Will the new character models effect your RP

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
What new character models?
Reply Quote
^ pics or its not happening anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Other than potentially getting beard models?

No.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Hard to say until we see said models.

I will say though, if Blizz makes night elves look like dark-skinned blood elves I am going to be extremely upset. They say they are keeping the models true to their original ones though, so hopefully there is no need for concern. Except for human males, they need to stay as untrue to their original models as possible. lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hard to say until we see said models.

I will say though, if Blizz makes night elves look like dark-skinned blood elves I am going to be extremely upset. They say they are keeping the models true to their original ones though, so hopefully there is no need for concern. Except for human males, they need to stay as untrue to their original models as possible. lol

:O What's wrong with us? Do we need to tone down the handsome a little? (If anything the female human models have some problems).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
This just my opinion of course, but their heads are too small compared to their roided-up bodies, and the faces are too ugly to go without facial hair.

Also, I actually really like the human females in general. Good faces that look distinct from each other, nice proportions on their body, etc. The only thing they suffer from is just general low quality in textures, their body lines are very blocky.
Edited by Kaelani on 3/21/2013 5:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm gonna have to agree with Kaelani on this one.... something is definitely amiss about us. That and orcs.
Reply Quote
56 Worgen Druid
It's AFFECT.

Sorry, on topic: I'm actually holding off my role-playing until male human models are fixed. I want to role-play one so much, but I just can't stand the way they look.

With the new models, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll allow us to tone down the muscle a bit. They're too bulky for my taste. I want mine to be skinny as a twig.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Probably not. The models don't affect me much now, and they probably won't later. That being said, we still need it badly. Maybe the humans will get some better jokes and human females can get a better dance in the meantime (unless them being lame is kind of a meta joke). I really do wish the models didn't follow this bizarre sexual dimorphism, and for once didn't follow the pattern of "roided muscle man" and "waif-like woman" (an exception would be the Pandaren in my opinon).
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't see how new models would make any difference to my RP. Just because the character model may change doesn't mean that my character suddenly got an extreme makeover to go with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'll be happier and probably play WoW Dress Up more than I do now, but my RP would be the same. Why would it be any different? The biggest difference is that maybe I'd be more inclined to play races I wouldn't have before.

Also, pl0x can we have some new elf hair styles? And I'm not talking about the awful pigtails. I'm talking maybe stuff more intricate/earthy/ACTUALLY ELVEN. Sure, we have a few like that. You know, like three.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I'm gonna have to agree with Kaelani on this one.... something is definitely amiss about us. That and orcs.

It's the wrists.

... or rather, the lack of wrists.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Does someone have a link to a blue post where this is actually a thing? Kinda pointless to discuss changes to the models unless we may actually see this in the future.

Dont get my hopes up that they may finally de-90's-fy the superhero look of generally ALL the male characters.

I play a female orc due to the natural proportions. I want to play a male char, but I just can't stand the tree trunk forearms and look like I'm stricken spinabifida of the upper body. Female orcs actually have believable posture.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Also, pl0x can we have some new elf hair styles? And I'm not talking about the awful pigtails. I'm talking maybe stuff more intricate/earthy/ACTUALLY ELVEN. Sure, we have a few like that. You know, like three.

This.

(I'd also kinda like the emo gnome hair on my belf warlock.)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I just want to blink...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I just want to blink...

New troll female models are in.

Still no eyelids.
Reply Quote
65 Blood Elf Death Knight
uhhh, if they ever incorporate them! They have been saying it's "in the works" for quite a while now... yet, they found time to make an online TCG game... hmm....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
uhhh, if they ever incorporate them! They have been saying it's "in the works" for quite a while now... yet, they found time to make an online TCG game... hmm....

Because 1 team does all the development for everything, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]