How different would it be if alliance got.

100 Troll Hunter
The Alliance has gotten the middle finger numerous times now.

That's not the Horde playerbase's fault.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Ehhh, buddy you're going to have a hard time convincing them of that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/21/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Grimtale
It boggles my mind to think Pandaren were considered for the Alliance in the first place, considering their Shamanistic culture and the events with Chen Stormstout.

The RPG books back then had some Lore tidbits that related the Pandaren more with the Alliance than Horde.

Also, Chen Stormstout was about as much Horde as Jaina was during the events of Daelin's death. He didn't exactly seem very chummy with the Horde in that one PoP chapter, either.

In relevance to this I also just found out that Chen once fought alongside Magni during part of the Third War and became a friend of Ironforge. (As revealed in the PoP comics.)

God I love this guy, he'd make a great Alliance character! :P
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
03/21/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Kynrind
Aside from some stiff in HFP, there's nothing of the Alliance Expedition. Allerian Stronghold is there but no Alleria, it's staffed by a bunch of high elves (who should really have green eyes by now) and humans and nothing else. No lore. Just a bunch of nothing.
You forgot Wildhammer Stronghold.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
Ya know if Pandaren were in BC instead of Draenei, we likely never would have had MoP, and if they went through with wotlk afterwards then we would have Pandaren Death Knights.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
God I love this guy, he'd make a great Alliance character! :P

Considering he's working with Vol'jin now, I'll not be irked.

Because I know you're just tryin'a irk me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Considering he's working with Vol'jin now, I'll not be irked.

Because I know you're just tryin'a irk me.

I kinda hope the Vol'jin novel isn't just about Vol'jin and might at least have one or two Alliance characters involved.

Since, well, Tides of War and Wolfheart both still gave some development to Horde characters even though they were Alliance-centric novels.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Wishing it happen upon the Horde doesn't help the Alliance at all.

I've given up on "helping the Alliance", since Blizzard doesn't listen to this forum, or suggestions regarding the lore.

You'll have to excuse me, when I said "it would be awful", I meant that it's hard to find sympathy for something like that when Blizzard will sometimes do what seems like going out of their way to piss on the Alliance playerbase.

I'm not personally saying that, I'm saying that I have no sympathy for them in that regard when Horde lore is often treated with greater care and integrity than the Alliance's.
Edited by Mordstreich on 3/21/2013 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Ya know if Pandaren were in BC instead of Draenei, we likely never would have had MoP, and if they went through with wotlk afterwards then we would have Pandaren Death Knights.

True.

I'd even go as far as to speculate that the Azuremyst Isles was originally supposed to be Pandaria (before MoP what few hints we had on Pandaria's location pointed to it being west of Kalimdor). When they switched over to the Draenei they then just re-purposed what they already made into an otherwise insignificant island chain that the Draenei happened to crash on.

Now mind you we might still of had a "lost continent" expansion, but it would of been very different then what we ended up getting in MoP.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
The Alliance wouldn't have gotten hardly any lore in BC then. It would have been focused mostly on Blood elves and the Horde.
Alliance got no lore in BC anyways. Draenei served entirely as a mechanism for Blood Elf lore, after which they got nothing else, not even a nod for purifying the Sunwell; ingrateful Horde...

Yeah they did. They wanted to find out what happened to the army they sent there.
and they found out within the first couple of quests in Hellfire. Meanwhile Orcs and Blood Elves got their stories told throughout the entire expansion. And no, Illidan doesn't count as Allliance lore.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
No it's the Horde-favouring cdev team fault. The Horde playerbase however, hasn't helped the Alliance get any fair shake between the mockeries and insults in blizzcon, and the far louder voice here on these forums. The Horde playerbase doesn't give a crap about Alliance lore, they prefer it to be second-fiddle and bolster the Horde's image as a superior force in every aspect. I've never heard otherwise in the years I've spent on these community forums...
Edited by Suraia on 3/21/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Not to mention that past Hellfire all of the draenei were either neutral or hostile to everyone. They were most definitely NOT Alliance. The Blood elves got a lot of lore that related directly to them. They did have some made neutral or hostile to everyone (Scryers and Kael'thas's Sunfury elves in Terokkar Forest and Netherstorm, but they got a lot of lore that benefited them personally. Aside from a cameo appearance past Hellifire, there was little if any actual Alliance lore.

