Bots?

90 Orc Shaman
Seriously! The amount of bots is ridiculousness now!
I've been BGing on my low level warlock and we had 3 bots on each team. -Facepalm-

Blizzard: GAIZ GAIZ GAIZ LIZZEN GAIZ! WE GONNA MAKE IT SO U NO FALLOW NO MOAR! KAY?! DIZ GONNA MAKE LEZZ BOTZ! KAY?! NO FOLLOW NO BOTZ!

Yay! Watched a bot follow around an Alliance rouge though... that was a fun catch. . _.;;

Is it really this easy to get away with bots now? Like to the point where they are fly hacking everywhere too... = _='
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sometimes I pretend like I'm a bot and just follow people around in the Shrine in bear form.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'd be scared. Bebbit #1 bot PvPer?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It's nice killing bots while you farm herb/ore. It's not so nice when the bots are the same faction.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Ya! And they steal your stuff. D:

The amount of bots is too damn high!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I am not a robot

*Beep Boop I'm A Robot. 01110011 01110101 01110000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100100 01110101 01110000 01100101 01110010*

Ummmm

*Runs Away*
Edited by Binkee on 3/21/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Does that mean you do the robot dance?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Does that mean you do the robot dance?

/robot dance with meeps
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Aww ya! Break it down lil dwarf. :D
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGxZHQRN-Q
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Bots on your team = free HKs for the other team
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Not as many bots now, actually fewer than there have been in the last few years due to recent ban waves.

I mean absolutely no offense by this but 99% of the time people think they see a bot it is just a player. Your average bot will perform at a higher level than the average player, especially in bg's. They don't follow people and they don't do crap DPS.

What you CAN look for:
1) You get interupted INSTANTLY, as in too fast to be a player.
2) They have one agenda and one agenda only, whether that be mindlessly zerging and FC by themselves or repetitively running to the largest fight.
3) They don't have the capacity to be smart with trinkets, so if they trinket your CC even though it has DR and will only stay up for 2 seconds, thats a pretty good sign.
4) People who have botted for a long time have their profiles set up better for obvious reasons, if you see that random guy running around a BG intead of mounting, probably a new botter who doesn't have a clue. Report him and hope he catches a short term ban, he's too naive to deserver a perma.
5) If they get hung up on a raid, stump, fence, whatever (you get the point) they tend to back up, run directly to the side and try to go at the path from an angle.
6) They use click to move, run around with it some and that will give you a pretty good idea of how to look for their movement tendancies.
7) And this is the absolutely easiest give away. With a warrior, if they heroic leap extremely fast (same concept as with interupts) and with pinpoint accuracy, you might want to look into the possibility of them being a bot. God knows 90% of warriors don't even use leap, much less use it well.

Their faults are generally in lack of strategy, bots will typically be on the top of the charts simply because they execute flawless rotations and we as humans cannot accomplish that. That being said and as I pointed out above, if they are going kamakazee on the FC room where the other team is turtling, thats probably a good hint. What I'm saying is the issue is that they are getting better and better making them harder and harder to catch. They perform BG objectives, interupt, dispel, trinket, CC (and won't CC you if you have DR, go figure) and do literally any other movement/ability you can think of. Unfortunately you will never catch the ones who are good at it until they slip up and do something stupid like farm ore or get stuck in a weird spot.

Personally I've never understoon why blizz doesn't remove click to move, would wipe out 99% of bots and lets be honest nobody else uses click to move, you would go insane.

Edit: As Aleous said, when farming ore they are easy to spot. It goes back to their singular objective, they will farm farm farm and have no interest in anything else. They fight back if attacked but if you kill them they will rez and go back about their business like you're not even there.
Edited by Amaxas on 3/21/2013 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's a good and bad in lower level BGs. Sometimes you have them sometime they do, but Blizzard really needs to curb that mess. Reporting them for cheating or writing a ticket about the offenders do nothing. I saw this priest bot in my bracket for 30+ levels leveling one of my toons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
"if they interrupt you fast, they bot, if they use leap well, they bot, if they try to zerg the FC, they bot, if they run for the flag and only try to FC, they bot"

lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Not as many bots now, actually fewer than there have been in the last few years due to recent ban waves.

