizz took out all the group quests long ago, so grouping up just makes it take longer as you have to share your xp and don't get the whole amount.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
... but having to fight for quest mobs with people from other realms (or am I on their realm can't tell) like we had to years ago just feels like taking a big step backwards.

Years ago we had to fight for quest mobs because there were only maybe 3 in the entire area you were supposed to kill for quest completion. That's completely different from the experience going on right now where you typically have a plethora of mobs available to kill but are competing with other players for those kills.

If someone tags a mob, you aren't sitting around waiting for a respawn, you are moving 20 yards to the next mob and killing it.

Honestly, what you are complaining about is the fact you are playing with other people not this idea of stepping backwards in design.
Reply Quote
9 Troll Warrior
Sure it is an MMO but blizz took out all the group quests long ago, so grouping up just makes it take longer as you have to share your xp and don't get the whole amount.

sometimes if we go through things viewing everyone else as encroaching on our turf, our time to our self, us, it will always be as if we're inconvenienced by others, yes. however, if we view opportunities with strangers as a unique chance to see what kind of person the other is, then we may be rewarded and surprised by what happens. maybe these people stick around and help you quest for a while. maybe, if they're on your server, they give you some sweet item they were going to throw on the AH later, but inspected you and observed that you could really use the upgrade, after your 4th quest done together. maybe they're a player of the other faction and you're on a pvp server, and after several exchanged duels to the death, you both realized it wasn't going to result in either of you finishing your questing, so evokes a mutual cease fire and finishing of quests, assisting each other despite not being able to group or easily communicate.

sometimes world of warcraft has a chance to instill certain values in you, if you're listening and receptive. sometimes
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Nethaera
(*crosses her fingers*)

Nethaera's a woman? I always assumed, I dunno, that it was a candle. Go figure.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Just cause you don't like over crowding and mobs not spawning fast enough.. doesn't mean you don't like playing a multiplayer game..

There is a such thing as over crowding..
Reply Quote
32 Troll Druid
(*crosses her fingers*)

crosses her

her

no wai
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

You are aware than just because you share the xp doesn't mean that you get xp slower right? I mean, adding in a second person has no effect on how fast you are killing mobs or conversely, how fast you are completing quests (especially bottleneck quests) allowing you to move on to the next quest chain.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Nethaera's a woman? I always assumed, I dunno, that it was a candle. Go figure.

no wai

...You didn't know? Neth is very much a "she".

03/21/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Deavande
Lvling is boring enough the 5th or 6th time but having to fight for quest mobs with people from other realms

Does it really inconvenience you that much? How much of a delay are we talking about here? Is it with every quest, or just every once in a while?

I've levelled four different new alts since MoP and haven't had too much an issue with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]