You seem to be forgetting the Alliance Draenei towns in Zangermarsh and Nagrand. Also how many "Horde Blood Elf" towns were there? 0. Just a tiny BE outpost in Hellfire. By your measure the Sunwell was neutral as well.

So really, the Blood Elves were the most unloved race of all time! /rolleyes
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I've never heard otherwise in the years I've spent on these community forums...

The minority Horde players on the Story Forum (what's left of it) believe that this isn't the case.

I can't say I agree with them though.

When Blizzard encourages Horde players to rabble rouse in particular, and summon Corpsegrinder over the Blizzcon and show his video of him ranting about Alliance and WoW and Samwise saying he's coming to "eat us Alliance alive" I can't take any claim that Blizzard does not let bias effect their story development decisions.
Edited by Mordstreich on 3/21/2013 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So really, the Blood Elves were the most unloved race of all time! /rolleyes

Then of course there was the raid that focused on the importance of taking out the Amani threat because of the danger it posed to the Blood elves who were already stretched thin. Of course, that development was exclusive to Horde.

Alliance was there because they dropped robes that gave our females some wicked cleavage shots.

Then there was the Sunwell that reverted control to the Sin'dorei capital of Silvermoon, its entire development for the sake of the Blood elves with a smattering of Draenei on the side.

Then of course, they got something out of Cata, the Reliquary, which remains to be relevant today. Draenei of course got a few token shamans, most of which are allied with the Earthen Ring. And of course, the Draenei as a culture only recently got shamans. No word on their vast magical proficiency.

Then of course there's the recent developments with the Sunreavers.

Well. At least Metzen tweeted that he likes goats better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm honestly starting to think they should have just made the Aldor and Scryers faction exclusive. (Aldor = Alliance, Scryers = Horde.)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Then of course there was the raid that focused on the importance of taking out the Amani threat because of the danger it posed to the Blood elves who were already stretched thin. Of course, that development was exclusive to Horde.

Alliance was there because they dropped robes that gave our females some wicked cleavage shots.

Then there was the Sunwell that reverted control to the Sin'dorei capital of Silvermoon, its entire development for the sake of the Blood elves with a smattering of Draenei on the side.

Then of course, they got something out of Cata, the Reliquary, which remains to be relevant today. Draenei of course got a few token shamans, most of which are allied with the Earthen Ring. And of course, the Draenei as a culture only recently got shamans. No word on their vast magical proficiency.

Then of course there's the recent developments with the Sunreavers.

Well. At least Metzen tweeted that he likes goats better.

Well, the next expansion is probably going to be "The Draenei (and Anduin)" expansion.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Mordstreich
I've never heard otherwise in the years I've spent on these community forums...

The minority Horde players on the Story Forum (what's left of it) believe that this isn't the case.

I can't say I agree with them though.
I suggest they venture over to other community sites like MMO-champ then, it is entirely the case and they can see it for themselves.

When Blizzard encourages Horde players to rabble rouse in particular, and summon Corpsegrinder over the Blizzcon and show his video of him ranting about Alliance and WoW and Samwise saying he's coming to "eat us Alliance alive" I can't take any claim that Blizzard does not let bias effect their story development decisions.
Things like this are clearly obvious how they feel about the Alliance. Yes it is entirely possible to hate something you created, especially when you create it to be the opposite of what you love and are passionate about in a story. The problem is Blizzard's hatred of the Alliance isn't exhibited maliciously, but rather they dislike it so they don't give it any effort or attention.
Edited by Suraia on 3/21/2013 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Well, the next expansion is probably going to be "The Draenei (and Anduin)" expansion.

"Probably", lol

Assuming it is, educated bets put money on "Anduin and Turalyon and the races of Azeroth (and Draenei)"
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
but rather they dislike it so they don't give it any effort or attention.

Samwise likes dwarves though! And Metzen has a human paladin! THAT TOTALLY MAKES THINGS DIFFERENT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Assuming it is, educated bets put money on "Anduin and Turalyon and the races of Azeroth (and Draenei)"

I'm hoping they just oversaturate the crap out of Draenei so fans can quit being cynical. :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]