There are many like it, but this one is mine

90 Blood Elf Mage
Inspired by Ryoka saying once that she was "survival forever!", I'm wondering how many people have the same attitude, whether it's for a specific spec or a specific character. For example, Kiraleen started out as Fire. I adore Fire. Though I use Frost for PvP, and went Arcane when it was the PvE powerhouse, to me Fire will always be the spec for Kira. When I rolled my DK, I came up with his backstory while doing the starter area: he was a farmer. What do farmers deal with? Growing and butchering. So I decided he would be drawn to Blood over Unholy, with Frost a secondary possiblity.

I have characters on other servers that I chose specs I'd never played before, or had tried and didn't like to give it a second chance. Sometimes I wind up swapping specs; most often I don't.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
My DK had a rp story tied to being Blood also, since Wrath.

Even though the game (and spec) has changed quite a bit since then, I've stuck w/ it. It sucks not being able to kill anything in under 10 minutes, but hey, it has history and I'd feel like I betrayed him if I switched after all this time.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Tinox has been Arcane since level 10 and while I've respecced multiple times within the tree, I've never had another primary spec on him. I felt at the time that it was the most thematically appropriate spec for him and I enjoy it and the changes it's seen over the years.

I tend to do that with most of my characters. Leveling a Holy priest was, uh, fun.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Xelas has always been either Beast or SV. Just can't do Marks. The Oolakis have generally been resto since BC. Back in the day (Vanilla) I was allll about the Enhancement though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm so tied to unholy I had to develop split personalities to play blood and frost
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Blood ICly, although I'm beginning to REALLY like Frost
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I honestly had no idea there were so many people who had Blood-related RP stories. :o

Hopefully you aren't all vampires or something.

Not ... that there's anything wrong w/ vampires.. I guess. <.<
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Krahmm will forever be Beast Mastery, for practical reasons as well as RPish reasons. Helys likes more normal cats and uses guns, so she stays MM.

And Stuyvesant, that's me, will always be a sub rogue at heart. Plus, I can't figure out a good Combat rogue opener with fist weapons that's as good as Sub rogue with daggers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Darethy will never be anything other then Demo really, for story reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Yep, and also because it's the best spec ever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/21/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Adajal

Yep, and also because it's the best spec ever.

...You are dead to me.

I am Affliction for PvP and Affliction for PvE because of RP reasons, plus is the spec I enjoy the most even when it's nerfed into oblivion in some patches.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Frost4life.

You just enjoy not being killable, don't you?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Combat forever! "A swashbuckler who uses agility and guile to stand toe to toe with enemies." This description fits my idea of Loksley perfectly, and always has.

Was stoked when they came out with Orc Mage, and fire was the obvious choice for an orc.

I thought I'd always be a survival hunter until Wrath of the Lich King came out. Completely ruined the spec for me, and haven't really played much hunter since.

Shaman happiest when throwing lightning around. Which is both dps specs, so regardless of what's going on around him he's having a blast. Between combat rogue, enhance shaman and levelling as of now windwalker monk... they're similar and I have a hard time just choosing one.
Reply Quote
You just enjoy not being killable, don't you?

That's not Demo, that's Dark Apotheosis. Which is somewhat like comparing kitty druids to bear druids; it's possible for one to utilize the other, but they're probably not going to do a great job of it without being consistent.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
I don't mind adapting to the times, but even back in Vanilla I was often times found as a feral Druid when Resto was the PvP spec.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Most of my toons have kept their original specs...Feral Kitty, BM Hunter x 2, 'Hance Shammy, Shadow Priest, Arms Warrior, Ret Pally, Sub Rogue, and Unholy DK x 2.

My lock was originally afflictions and named him Afflictedbob...she is now Demonology and thus has evolved to that spec...even her name has evolved. My first toon and my original main was my Fire Mage. Leveled him fire from 1-80. He/she then evolved and dabbled into other specs and fell in love with frost...he/she may go back to the ways of the flame.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a fun thread!

I often tie my spec into my RP concept, so I stick with them through nerf or buff, for the most part, on each of my characters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tiraslin must be holy. Sure, she can flirt around with other specs, but holy is demanded by her character story.

Jenseny, the priest, must be discipline or shadow. She absolutely cannot be holy, again due to story reasons. Her character story is walking the fine line of sanity through pure self-control, and descent into madness.

And Bruna, if you ask, is a fire mage. She is obsessed with fire. In fact, her mastery of the element of ice is solely to control the damage she inevitably inflicts with fire. She had this unfortunate flirtation with felfire, but that resulted in a burned-down warlock hangout, but she swears it was an unfortunate accident.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You are undead* to me.

fix't

On topic: priest class is best class. Spec is irrelevant.

EDIT: gnome* priest class is best class.
Edited by Cayreth on 3/22/2013 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Balance druid always and forever. Though I make it a point to play all the specs - character-wise, I feel that it is dangerous and limiting for a druid to tie themselves to a single identity - just a druid single-mindedly focused on restoration, or sinking into an animal form.

Balance is what ties it all together, and keeps us as an order - a force for good.
\o/

It is all a balance!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]