Upgraded Sha Touched Weapons vs ToT Weapons?

90 Pandaren Shaman
Now, we all know that the weapons in ToT are better than the weapons from the 5.0 raids, that much is given. But do you think it's a good idea to replace a fully 5.1 upgraded Sha-Touched weapon, regardless of level, with a ToT weapon? I figure the Sha-Touched must have an advantage with the Sha gem and the Prismatic socket over just the usual one colored socket the ToT weapons have.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Remember you can also put the prosmatic socket on ToT weapons. ToT weapons are better than sha touched weapons of the same raid difficulty, ie LFR ToT beats even double upgraded LFR sha-touched, but not normal
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
A 517 sha touched is about equivalent to a 522 weapon.

If you're talking about normal, ie. a 504 sha touched, then the 522 will always be better.
Edited by Azloran on 3/20/2013 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Remember you can also put the prosmatic socket on ToT weapons. ToT weapons are better than sha touched weapons of the same raid difficulty, ie LFR ToT beats even double upgraded LFR sha-touched, but not normal

Wait what? You can put the sha gem slot on a regular weapon?
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Shaman

I really like your transmog.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
04/28/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Golgoth

Wait what? You can put the sha gem slot on a regular weapon?
Month old post, but no you cant use the sha gem in a regular weapon. However, you can put the prismatic socket on any weapon though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just add up the stats and see which one is better. I found that my lfr ToT staff is better than my 2/2 upgraded lfr sha mace. :/
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
If you do decide the ToT weapon isn't optimal now, keep it anyway, because in 5.3 you'll be able to upgrade it and it will then easily beat the upgraded sha-touched weapon.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Just add up the stats and see which one is better. I found that my lfr ToT staff is better than my 2/2 upgraded lfr sha mace. :/

The two hander beats out the one hander in stats? I would think that's kind of obvious. Not trying to be mean, but you've got to take into account whatever your offhand is there too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
i don't agree with you guys.. yea the stats are a little bit better but my 496 sha touched weapon has almost double the int of my 522 ToT weapon so please explain why my dps will increase with 60 more crit and haste but losing almosts 500 int

You also need to account for the additional nearly 2,000 Spellpower the ToT weapon has over your sha touched weapon.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
You also need to account for the additional nearly 2,000 Spellpower the ToT weapon has over your sha touched weapon.

This.

Lets compare, 496 sword 524 int + 660
Vs
522 fist 588 int + 2 sockets = 900 int

So sword is 200 int > then fist but fist is something like 2k Spell power(witch iirc is like 800+ int worth) + slightly more secondary stat budgets
Edited by Ferocityy on 5/5/2013 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/29/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Tredain

The two hander beats out the one hander in stats? I would think that's kind of obvious. Not trying to be mean, but you've got to take into account whatever your offhand is there too.
Of course I added up the stats on my shield as well... Now I'm using the fist weapon which is better than the staff. 1 hander + off-hand is almost always better than 2hander for healing, so idk why you'd think the 2 hander is automatically better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]