How different would it be if alliance got.

100 Draenei Monk

I am saying that whole thing could have been avoided if the Draenei told the orcs a bit about their background since they were neighbors to each other.

No, it wouldn't have because the demons showed up as orc ancestors, not as demons.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
Then, one day, Kil'jaeden's favored servant, Talgath, stumbled upon a world that showed signs of the draenei's magic. Though they initially assumed it was just another one of the planets the draenei briefly stopped upon
Again, where does it say the Legion destroyed these worlds?

I am saying that whole thing could have been avoided if the Draenei told the orcs a bit about their background since they were neighbors to each other.
The Orcs got belligerent and pissy when Velen informed them that a dead Naaru was buried in Oshugun and his life force was giving the waters there mystical properties. If anything having the Draenei say "btw we have a race of demons chasing after us" would've sped up the inevitable as KJ was using ancestral visions to tell the Orcs that the Draenei would be their demise...
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Suraia
Then, one day, Kil'jaeden's favored servant, Talgath, stumbled upon a world that showed signs of the draenei's magic. Though they initially assumed it was just another one of the planets the draenei briefly stopped upon
Again, where does it say the Legion destroyed these worlds?

The legions whole goal is to destroy everything?

The Legion's mission is, in theory, to undo the works of the titans and restore the universe back to its original, chaotic and disorganized state.[4] In practice, the Legion scours all life from the worlds it invades, they are cursed to roam the greater realms forever to consume the primal energies of magic to survive.[5]

The Legion has ravished world after world in its mad lust for arcane power[5] and is responsible for the annihilation of countless species.[6]

If the draenei happen to land on a world, "Which probably had something they needed food/water etc. It is basic common sense to understand a world like that obviously has life.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
would've sped up the inevitable as KJ was using ancestral visions to tell the Orcs that the Draenei would be their demise...

It probably would have resulted in the destruction of the Orcs because before Legion intervention they barely had more than pointy rocks tied to sticks.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
If the draenei happen to land on a world, "Which probably had something they needed food/water etc. It is basic common sense to understand a world like that obviously has life.

Sure. I don't think it says anywhere that the planets had sentient life though.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

No, it wouldn't have because the demons showed up as orc ancestors, not as demons.

I think it's possible things would have been different if the Draenei had said, "Just to warn you, Kil'Jaden THE DECEIVER has been chasing us for thousands of years and will be coming to kill us with his magic, army, and lies."

And by different I mean all the orcs would have died when the Draenei fled the planet without them.
Edited by Threeslotbag on 3/21/2013 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
The legions whole goal is to destroy everything?
You can't make any assumption in lore and call it fact. Simply put, they didn't state that the Legion destroyed all these worlds the Draenei passed by. Draenei were looking for a suitable home, and until Draenor, none fit the bill. Besides the Legion *ambushed* the Draenei. They didn't just show up on Draenor in full force like they did during the War of the Ancients...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
And by different I mean all the orcs would have died when the Draenei fled the planet without them.

Seems like a happy ending to me.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk

I think it's possible things would have been different if the Draenei had said, "Just to warn you, Kil'Jaden THE DECEIVER has been chasing us for thousands of years and will be coming to kill us with his magic, army, and lies."

The draenei couldn't flee the planet. You think they willingly stayed there when the orcs went on a genocidal rampage?
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Mordstreich

Seems like a happy ending to me.
Since we're going on assumptions that would mean, no orcs to invade azeroth, no first or second wars. No return of the Legion because they wouldn't have a bone to pick with humanity and after 10000 years they'd almost forgotten about the black eye the Night Elves gave them. but then no game to play as our fictional races would all be living in relative peace :p
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
The draenei couldn't flee the planet. You think they willingly stayed there when the orcs went on a genocidal rampage?
people seem to forget Exodar only left Draenor at the start of the BC timeline. They forget that the majority of the Naaru fleet was overran by Blood Elves. By the time they "fled" on the Exodar, Draenor was shattered and Illidan was in power.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
03/21/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Suraia
people seem to forget Exodar only left Draenor at the start of the BC timeline. They forget that the majority of the Naaru fleet was overran by Blood Elves. By the time they "fled" on the Exodar, Draenor was shattered and Illidan was in power.

Well, that and the naaru fleet wasn't there until Khadgar called them, because the draenei needed a human to show them how to communicate with the naaru.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Lena

Well, that and the naaru fleet wasn't there until Khadgar called them, because the draenei needed a human to show them how to communicate with the naaru.
Exactly, so I don't get why do people keep trying to throw stones at the Draenei, beyond, as I see it, more sympathizing and excuse making for the Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'm hoping they just oversaturate the crap out of Draenei so fans can quit being cynical. :/

After awhile it stops being "cynical" and starts being "reality"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Pandaria would have been nothing but a starting zone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]