The war up north

Will humans ever return to Southshore and Lordaeron?

I have to say, I was looking forward to continuing the human story from WC3 but it all seems to go so slow and the theme is really ignored. Almost like the devs doesn't even care.
Obviously the undead have a strong foothold there but the alliance only sent a couple of soldiers there and they almost took back the land then they just stopped and it was ignored for troll stuff and other dumb mini patches that really should have no interest for the alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
is this a troll post? it has almost every flame bait/vyrin summoning theme possible... all it is missing is a "right to the land" statement and something about how great garithos was.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
At least one human has already returned to Lordaeron: Dal Gahrron.

I've been many places in my life, good <class>. I fought the battle for Ahn'Qiraj, passed through the Dark Portal into Outland, and joined the Argent Crusade to beat down Scourge in coldest Northrend.
But before it all, I was a farmer here in Lordaeron. Now I find myself here in Hearthglen, a scant few miles from home. It's time I paid my respects.
I'm headed to the Menders' Stead before I return home. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you again once I get there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Southshore was kind of a weird village, to be honest. It didn't really belong to Stormwind(I think it was either Lordaeron or Kul Tiras that claimed it), but neither of those countries enforced rule. Or in the case of Lordaeron, it couldn't because they were all undeadies now so the humans wouldn't accept that.

So Stormwind did have troops stationed there, even though it was in very contested territory. It's kind of odd considering that the only military power there, really, were the Dwarves...who were defeated.

So no. The "war up north" is essentially over. For gameplay reasons, Blizzard wanted to cede that land to the Horde.
Reply Quote
is this a troll post? it has almost every flame bait/vyrin summoning theme possible... all it is missing is a "right to the land" statement and something about how great garithos was.

Only a horde fan boy would get offended by what I wrote. Though it angers me that the alliance is avoiding the forsaken threat to the north even after defeating them almost the the point of defeat with the worgen. Forget the seige of orgrimmar, I want the siege of lordaeron
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
So no. The "war up north" is essentially over. For gameplay reasons, Blizzard wanted to cede that land to the Horde.

Half of it to the Horde, and most of the other half to the Argent Crusade.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
03/20/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Uaria

Only a horde fan boy would get offended by what I wrote. Though it angers me that the alliance is avoiding the forsaken threat to the north even after defeating them almost the the point of defeat with the worgen. Forget the seige of orgrimmar, I want the siege of lordaeron

that was an actual question. you did hit on all but two major troll themes for this specific topic.

also you ignore the possibility that the story is continued through the forsaken as shown via the games and books that continue the story through the forsaken.

WC1 the north doesnt exist
WC2+expanrtion the human story of lordaeron goes through them winning.
WC3 the human side of the story is them loosing to the scourge hands down
WC3 TFT is the humans burning their bridges with elves and being totaly forced out of the area
WC3TFT the forsaken take over the human side of the story
vanilla the forsaken progress the lorderon story from their side humans take on new nationaliies
cata the vanilla quests are finaly shown in game the humans that came back lost hard.
mists... no one really cares yet.
Reply Quote
that was an actual question. you did hit on all but two major troll themes for this specific topic.

Nope its not a troll theme it is a legitimate theme in the warcraft story.

also you ignore the possibility that the story is continued through the forsaken as shown via the games and books that continue the story through the forsaken.

Haven't seen any news about this? Maybe in 5 years when Warcraft 4 comes out.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
Southshore is lost land. Devs said they aren't making any new changes to the old world after cata. Best thing to do is just forget about it until they change their mind.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

They forgot to mention that High Elves should be an Alliance race or they are cancelling their account.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Hopefully in 5.3 there is some kind of war in Lordaeron. It is going to be very dumb if it isn't even mentioned in mists since the war is returning to the old world soon.
Edited by Gollard on 3/20/2013 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
Hopefully in 5.3 there is some kind of war in Lordaeron. It is going to be very dumb if it isn't even mentioned in mists since the war is returning to the old world soon.
why? Kalimdor is where the war started, where the fighting was fiercest and where Alliance land was actually invaded and destroyed in numerous zones. Kalimdor is what counts.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
03/21/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Suraia
why? Kalimdor is where the war started, where the fighting was fiercest and where Alliance land was actually invaded and destroyed in numerous zones.

