Vol'jin based book? What happened?

90 Orc Warlock
I was under the impression that upon 5.1 or 5.2 we would have a new novel from Christie Golden that was supposed to be a story on Vol'jin and what happened to him after the dagger in the dark scenario.

Any new information on this? Was the project scrapped or pushed back? I'd just like to know. I thought tides of war was on point and would like to know what was in store for what most say would be the most popular current faction leader for horde.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Wowpedia has the publication date listed as July 2nd.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
I think it comes out this summer.
Reply Quote
Christie Golden won't be writing it. Forget his name, but someone else is.

And I think it's supposed to come out in April? Not sure on a date, really.

EDIT: Derp. Ignore me.
Edited by Rhonwen on 3/20/2013 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Christie Golden won't be writing it. Forget his name, but someone else is.

And I think it's supposed to come out in April? Not sure on a date, really.

Michael Stackpole. The book is Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde.

Don't really know much about it, since we've not gotten much news on it since the reveal. Far we know, it's still supposed to revolve around the events of 5.1, focusing on Vol'jin, obviously, but also on Chen and the Zandalari.

Not much to say about it except speculation at this point.
Edited by Kellick on 3/20/2013 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Nice Thanks for the info, was wondering what had happened.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Kellick
Michael Stackpole.

I knew it was Michael something! He's done Sci-Fi novels, if I remember correctly. Maybe he'll be good (I hope he'll be good).
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
It's still coming, books can't always be released alongside the proper patches after all without sometimes ending up with a sloppy, rushed story that can barely be called a manuscript.

And depending on how far the book goes it might contain spoilers for 5.3 or even 5.4 content, so now wouldn't even be a good time to release it. I'm guessing at the very least it'll set up Vol'jin's in-game return even if it doesn't actually reach it.

Here's to hoping said return will involve Vol'jin riding a gigantic Direhorn through a regiment of Kor'kron. For no other reason then it would be awesome.
Edited by Falrinn on 3/20/2013 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
I thought it was out in April?

Here's to hoping said return will involve Vol'jin riding a gigantic Direhorn through a regiment of Kor'kron. For no other reason then it would be awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
It's still coming, books can't always be released alongside the proper patches after all without sometimes ending up with a sloppy, rushed story that can barely be called a manuscript.

And depending on how far the book goes it might contain spoilers for 5.3 or even 5.4 content, so now wouldn't even be a good time to release it. I'm guessing at the very least it'll set up Vol'jin's in-game return even if it doesn't actually reach it.

We can only hope.

Either way, I think having an entire novel focused around a character who isn't a Human, an Orc or an Elf is already a good start. The fact it's bringing new blood into the supplemental material with a new author is pretty cool too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
The release date was said to be sometime in April at Comic-con, seems like Amazon has it set for July 2 though.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/2012-new-york-comic-con-blizzard-entertainment-publishing-panel-live-blog-video
Reply Quote
Hes done several Star Wars novels, one of the more popular ones being one of his titled I, Jedi. Not the best writer of SW novels, but he's solid.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Rogue
Michael Stackpole

Something about that surname makes me chuckle.

But, anyway, I look forward to reading his Vol'jin book.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hes done several Star Wars novels, one of the more popular ones being one of his titled I, Jedi. Not the best writer of SW novels, but he's solid.

Blizzard needs to shell out money and get Zahn to write a Warcraft trilogy.
Reply Quote
Blizzard needs to shell out money and get Aaron Allston to write a Warcraft trilogy.

FTFY
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Stackpole seemed like a pretty cool guy at ComicCon. I haven't read his stuff but I heard he has a bit of a problem with telling instead of showing. On the other hand, I've heard his Star Wars stuff is really, really good.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
"Dis' Dat' Mon Tings Sum-ting' Da' De' Joo Doin' Go-na Ta'"

Near as I can tell the writer had and aneurism...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
"Dis' Dat' Mon Tings Sum-ting' Da' De' Joo Doin' Go-na Ta'"

Near as I can tell the writer had and aneurism...

Stackpole actually said he had a way around the troll accent.

Vol'jin gets stabbed in the neck and he has to re-learn how to talk. He ends up speaking without the accent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]