Kinda impressed with rets atm

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hyperbole's don't help your argument.
No spec has ever been 20% behind the next person since TBC.

5.1 Arms says hi
Reply Quote
I reasonably happy with Ret, but for one thing - being behind our Mistweaver in AoE damage and he does silly healing at the same time. That's just wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I reasonably happy with Ret, but for one thing - being behind our Mistweaver in AoE damage and he does silly healing at the same time. That's just wrong.
im kinda assuming they are good single target but bad aoe. could be wrong tho since i only pvp on ret.
Reply Quote
They buffed Ret's damage and buffed AoE on top of that in 5.2, but AoE still seems a little low. In particular, snap AoE is poor - it takes time to get Ret's damage going either single or multi-target, and that means AoE damage on clouds of weak mobs (say Garalon's trash) is quite poor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I just need to point this out to !@#$...sweet name gets a fist bump.

Just to let you know mages are not the only spec to do tremulous damage with a one button rotation. It wasn't until cata I think that mages ended up with a one button due to the over sized mana pools, even than they had to evocate at some point so its really a 1.1ish rotation.

Lock rotation of BC was one button, so much so that you had one warlock take the dps lost of casting curse of elements first, than hitting shadow bolt, the resulting damage was unclassifiable. It was that big.

Now though, its worth noting the nerfs were really extreme, you could feel them way down even in the incomplete 5.0 raid finder gear.

Also how many of the paladins posting here can do the damage that's being posted in the parses they are linking? I know I can't do any were near the damage the mages they have are. Do we have some that more normal non heroics are doing because a few thousand points at the heroic level doesn't seem to be a good indicator. The difference that player skill at that point seems like it would matter more than the class balance, which is remarklby close other then the few outliers.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
I get the feeling that ret is somewhat weak until you get 4pc and a weapon, mainly cause the 4pc is so strong.

almost like how ww monks got nerfed (i assume) due to how their mastery interacts with a trinket (rune of reorigination).

in any case, we might be good in BiS gear, but there is much to be desired till that point is reached, at least relative to other melee. like, sims projected ww as the top dps by a fair margin: of course sim data is just speculation, but it does seem like ww is being balanced around BiS gear, including that trinket.
Edited by Sanctifìed on 3/29/2013 3:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I do reasonably well (top 8~) on any fight that has mechanics that either increase boss damage taken or increase our damage (Jin'rokh, Horridon) or have adds that can be AoE'ed in a clump (Magaera HM arcane head adds, Lei Shen lightning balls, supposedly Tortos bats but I've never been in for our HM Tortos kills). I also hear that Ret is good for Dark Animus HM, but again, I haven't personally fought it yet. Paladin utility is exceptionally strong this tier so if you're lacking in Holy/Prot Paladins then Ret is a good backup choice.

The class that excels for every single encounter this tier are clearly Warlocks: high cleave damage, high AoE damage, high single target damage, healthstones, gateways (exceptionally useful on Magaera), mobile ranged DPS, and good personal cooldowns means there's really no reason to not stack them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm having alot of fun playing Hitman Absolution.
If you're ret I highly recommend you do the same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All the cool kids are playing Sim City.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Why does this have to be a Mage v Paladin thread? Wat?

Ret isn't doing great on DPS that much is certain

One mage specs has been struggling in the PvE department also

I think blizzard can work on two classes at once yeah?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Apparently not
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
really glad is topped playing this game
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
nm crabby is back itss worth playing again
Reply Quote
Why does this have to be a Mage v Paladin thread? Wat?

Ret isn't doing great on DPS that much is certain

One mage specs has been struggling in the PvE department also

I think blizzard can work on two classes at once yeah?

the intent was not to be ret v. mage lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/25/2013 02:53 AMPosted by Fayte

It was an obvious troll, and you and plenty of others happily fed it.

Is it any surprise that a troll thread that calls out two classes turns into a class war between those classes?

yea i'm trolling becuase you know what is going on in my head

/sarcasm

Then I apologise. It read like an attempt to pit two classes against each other to me, but maybe my Troll-o-meter has the sensitivity dialled up too high.
Reply Quote

yea i'm trolling becuase you know what is going on in my head

/sarcasm

Then I apologise. It read like an attempt to pit two classes against each other to me, but maybe my Troll-o-meter has the sensitivity dialled up too high.

i personally pvp on ret but i was thinking about pveing on it but it aoe is so bad i might as well wait till next tier where theres less aoe fights(hope there is at least). This was suppose to be a buff ret thread but it turned out otherwise, maybe i should of rewarded my opening.
Edited by Fayte on 4/2/2013 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Unfortunately the developers have chosen certain classes to be the lowest DPS and over the years this has been tattooed into peoples' brains. It's perfectly okay to be outdpsed by a warlock, or DK, or rogue, or mage, but never a ret. That's game design coupled with seven years of everyone laughing at paladins trying to dps.

If warlocks top meters for an entire expansion on every fight, everyone in the community is fine with it. On the other hand if a rets beat a single person on a single phase of a single fight, that person will smash their monitor, breaks their house down, and post on these forums until their class is buffed or rets nerfed.

It's funny if you ask me. Sad, but still funny.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Unfortunately the developers have chosen certain classes to be the lowest DPS and over the years this has been tattooed into peoples' brains. It's perfectly okay to be outdpsed by a warlock, or DK, or rogue, or mage, but never a ret. That's game design coupled with seven years of everyone laughing at paladins trying to dps.

If warlocks top meters for an entire expansion on every fight, everyone in the community is fine with it. On the other hand if a rets beat a single person on a single phase of a single fight, that person will smash their monitor, breaks their house down, and post on these forums until their class is buffed or rets nerfed.

It's funny if you ask me. Sad, but still funny.

same with shamans =/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
yeah, especially enhance shaman. thats another spec thats expected to do worse than others.
Edited by Grant on 4/3/2013 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]