[H]<Proven> is hosting a transmog contest!

90 Orc Death Knight
<Proven> is a relatively new guild here on WrA, but we've been smitten by the community here. <Proven> is also coming up on their 4th year together (April 11th) and we'd like to include the community in a little celebration. Some of our members are absolutely in love with transmog and were quite inspired the last time the WoW Factor Transmog Event (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5889879657) came around. Therefore, we've decided to throw our own Transmog contest and we welcome all of you to come participate.

When: April 27th, 5-8pm server
Where: Silvermoon City Bazarr

General Rules: (Shamelessly based off WoW Factor's Rules. Don't fix it if it ain't broke, right?)

All are welcome to participate in the event, there are no entry fees or signups required.

1) The majority of your outfit must be transmogrified.
2) You may alter your look during the show, but you will do so at your own risk.

Competition Overview:

Round 1: Players present during round one of the event have a chance to win some gold. Prizes will be determined qualitatively by the judges. (We're still putting together our pool of donations).
Round 2: The top three outfits of the night will be awarded grand prizes. Again, as we near the date of the event, prizes will be more concrete.

Prizes:

First place gets 15,000g + Royal Satchel + /random 1-9 for a pet.
Second place gets 10,000g + /random 1-8 for a pet.
Third place gets 7,500g + /random 1-7 for a pet.
Honorable mentions gets 1,000g + a random pet until one or the other runs out.

Pets in no particular order:

1x Harbinger of Flame
1x Sunreaver Micro-Sentry
1x Emerald Whelpling
1x Ashstone Core
1x Zandalari Toenibbler
1x Terrible Turnip
1x Corefire Imp
1x Dark Whelpling
1x Cat Carrier (Black Tabby)

Judges:
Judges will be 3-5 members of Proven.
We're discouraging our members from winning prizes as to not show any bias.

Info:
For more information, keep checking back to this thread as I'm sure it'll be updated because I tend to forget things when I'm excited.

Streaming for those interested:

http://www.twitch.tv/alphasol/
Edited by Thrakkra on 4/27/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
4 years under this banner is something to celebrate for sure! Time sure flies. I remember the night we created it.

Looks like I need to get to pet farming.

This should be fun and hopefully we will get a nice turn out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm new to this server and I'm already in love with it.

This event sounds fantastic, I'll be participating for sure!

Congrats on 4 years! That kind of guild stability is hard to find

-Tal
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Looking forward to this! If I gquit can I compete? Maybe someone will donate a wig because apparently I lost my hair somewhere...

ONLY A MONTH!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6gx37B0S91ryj6qoo1_250.gif
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Congrats on 4 years! That kind of guild stability is hard to find

-Tal

Thanks! It's a great feeling when we've seen so many other guilds fall by the wayside. =D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Up for visibility.

I need to get on a new xmog set. Have to host it in style.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
We're working out some really awesome prizes. Come show us your stuff. I promise not to imagine RuPaul's drag race too much while this is going on.

Yay Proven.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Changed date to the 27th. Apparently we have a few transmog diehards that CANNOT miss it.

http://i.imgur.com/wvPvM.gif

So April 27th. You have one more week to get your sets together. Can't wait to see everyone there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Changed date to the 27th. Apparently we have a few transmog diehards that CANNOT miss it.

So April 27th. You have one more week to get your sets together. Can't wait to see everyone there.

One more week only? It's March. :o
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

One more week only? It's March. :o

April 27th. I noted it in OP. Sorry!
Edited by Thrakkra on 4/20/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Can I show up to compete? Even if I have to Death Strike the guards to last more than 5 seconds in there?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Fashion just has so many DIE hards...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
It's nice to see some more transmog contests out there, hopefully it'll end up better than the WoW Factors. I was pretty disappointed with how they went about doing it.

Also why April 27th? That's over a month away o-o.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Well, we wanted to give enough time for any interested to get ready. It'll also allow us to make sure we're prepared as we're still putting all our prizes together. It was going to be the 20th, but we had some transmog diehards who wouldn't be able to make it that day. So we pushed it back a week.

We're hoping word will spread to enough people by then to get a large turnout.

Edit: Also, in what way were you not happy about how they ran it? Maybe we can learn from their mistakes.
Edited by Thrakkra on 3/23/2013 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
They were picking specific types of mogs. Some people from other servers that were apart of it noticed it too, they would mainly pick clothies that had some kind of red colored mog. And not a huge gripe but they did take their sweet time making decisions. I can't recall but I want to say the whole event when it actually got started was almost or over three hours long. Not something people want to stand around for for that long.
Edited by Hyenastep on 3/23/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
38 Blood Elf Paladin
Ooooh, I'll be looking forward to this!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Don't you judge me. It's not my fault that I'm borderline obsessed with transmogs. I don't follow people around the Shrine to see what they're wearing. Stop staring at me like that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
To the top so people can see it.

Any criticisms posted here are being passed along to our guild forums for discussion. We want you to like the event!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
03/24/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Achrann

Don't you judge me. It's not my fault that I'm borderline obsessed with transmogs. I don't follow people around the Shrine to see what they're wearing. Stop staring at me like that.

loliloveyou

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4q8wsob381r70n32.gif

Looking forward to this and yes, when I competed in one of their contest I noticed a love of red also... lol Anyway, our contest will be very objective - a good variety of tastes in the judges and no bias; will be fun!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/24/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Lahkh

loliloveyou

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4q8wsob381r70n32.gif

Looking forward to this and yes, when I competed in one of their contest I noticed a love of red also... lol Anyway, our contest will be very objective - a good variety of tastes in the judges and no bias; will be fun!

Alright, so I have a chance with this in my Alliance Blues!

Hopefully my sword drops by then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]