How different would it be if alliance got.

Pandas in BC, instead of Draenei?
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I could pretty much guarantee that the Pandaren would then be the ones suffering for a lack of lore.

They fit in less with the Alliance than the Draenei do.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The Alliance wouldn't have gotten hardly any lore in BC then. It would have been focused mostly on Blood elves and the Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
The Alliance wouldn't have gotten hardly any lore in BC then. It would have been focused mostly on Blood elves and the Horde.

Already kinda the case.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
03/21/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Mordstreich

Already kinda the case.

Oh don't be silly. Shattrah was full of Draenei. There were several Draenei out posts in Outland. There was an entire neutral faction of Draenei to join. The final rep faction introduced was a split between Draenei and Blood Elves. It was Velen who ultimately saved the day.

I'm sorry, but I think I understand where you disgruntled logic comes from and it's just.....stop.
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Hunter
And blizz mentioned several times they dropped the ball when it came/comes to Draenei lore and want to fix that. I fail to see what your impying Draile
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Draile

Already kinda the case.

Oh don't be silly. Shattrah was full of Draenei. There were several Draenei out posts in Outland. There was an entire neutral faction of Draenei to join. The final rep faction introduced was a split between Draenei and Blood Elves. It was Velen who ultimately saved the day.

I'm sorry, but I think I understand where you disgruntled logic comes from and it's just.....stop.

It's hardly unwarranted disgruntlement. Only the draenei in Hellfire Peninsula were Alliance. Past that the rest were totally neutral (Aldor and the Sha'tari). The Aldor accepted even orcs, the race that nearly exterminated them in an unprovoked war. Past HFP, there was little to no Alliance lore in Outland. The Expedition Force that went to Outland was more or less abandoned. Either the people were not there or neutral.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
And blizz mentioned several times they dropped the ball when it came/comes to Draenei lore and want to fix that. I fail to see what your impying Draile

I think he means, Draenei did get a lot presence in BC. From ruins to quest hubs. Thier stuff was everywhere. It fine to argue they got little afterwards. But doesn't changed the fact that got lot attention in outland
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
03/21/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Chorrol

I think he means, Draenei did get a lot presence in BC. From ruins to quest hubs. Thier stuff was everywhere. It fine to argue they got little afterwards. But doesn't changed the fact that got lot attention in outland

And yet - most of the ruins that belonged to them were inhabited by Draenei dead and involved other factions wanting you to explore them.

Not Draenei.

The Draenei were, quite honestly, window dressing in BC.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Well a few things

- The Pandaren wouldn't relate to the expansion they were released in
- We probably wouldn't have gotten Pandaria as it is now as an expansion
- Possibly no monk class
- Pandaren models would look bad(compared to the current ones)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 08:01 AMPosted by Iraelius

And yet - most of the ruins that belonged to them were inhabited by Draenei dead and involved other factions wanting you to explore them.

Not Draenei.

The Draenei were, quite honestly, window dressing in BC.

Not to mention that past Hellfire all of the draenei were either neutral or hostile to everyone. They were most definitely NOT Alliance. The Blood elves got a lot of lore that related directly to them. They did have some made neutral or hostile to everyone (Scryers and Kael'thas's Sunfury elves in Terokkar Forest and Netherstorm, but they got a lot of lore that benefited them personally. Aside from a cameo appearance past Hellifire, there was little if any actual Alliance lore.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

But it was focused on Blood elves and the Horde. BC was a Horde expansion.

And guess what? Next expac is a Horde expansion too, the same expac Draenei are supposedly going to be getting boatloads of lore.
Edited by Mordstreich on 3/21/2013 8:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
And guess what? Next expac is a Horde expansion too, the same expac Draenei are supposedly going to be getting boatloads of lore.
Is this just you being overly pessimistic, or do you genuinely believe that the next-to-nothing information we have about the expansion actually points to it being somehow Horde-centric?
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk

Blizzard isn't talking about TBC there. They're talking about everything AFTER TBC.

