Resto druid ?

90 Worgen Druid
Can a decent resto druid look at my gear and tell me if it looks ok im sititng at 31% mastery in raid which is good but is it overkill and should i regem some to intel mana is not an issue. Can also add me to battle tag if u would like JohnRedcorn#1347
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Why hello there. Isn't it nice to you again. ^.^

Out of curiosity, why do you value Mastery greater than Intellect (at least gem-wise)? I was under the assumption that Intellect still gave you more "bang for your buck" per point than Mastery does.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
thats what i think i messed up on was way to much mastery and not enouch intel
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'd say less mastery, more intellect -- but it appears that's mostly from given stats, and not "errors"

Your haste can drop, though. You got some leftover.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
You really don't need that excessive amount of spirit, especially with the 2pc. Gemming pure spirit gems was only worthwhile in 463 gear.
Edited by Fleurs on 3/22/2013 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You really don't need that excessive amount of spirit, especially with the 2pc. Gemming pure spirit gems was only worthwhile in 463 gear.

Also, the biggest purpose of going for the SoTF spec is so you can reach the higher haste BP when it's procced so you can get more ticks of WG. But you're sitting at just above the regular haste BP for when not using a SoTF spec. Why?

You need to be at 5730 w/ SoTF to hit the higher haste BP, 9543 is also attainable but not recommended since we lose too much mastery.

http://theincbear.com/math/resto-haste-breakpoints

You actually don't want to shoot for the 5437 Haste with SotF. You end up dropping about 4-5% Mastery (4-5% extra healing to every spell) to buff one healing spell by 6.77%. Of course this is assuming you don't want to sacrifice Spirit instead. Otherwise, 3043 is the preferred breakpoint to shoot for.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Also, the biggest purpose of going for the SoTF spec is so you can reach the higher haste BP when it's procced so you can get more ticks of WG. But you're sitting at just above the regular haste BP for when not using a SoTF spec. Why?

You need to be at 5730 w/ SoTF to hit the higher haste BP, 9543 is also attainable but not recommended since we lose too much mastery.

No.

You actually don't want to shoot for the 5437 Haste with SotF. You end up dropping about 4-5% Mastery (4-5% extra healing to every spell) to buff one healing spell by 6.77%. Of course this is assuming you don't want to sacrifice Spirit instead. Otherwise, 3043 is the preferred breakpoint to shoot for.

Yes.
Edited by Drimza on 3/22/2013 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Can a decent resto druid look at my gear and tell me if it looks ok im sititng at 31% mastery in raid which is good but is it overkill and should i regem some to intel mana is not an issue. Can also add me to battle tag if u would like JohnRedcorn#1347

Mastery and int are very close at certain SP levels - closer than what most people believe it is.

You don't have as much as I do and switching to int won't make one bit of difference that you'll even notice.

3043 is the haste for all resto builds period. 5437 only boosts WG a few extra ticks and only WG so it's a net loss - pretty big in fact from harmony.
Edited by Moophious on 3/22/2013 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
3043 is the haste for all resto builds period. 5437 only boosts WG a few extra ticks and only WG so it's a net loss - pretty big in fact from harmony.

Very true.
Reply Quote
65 Blood Elf Rogue
your first mistake was playing worgen
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I miss being troll :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
With gemming, Mastery outweighs Intellect. Stat weights:

Intellect- 1.00 (1.06 with HotW)
Mastery- .60
Crit- .55

Because you get twice as much Mastery out of gems than Intellect, you get a value of 1.20.

Ever since they made secondary stat gems have twice the weight of Intellect gems, Intellect gems have taken a backseat. This also applies to Balance Druids who should be stacking Crit gems wherever possible.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Oh and BTW, mastery is strong, BUT at 1-1 intellect is the clear winner.

But then there are gems.... which are 2-1 for secondaries.

At 2-1 mastery is actually a bit stronger than intellect (and will only get stronger as SP increases overall). I believe it is roughly 10% more throughput at the 2-1 ratio gems have when going with mastery over intellect.

As for mastery versus the high haste breakpoints: Using the most reliable sim (Treecalcs), the next SOTF WG BP actually sims a little higher as opposed to stacking mastery beyond the 3043 haste BP. It is only one extra tick during SOTF, but it is more significant than people realize.

BUT.. this assumes perfect WG usage and a perfect fight for it. I find this to be almost never possible.

In comparison, mastery effects all our heals, so it is much more reliable, your tranqs, your tank heals, mushrooms, rejuvs., etc.. all are effected.

So, I advise stacking mastery beyond 3043. In previous tiers the WG breakpoints effected efllo and WG, while using SOTF it only effects WG. It also seems like the trade in mastery has become more significant.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
03/23/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Fangthorn
BUT.. this assumes perfect WG usage and a perfect fight for it. I find this to be almost never possible.

WG never does enough healing overall to justify the switch all the time. Very few fights one is syncing SM to WG for every CD and there's the rub with sims.

