Zandalari Paladins

100 Human Priest
So the new raid has mobs called Zandalari Prelates, and they all use paladin type abilities, just instead of the Light it is Loa.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927#abilities

These mobs use Judgment of the Loa, Light of the Loa, Seal of the Loa. Which are copies of the abilities judgement, holy light and seal of truth. So it seems that Trolls have all classes available to them, even if not playable.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
There have been Zandalari paladins for awhile in lore, they just haven't been in game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
There is some basis to Troll Paladins. Freethinkers, they are called.

We only get few small tidbits about them when you collect the Paladin tier set for ZG. They were pretty much arisen as a counter to Hakkar's power from earlier. Unfortunately, it's unknown if they still even exist in some capacity, or they were all wiped out by a lucky shot from Hakkar's followers, or some other external force.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Gimme my Troll Pallys, Blizz.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
There is some basis to Troll Paladins. Freethinkers, they are called.

We only get few small tidbits about them when you collect the Paladin tier set for ZG. They were pretty much arisen as a counter to Hakkar's power from earlier. Unfortunately, it's unknown if they still even exist in some capacity, or they were all wiped out by a lucky shot from Hakkar's followers, or some other external force.
Even with these Prelate mobs, it's safe to say the Freethinker is a long-dead breed.

Whatever Freethinkers were doing, it was outside the scope of the normal troll belief system, enough that even as the Zandalari told you tales and sent you into ZG in exchange for Freethinker armor, they called you and the Freethinkers "heretics", though they accepted you all the same.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
I'd be a horrid shame if trolls got paladins before Night Elves... a horrid pathetic shame.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Gimme my Troll Pallys, Blizz.

I concur, if another Horde race has to get Paladins it should be Trolls.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I concur, if another Horde race has to get Paladins it should be Trolls.

In that same vein, I always thought Worgen and Gnomes should have Paladins as well.

Well, maybe not Worgen, but Gnomes for sure.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 3/21/2013 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
In that same vein, I always thought Worgen and Gnomes should have Paladins as well.

Well, maybe not Worgen, but Gnomes for sure.

I'd like to see Gnome Paladins and Worgen Shaman, personally.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I'd like to see Gnome Paladins and Worgen Shaman, personally.

I would think Shaman too, if they worshiped a wolf spirit before actually being Worgen.

Or maybe they could work it in with the whole Harvest Witch thing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Night elf paladins. Gimmegimmegimme.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Night elf paladins. Gimmegimmegimme.

Night Elf, Orc, Troll, Gnome and Worgen Paladins.

Human, Night Elf and Blood Elf Shamans.

Gnome Hunters.

Orc Priests.

Draenei Druids and Rogues.

Make them all happen.

EDIT: All races need 8-9 classes. Get on it Blizzard.
Edited by Kroxxigar on 3/21/2013 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
And so the thread degenerates into an endless stream of fan fiction on what races should be Paladins and such. Never mind what would actually fit and make sense by lore, just rule of cool.

Ah. Why is it that Paladins are the most hotly contested class for who should get them?

At any rate on the thread topic Freethinker's, as others have said, have been around as a thing in lore for awhile now.

Personally I would have far rather seen them arise in Cata then Sunwalkers. It's also interesting that they were considered heretics and outside the norms of Troll society.

If they share any themes with the traditional Paladin archetype maybe they were even steering the Trolls away from the racist/superiority/the world belongs to us TROLL LAND DIS BE MON nonsense that keeps getting them slaughtered en mass.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/21/2013 1:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
If they share any themes with the traditional Paladin archetype maybe they were even steering the Trolls away from the racist/superiority/the world belongs to us TROLL LAND DIS BE MON nonsense that keeps getting them slaughtered en mass.

Depends.

Well, one, I disagree that Trolls are like that, they've only been like that since 4.1. Every other time, they were defending their own land. But that's for another thread.

I think Troll Paladins could focus on the more bloody aspects of Paladin culture. While the Draenei and Tauren and Humans focus on the Light and the good things, Trolls and Dwarves and Blood Elves do more of the Vengeance and Judgment aspects.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 01:59 AMPosted by Pyronaptor
Well, one, I disagree that Trolls are like that, they've only been like that since 4.1.
Trolls are the most xenophobic race in all of Azeroth. Vol'jin and his Darkspear don't represent Trolls as any majority. Their being so un-troll is why they are snubbed by other Trolls...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
Ah. Why is it that Paladins are the most hotly contested class for who should get them?