I mean absolutely no offense by this but 99% of the time people think they see a bot it is just a player. Your average bot will perform at a higher level than the average player, especially in bg's. They don't follow people and they don't do crap DPS.

What you CAN look for:
1) You get interupted INSTANTLY, as in too fast to be a player.
2) They have one agenda and one agenda only, whether that be mindlessly zerging and FC by themselves or repetitively running to the largest fight.
3) They don't have the capacity to be smart with trinkets, so if they trinket your CC even though it has DR and will only stay up for 2 seconds, thats a pretty good sign.
4) People who have botted for a long time have their profiles set up better for obvious reasons, if you see that random guy running around a BG intead of mounting, probably a new botter who doesn't have a clue. Report him and hope he catches a short term ban, he's too naive to deserver a perma.
5) If they get hung up on a raid, stump, fence, whatever (you get the point) they tend to back up, run directly to the side and try to go at the path from an angle.
6) They use click to move, run around with it some and that will give you a pretty good idea of how to look for their movement tendancies.
7) And this is the absolutely easiest give away. With a warrior, if they heroic leap extremely fast (same concept as with interupts) and with pinpoint accuracy, you might want to look into the possibility of them being a bot. God knows 90% of warriors don't even use leap, much less use it well.

Their faults are generally in lack of strategy, bots will typically be on the top of the charts simply because they execute flawless rotations and we as humans cannot accomplish that. That being said and as I pointed out above, if they are going kamakazee on the FC room where the other team is turtling, thats probably a good hint. What I'm saying is the issue is that they are getting better and better making them harder and harder to catch. They perform BG objectives, interupt, dispel, trinket, CC (and won't CC you if you have DR, go figure) and do literally any other movement/ability you can think of. Unfortunately you will never catch the ones who are good at it until they slip up and do something stupid like farm ore or get stuck in a weird spot.

Personally I've never understoon why blizz doesn't remove click to move, would wipe out 99% of bots and lets be honest nobody else uses click to move, you would go insane.

Edit: As Aleous said, when farming ore they are easy to spot. It goes back to their singular objective, they will farm farm farm and have no interest in anything else. They fight back if attacked but if you kill them they will rez and go back about their business like you're not even there.

Spotting them is easy, reporting them is easy...Blizzard doing anything about it is another thing..
Reply Quote
60 Draenei Shaman
At least they aren't on the auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
At least they aren't on the auction house.

You're a funny person.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Seriously! The amount of bots is ridiculousness now!
I've been BGing on my low level warlock and we had 3 bots on each team. -Facepalm-

Blizzard: GAIZ GAIZ GAIZ LIZZEN GAIZ! WE GONNA MAKE IT SO U NO FALLOW NO MOAR! KAY?! DIZ GONNA MAKE LEZZ BOTZ! KAY?! NO FOLLOW NO BOTZ!

Yay! Watched a bot follow around an Alliance rouge though... that was a fun catch. . _.;;

Is it really this easy to get away with bots now? Like to the point where they are fly hacking everywhere too... = _='

What is better?

Stopping one player 10 times, or stopping one player one time?

Blizzard isn't interested in the small fish they are after the big fish. If that means allowing bots till they do their big ban wave, so be it.

It seems you have noticed how quickly the bot programs were adjusted to no more follow in BG's. It's a never ending battle, that Blizzard will never win.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/22/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Covahredro
Blizzard isn't interested in the small fish they are after the big fish. If that means allowing bots till they do their big ban wave, so be it.

ahahahaha blizzard ban botters?, what a joke, they didn't even ban the win trading cheats. Which I'd considering worse than botters, so if they won't ban those what hope is there they'll ban botters.

The fact of the matter is these botters are paying customers and most likely with multiple accounts too. Its just too much money to be made off them, despite the damage they cause to the game.

Blizzard has done ban waves in the past. You'll know when it happens, as there will be hundred's of posts on the CS forum.

As for win traders, there are always those that slip between the cracks.

Both suck, but with 10 million players you cannot catch everything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]