Zandalari using the power of Elune.

90 Night Elf Druid
A Haruspex is a performer of haruspicy, ie divination through the reading of entrails of animals, but it's also done by priests of the old Roman and Etruscan religions.

It's a bit to convenient for Zandalari, who already share the model of Night Elves, to be going around using such iconic spells such as Starfall (which, according to some, have the same coloration as moon magic in game, but a different, improved graphic than the Druids version.) when said character is a priest.

It seens we are getting closer and closer to confirmation of Elune beng some sort of ancient Loa.

I do have to wonder if we will run into a High Priestess of Elune from the Trolls, in whom which is favored even more than Tyrande. I find it unlikely that Tyrande is still the favored, considering her inability to heal Shandris in her short story, which was a fairly big deal considering how they made a point of saying Tyrande was never turned down the power to heal in WotA.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/20/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Ferlion
who already share the model of Night Elves,

Do they? The model seems to be unique.
Reply Quote
Night elves are just mutated trolls.

So it is the night elves that look like trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/20/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Veloran
who already share the model of Night Elves,

Do they? The model seems to be unique.

Sorry, meant skeleton.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
All druids use starfall and haruspex was the set name for the ZG druid stuff from classic. don't look too far into it. Zandalari using starfall isn't any different from a troll druid using starfall. Zandalari model is upright cause that's what a troll is supposed to be. Hunchbacks were something that happened after their fall.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druids still get those abilities from Elune though. Moon based magic is her perview. That's why Tyrande, a non-druid, can still use moonfire and starfall, and why Shandris, a non magic based character, can still call down spells strong enough to knock Cho'gall silly.

More, Night Elves are still confirmed to be the first druids, and I doubt the Zandalari were in such a bind that that they got teh gonk treatment.
Edited by Ferlion on 3/20/2013 9:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
Don't forget that Troll poem about the moon that was somewhere in Stranglethorn or wherever.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
Druids still get those abilities from Elune though. Moon based magic is her perview. That's why Tyrande, a non-druid, can still use moonfire and starfall, and why Shandris, a non magic based character, can still call down spells strong enough to knock Cho'gall silly.

More, Night Elves are still confirmed to be the first druids, and I doubt the Zandalari were in such a bind that that they got teh gonk treatment.
Look at is as the difference between warlock death coil and death knight death coil. I doubt they will have a troll high priestess more favoured than Tyrande running about. Shandris is a Sentinel, Sentinels are to some degree priestesses, they can tap into Elune's magic to attack, ward themselves etc. It doesn't translate into game mechanics (until we get a bloody Night Elf Paladin), so they are all "magic-based"; night elves have a high affinity for magic, even though they elected to outlaw the Arcane.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
I find it unlikely that Tyrande is still the favored, considering her inability to heal Shandris in her short story, which was a fairly big deal considering how they made a point of saying Tyrande was never turned down the power to heal in WotA.

Doesn't this rely on Blizzard having a consistent narrative in mind for Tyrande?

But yeah, the troll spells seem cool. The Loa/Ancient thing looks fairly uncontested now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
It's ok, the night elves will start worshiping the Light now. That one night elf in Shrine of Seven Stars even says Tyrande sent them there as a vanguard for the Light, not for Elune. Then the trolls will take Elune as their goddess.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Lena
It's ok, the night elves will start worshiping the Light now.
what a horribly disgusting homogenisation of the Alliance as a bunch of Light worshipping evangelical scum.
That one night elf in Shrine of Seven Stars even says Tyrande sent them there as a vanguard for the Light, not for Elune. Then the trolls will take Elune as their goddess.
Wrong. Where did you get that from?

"The real story is that our lady Tyrande Whisperwind has had visions of a great light we would... will... find on this journey. A light that will need to be found and defended."

aka the Vale.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
03/21/2013 02:01 AMPosted by Suraia
what a horribly disgusting homogenisation of the Alliance as a bunch of Light worshipping evangelical scum.

And watch Elune be a Naaru.

I kid, I kid.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 02:03 AMPosted by Pyronaptor

And watch Elune be a Naaru.

I kid, I kid.
she could be. honestly I don't care. not my story after all. But what a terrible change that would be ;)
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight

"The real story is that our lady Tyrande Whisperwind has had visions of a great light we would... will... find on this journey. A light that will need to be found and defended."

aka the Vale.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64614

She says that Tyrande sent them as a vanguard for the Light. Capital-L Light.
Edited by Gandred on 3/21/2013 2:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

aka the Vale.

The night elf sentinel outside the inn part of the Shrine.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
It's almost as bad as Dezco referencing the Light rather than An'she or Sunlight.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter

aka the Vale.

The night elf sentinel outside the inn part of the Shrine.
She doesnt say anything about being sent by the light. my quote is from Lyalia in Krasarang. Again nothing about being a vanguard for the Light. The "Light" as holy magic blah blah is only mentioned as being a component (along with shadow) in the Dojani pools. the Shadow was the mogu's addition. The Light came from the Vale waters. So no, they aren't there as a vanguard for the Light.

It's almost as bad as Dezco referencing the Light rather than An'she or Sunlight.
ya, that was annoying. Especially since all of Cata they tried hard to show it was clear that they weren't like a human or space goat paladin. And now... might as well be Argent Crusader Dezco...
Edited by Suraia on 3/21/2013 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
She doesnt say anything about being sent by the light. my quote is from Lyalia in Krasarang. Again nothing about being a vanguard for the Light. The "Light" as holy magic blah blah is only mentioned as being a component (along with shadow) in the Dojani pools. the Shadow was the mogu's addition. The Light came from the Vale waters. So no, they aren't there as a vanguard for the Light.

It's not Lyalia, it's the other sentinel. Whisperblade or something like that. She has a few different sayings so you might have to talk to her a few times for it to come up.
Edited by Lena on 3/21/2013 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Yay, let's continue to butcher and kill the night elf story even more... yay?
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64614

She says that Tyrande sent them as a vanguard for the Light. Capital-L Light.
honestly, flavour text from a random NPC means nothing. It's an oversight. Lyalia, a recurring character in the Pandaria story, leader of the expedition sent out by Tyrande, is the one whose dialogue counts. And as I showed, has nothing to do with "the Light".

Yay, let's continue to butcher and kill the night elf story even more... yay?
these other people would love to see it happen as it increases the relevance of their favoured lore over ours.
Edited by Suraia on 3/21/2013 3:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]