Because they have lots of sparkles and glitter, wear pretty dresses, and do pirouettes.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Trolls are the most xenophobic race in all of Azeroth. Vol'jin and his Darkspear don't represent Trolls as any majority. Their being so un-troll is why they are snubbed by other Trolls...

Zul'Gurub, Zul'Aman, and Zul'Drak are all in self defense.

Although you could discount Zul'Gurub since the Zandalari are helping us there too.

But Zul'jin was entirely justified and right. "We Amani was here before anyone!" The Elves took his home, tortured him, took his eye, and he cut off his arm to escape. Hell, Silvermoon was build on sacred Forest Troll ruins. To find them alongside his old allies? Heartbreaking, and enraging. Zul'Aman is the only raid where I wished I could turn and kill my raid mates rather than the bosses.

Zul'Drak was also in self defense. The Drakkari had good relations with their neighbors until the Scourge forced them to consume their gods and go Ax Crazy.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 3/21/2013 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Lena
gameplay wise they are fun. Race wise they are limited to not so interesting races on the Alliance.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter

Zul'Gurub, Zul'Aman, and Zul'Drak are all in self defense.
ya, never mind the whole summoning Hakkar, abusing and even destroying your loa in a last ditch attempt to destroy everyone around you. Some trolls never learn.

But Zul'jin was entirely justified and right. "We Amani was here before anyone!" The Elves took his home, tortured him, took his eye, and he cut off his arm to escape. To find them alongside his old allies? Heartbreaking, and enraging. Zul'Aman is the only raid where I wished I could turn and kill my raid mates rather than the bosses.
He was gearing up for war with Quel'thalas. He could've sucked it up (as the Revantusk did), as the Blood Elves had joining their old enemies in the Orcs. Fortunately Zul'jin's counterpart in Alleria was MIA at the time or it never would've happened either way. Never the less, xenophobic doesn't mean aggressive. Trolls hate non-trolls, in general. At the very least they are suspicious of them. Vol'jin set aside the status quo and chose survival; Orcs don't give a damn which end of the axe the troll is on tbh. It was entirely in Vol'jin's best interest to befriend the outlanders. Thrall made a good impression. Garrosh is pretty obvious lol

Zul'Drak was also in self defense. The Drakkari had good relations with their neighbors until the Scourge forced them to consume their gods and go Ax Crazy.
So they lived fine along side the humans there and never kidnapped them to sacrifice them and cannibalise their remains as they've been known to do in canon?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

I'm gonna have to agree with this statement for the most part.

The only possible exception used to be, besides the Darkspear I guess, the Zandalari. They still had a superiority complex but it was more like "Hey, we've been around forever kid." then "We are better then you lowly grub."

I genuinely enjoyed questing for them in Zul'Drak, they seemed to see other tribes as self destructive and crazy and here they were trying to preserve Troll History for the sake of it.

Before that they were attempting to stop a God monster Loa thing.

Then Cata comes around and they're hit with the generic "slaughter the trolls" bat.

Quite sad.

I think Troll Paladins could focus on the more bloody aspects of Paladin culture. While the Draenei and Tauren and Humans focus on the Light and the good things, Trolls and Dwarves and Blood Elves do more of the Vengeance and Judgment aspects.

That's an assessment largely up to opinion.

Unlike most Paladin Orders for instance Hand of Argus Vindicators are almost entirely militaristic in nature rarely showing the gentler side of the Light. I think this is fairly well shown in the limited contact you have with them in game and in the lore.

Whereas Silver Hand Paladins for instance, mostly in the novels, are shown to be just as much the gentle Healer as the fierce combatant.

I like to think this difference stems from the environments Draenei and Human Paladins developed in, I also tend to think the Draenei Priest and Paladin organizations developed alongside each other rather then one springing from the other.

My but I used that as a tangent didn't I. Main point being even the more vengeful and warlike side of Paladins is rooted in the classical "good guy" theme that I think may have had a hand in leading Trolls away from their traditional practices.

Why else refer to them as heretics if they were simply doing the same old thing with a different type of mojo?

Because they have lots of sparkles and glitter, wear pretty dresses, and do pirouettes.

We are by far the best looking class, despite your mocking jest.

/nod

Race wise they are limited to not so interesting races on the Alliance.

Well I strongly disagree with that one.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/21/2013 2:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]