More Alliance land was invaded in the Eastern Kingdoms than in Kalimdor.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
This is stuff that could make the Alliance's story interesting, since it's an Alliance and not a unified state. The EK Alliance and the Kalimdor Alliance arguing over where they should place their focus.

Picture Tyrande and Muradin arguing over the subject.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Vyrin
why? Kalimdor is where the war started, where the fighting was fiercest and where Alliance land was actually invaded and destroyed in numerous zones.

More Alliance land was invaded in the Eastern Kingdoms than in Kalimdor.
You can't count Lordaeron as Alliance land. Ashenvale is far bigger than Andorhal and the entire zone was embroiled in the conflict. Azshara was also Night Elf land invaded and captured by the Horde. It's all a moot point, it's lost forever since Blizz said they aren't changing the world (so who really gives a crap about whatever lame scenarios they put out in 5.3 that imply a change of removing the last Horde eyesores from Night Elf land, for example). Southshore is gone, done for. Utterly destroyed to the point where the Forsaken can't even inhabit it. Consider it Thaldarah Grove of EK. Other than those, there is Gilneas, a conflict that is stuck in limbo, but a BG that exists to tell the story of its battle. It's still being contested so can't be count as lost.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
03/21/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Suraia
why? Kalimdor is where the war started, where the fighting was fiercest and where Alliance land was actually invaded and destroyed in numerous zones. Kalimdor is what counts.

Because the Alliance has a lot it can and should fight for in the EK. Such as securing Gilneas, retaking Stromgarde and looking to Lordaeron. Kalimdor was like the main focus of cata, there is a lot of story that needs to be told in the EK.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Because the Alliance has a lot it can and should fight for in the EK. Such as securing Gilneas, retaking Stromgarde and looking to Lordaeron. Kalimdor was like the main focus of cata, there is a lot of story that needs to be told in the EK.

Worgen own all of Gilneas, they are just too lazy to move back in.

Stormgarde is doable but Lordaeron ever going Alliance is about as likely as Horde taking SW in 5.4.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter

Kalimdor was not a main focus in cata... you could spend just as much time fighting the horde in Hinterlands, WPL, and TH as you could fighting them in Ashenvale, Barrens and Stonetalon. Retaking Stromgarde might be the most useless waste of a storyline that ever existed, and wouldn't be worth any Alliance life to "retake", especially non-human life. UNlike land in EK where the Horde's victory was complete (and Lordaeron, since the start of WoW, was NOT alliance land), Kalimdor was where Horde advances were repelled and defeated and its also the springboard into Orgrimmar. Whatever goes on in EK can happen after Kalimdor is sorted out, which it needs to be as the Alliance needs a firm foothold if their presence in SoO is going to be anything beyond token...
Edited by Suraia on 3/21/2013 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Humans are in Lordaeron right now. In fact, we can't go a single "Lordaeron thread" without someone mentioning those poor Lordaeronian pumpkin farmers that the forsaken are sent to raid and kill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Worgen own all of Gilneas, they are just too lazy to move back in.

You sure it's not laziness and moreso that they're just enjoying the outside world?

03/21/2013 03:32 AMPosted by Suraia
Retaking Stromgarde might be the most useless waste of a storyline that ever existed, and wouldn't be worth any Alliance life to "retake", especially non-human life.

No it's not, given that Stromgarde and the whole of Arathi have deep historical ties to humanity.

I know it might be impractical at the moment since it looks like Kalimdor has to get the focus for the Alliance to gain a foothold during the siege of Orgrimmar, but it's still not much of a strong argument to say "It's not good for non-humans, so it sucks."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]