It's hardly unwarranted disgruntlement. Only the draenei in Hellfire Peninsula were Alliance. Past that the rest were totally neutral (Aldor and the Sha'tari). The Aldor accepted even orcs, the race that nearly exterminated them in an unprovoked war. Past HFP, there was little to no Alliance lore in Outland. The Expedition Force that went to Outland was more or less abandoned. Either the people were not there or neutral.

Doesn't matter. Draenei are Draenei whether they're Alliance or not.

And the Alliance expedition wasn't "abandoned". They spent the entire expansion keeping the Burning Legion from invading Azeroth to ensure the sun would rise again. The whole idea behind the story was that we, as players, were the few who got through the front line and onto the other side.

But it was focused on Blood elves and the Horde. BC was a Horde expansion.

And yet, that is the expansion where Draenei were essentially created. You know, the race that you love. That's where they got all their lore that made you a fan. So just...stop. Please.

Besides, you downplay the actual lore Draenei got. Just like how Trolls do, Blizzard views Eredar story development to be Draenei story development, since they are so connected. And there was a TON of Eredar stuff in TBC, since it was them who were commanding the Burning Legion. Just because you spent more time cutting through Eredar minions rather than Eredar themselves doesn't mean they weren't the real bad guys there.

And Broken count as Draenei too. There was a ton of stuff for them throughout Outland--far more than hostile Blood Elves. And they were a big part of the Black Temple raid, too.
Edited by Draile on 3/21/2013 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
And yet, that is the expansion where Draenei were essentially created. You know, the race that you love. That's where they got all their lore that made you a fan. So just...stop. Please.

And was subsequently dropped for favoring Horde events and causes after everything had been established. Zul'aman had nothing to do with the Alliance - literally, and entire raid tier was made specifically for Horde and Alliance were included in it because "loot's loot."

Then of course there's the Shattered Sun in which Draenei did take part in, but it culminated in only the progression of the Blood elf's storyline arc.

I'm not denying Draenei got lore in BC. I never did. But BC was focused, especially towards the end, on Blood elves.

Also, I've become less of a fan of Draenei as of late. They're just stagnating, and Blizzard hasn't done anything for them in recent memory (No, finally including an NPC and nameless daily NPCS does not cut it) so I feel no reason to really be that interested in them anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I'm not denying Draenei got lore in BC. I never did. But BC was focused, especially towards the end, on Blood elves.

So? That has like NO BEARING on whether or not you enjoyed the Draenei.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So? That has like NO BEARING on whether or not you enjoyed the Draenei.

But it does have bearing on whether or not BC was or was not focused on Horde. Which it was.
Edited by Mordstreich on 3/21/2013 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They would have been far more Alliance than the Draenei ever would have been.

Its the brilliant fact that they had no reason to go to Outland. Well, the Alliance as a whole didn't, but that's a discussion for another time.

Because they had no reason to be in Outland, they wouldn't have been a precedent for any neutral factions. No Pandaldor, no Sha'Pandar, nothing. They would have no reason to buddy up with the Horde the same way the Draenei did, and they would stick with their Alliance buds while they explore this strange new world.

Plus, the Draenei could have retained their originally designed role as a neutral NPC race.
Edited by Siast on 3/21/2013 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
But it does have bearing on whether or not BC was or was not focused on Horde. Which it was.

Again, MEANS NOTHING.

03/21/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Siast
Its the brilliant fact that they had no reason to go to Outland. Well, the Alliance as a whole didn't, but that's a discussion for another time.

Yeah they did. They wanted to find out what happened to the army they sent there.

Plus, the Draenei could have retained their originally designed role as a neutral NPC race.

That was never their "designed role". Please don't make things up.
Edited by Draile on 3/21/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Again, MEANS NOTHING.

It does mean it was focused on Horde, their goals, and their lore. Which is exactly what I said when I quoted Kynrind and said "Already kinda the case" in response to her comment that BC was focused on Horde. Because it was.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]