A Zandalar Tribe Question?

88 Undead Priest
Prior to Cataclysm there was a small island (Yojamba Isle) just off the shore of Northern Stranglethorn. On this island were a few members of the Zandalar tribe. And, also before Cata, I was revered with them, and left WoW for two years.
Since my return I seem to missing a few pieces of the lore. My question is what happened to them? Is this the same group I’m send to kill out off the north shores of Kun-Lai Summit? I’ve seem to have missed something here. Can someone please fill me in?
Thanks.
Edited by Erelus on 3/21/2013 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Prior to Cataclysm there was a small island (Yojamba Isle) just off the shore of Northern Stranglethorn. On this island were a few members of the Zandalar tribe. And, also before Cata, I was revered with them, and left WoW for two years.
Since my return I seem to missing a few pieces of the lore. My question is what happened to them? Is this the same group I’m send to kill out off the north shores of Kun-Lai Summit? I’ve seem to have missed something here. Can someone please fill me in?
Thanks.

Yes, apparently some of the vendors are now rare spawns on the Isle of Thunder.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Jin'rokh the Breaker, Molthor, and Al'tabim the All Seeing were all vendors and quest givers on Yojamba Isle, and are killable on the Isle of Thunder.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Briefly, the Zandalari got hit by the crazy villian bat in cata, much like illidan, kaelthas, archbishop benedictus, mill manastorm before.

Either way, in 4.1 dismayed at how the once great troll empires are not as great right now, they became antagonistic to all non trolls in a hugely misguided attempt to return to their glory days.

In 5.2, we realised that Zul forsaw the cataclysm but was shrugged off by King Rastakhan. Zul was given an ark and his followers left, apparently for Pandaria in 5.0 to call on old alliance with the Mogu in a bid for survival. That was why they resurrected Lei Shen and how they were involved in thunder isle.

In 6.2, the trolls genocide will be so terrible that trolls are now a distinct minority. A wildlife preservation committee led by Thrall and DEHTA will try, unsuccessfully in dissuading adventurers from killing them for loot.

In 7.2, due to repeated poaching and unethical player behaviour, all non darkspear trolls will be extinct.

In 8.2, inbreeding among the Darkspear resulted in great deformity and eventually a troll epidemic killing off all remaining trolls. Blizzard removed playable trolls in the game and gives them hozen instead, b'cos they needed to Ook someone in the dooker.
Edited by Blitzhammer on 3/21/2013 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Stahp it!
Go home Blitz, you're drunk!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The Zandalari showed up for the first time in years in Cataclysm's patch 4.1. They gathered the remnants of the Gurubashi and Amani under one banner and promised to revive the troll empire.

There are some lore items scattered about the isle that answer just what happened to the Zandalari tribe between Yojamba Isle and their sudden aggression in Cataclysm:

Zul, a prophet under the service of the Zandalar king, Rastakhan, had a vision of the Cataclysm. He pleaded to Rastakhan but he was ignored. But Zul wouldn't give up, and eventually Rastakhan gave him a fleet of ships and told Zul if he truly believed in this vision to take his followers and leave. The Zandalari in Pandaria are Zul's followers, who escaped. Rastakhan and the others who stayed on Zandalar Isle, meanwhile, are now dealing with their island slowly sinking into the ocean as a result of the Cataclysm.

Thousands of years ago the Zandalari were allies of the Mogu Empire, so now they are trying to reconnect their two people. Zul has promised to help the Mogu reconquer Pandaria if they are allowed to live there now as a replacement for their sinking home.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
They're trolls, we always need more trolls to kill.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
03/21/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Blitzhammer
In 8.2, inbreeding among the Darkspear resulted in great deformity and eventually a troll epidemic killing off all remaining trolls.

Nah, the backup plan is for the Darkspear to start preserving their genetic makeup through an extensive breeding program with the closest (taxonomically speaking) species, Night and Blood Elves, thereby ensuring biological and genetic diversity while also creating a race with both the awesomeness of Trolls and the plot armor of Elves.

Jin'rokh the Breaker, Molthor, and Al'tabim the All Seeing were all vendors and quest givers on Yojamba Isle, and are killable on the Isle of Thunder.

That being said, we've a few examples of Zandalari Trolls acting against the Zandalari. In Stranglethorn Vale, Zandalari Trolls hire heroes to work against Zanzil and Jin'do.

Among these is Maywiki, the Yojamba Isle quest giver who dolled out armor and amulets to druid and shaman player characters.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior
Yojamba isle is where 4.1 trailer takes place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]