It looks good on paper though as you've stated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

No.

Yes.

Well this might true in some cases... It is not necessarily true all the time. The actual output of each build is extremely dependent on your healing group. Personally i heal with a Disc Priest and Holy Paladin, so enjoy the burst healing off of the 5437 haste breakpoint WGs. I also find myself having a lot of downtime with healing on a lot of fights due to the sheer amount of bubble from the disc and pally.... Perfect time to pop HotW, and haste is the only stat that benefits both healing and dps as resto. Also don't forget that you DO in fact gain another tick from lifebloom from the 5437 haste breakpoint.

http://theincbear.com/math/resto-haste-breakpoints

Right now im sitting on 31.43% mastery raid buffed. As for the Mastery portion, you can use this formula from elite jerks to figure out if you want to be gemming Mastery or Intellect. At the higher gear ilvls you'll want to start gemming pure mastery.

Total Spellpower before buffs = 22605 +(0.5843 x Mastery before buffs)

If the left side of the equation is higher (where it says spellpower) gem mastery
If the right side of the equation is higher (where it says mastery) gem intellect

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569309740

Another interesting Tid bit... if you're lucky enough to have the Meta Gem by now, you'll want to avoid gemming or enchanting spirit at all.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
04/29/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Tripcy
so enjoy the burst healing off of the 5437 haste breakpoint WGs.

SotF @ 5437 having one extra tick doesn't equate to 'burst healing' any more than having SotF at 3043. When I think of burst healing I'm thinking at least WM or LOD not a rolling hot but I digress. The point is @ 3043 w/SotF you have a similar heal going out minus one tick albeit much stronger ticks.

One could argue that the much stronger ticks @ 3043 more than cover that one added tick at higher BP.

If you're only giving up say 1% mastery and some spirit/crit to reach it then by all means it should be more than worth it but when we're talking 2-4% mastery I don't think the argument holds much weights in terms of throughput.

04/29/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Tripcy
Also don't forget that you DO in fact gain another tick from lifebloom from the 5437 haste breakpoint.

What does LB have to do with anything? I'm curious as to why people even mention this aspect of higher BP. We don't let LB tick down to the last tick the overwhelming majority of the time so LB in this argument is pretty mute. We don't SotF LB over WG or RJ either.

I'm sitting at 32% unbuffed mastery
Edited by Moophious on 4/29/2013 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/29/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Moophious
so enjoy the burst healing off of the 5437 haste breakpoint WGs.

SotF @ 5437 having one extra tick doesn't equate to 'burst healing' any more than having SotF at 3043. When I think of burst healing I'm thinking at least WM or LOD not a rolling hot but I digress. The point is @ 3043 w/SotF you have a similar heal going out minus one tick albeit much stronger ticks.

One could argue that the much stronger ticks @ 3043 more than cover that one added tick at higher BP.

If you're only giving up say 1% mastery and some spirit/crit to reach it then by all means it should be more than worth it but when we're talking 2-4% mastery I don't think the argument holds much weights in terms of throughput.

Also don't forget that you DO in fact gain another tick from lifebloom from the 5437 haste breakpoint.

What does LB have to do with anything? I'm curious as to why people even mention this aspect of higher BP. We don't let LB tick down to the last tick the overwhelming majority of the time so LB in this argument is pretty mute. We don't SotF LB over WG or RJ either.

I'm sitting at 32% unbuffed mastery

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from there. But for my playstyle the 3043 breakpoint feels "slow". Even if i reforged everything out of haste on my gear, I still even up 200-300 points over the cap... thats 200-300 points of haste that are 100% completely wasted. Besides, I like HotW burst dps, and my 0.9 second cast time of regrowth. As far as loosing, for me what would be 4% mastery, you're talking about loosing 2-3k per tick on wild growth... I think i'd rather have that extra tick + faster ticks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Again.... this has been an interesting topic I've seen over and over. I tend to agree more with Fang in the posts I've seen so far on the forums. However.....

The focus seems to be on the wg tick at 6652. true, in plain old tree you'll get 9 ticks for sm/wg, but you'll get 14 with SotF for WG. RG=4 to 7, lb =18+ tranq can be affected, so there is MUCH more than a single wg tick at stake here. Yes, you'll lose a bit of mastery. Yes you'll lose some int. Again, as I have said before, paper napkins and calc sheets are great, but until it's field tested, it's paper.

Hopefully, after this post, I'll have solid numbers between to evenly matched attempts to show. It looks like to me the edge actually goes to the second haste cap. While the spells don't hit as hard, under SotF, the sheer numbers are overwhelming with the t15 bonuses, and the differences between loss for int/mastery are small....

Now... That being said, it DOESN'T mean that the 3043 spec is dead. It simply means that both are viable, and I am finding in 25 man the 2nd haste cap seems to perform better under both heavy healing and the absorb issues for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]