Theforgotten's Guide to Island Rarespawns.

100 Night Elf Rogue
This thread is mostly just for kicks, but if some of you don't know, well hell I was helpful!

Q:What are these new...Rare spawns?

Across the Isle of Thunder, there are quite a few named rares that crop up ever 15 minutes. Ra'sha to Progentius, they drop loot to aid in our travels.(Mostly valor tomes and cloth.)

Q:Whats so different about them, Forgotten?
They have a unique looting system in which anyone who pokes them with shiney objects gets a share of their loot. I don't know if theres a damage minimum, but it seems to be rather forgiving

Q:I damaged the spawn and it died..but theres no loot
Well gg for you. Kidding. There is a bug(It might have been patched since I havent seen it in awhile) that causes loot to be untouchable. Merely run away, reload your ui, or wait it out. Itll eventuall pop up for you.

Q:I found one of these spawns! What do I do?
Depending on which spawn, you might need a little help. Fret not! Advertise in general and soon you'll have your comrades swarming over this poor spawn like ants over a dead worm.

Q:Horde/Alliance have shown up! Are they going to gank us?!
Depending on who, they might. But 8 times out of 10, they just want a piece of the loot for themselves. Unless its Grommash. That guys a jerk.(I kid I kid). What happens after the rare spawn dies, however, I am not responsible for.

Q:Is there any limit to how many I can kill per week/day?

Not that I've discovered, but the looot seems to drop off aafter the first. Usually the first drops a stone, maybe a key, and a tome. After that, Ivebeen lucky to find a stone on every 10th or so mob. Tomes are usually always there though. Yay 15 valor!

Thats all I got. Any questions?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For a few more notes.

Not that I've discovered

There is a limit to one key a week from the rare spawns, which you should get in the first 3 kills at least, usually the first, if not the 2nd, I've never made it to needing a 3rd, but meh, I suppose it's possible.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087090109#7

Q:I damaged the spawn and it died..but theres no loot

You can also alternatively grab any random mob near by and kill it to use AoE looting to your advantage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]