Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn: Worst Trinket?

100 Pandaren Monk
After getting in LFR I was excited, the trinket looked awesome.

But after running LFR again with this trinket I found out that this trinket only does .8-1.2% of my total healing.

Was this trinket meant to be this bad?

Was this trinket supposed to scale off SP but it doesn't?

Literally the only use this trinket has is the 1200 spirit on the LFR version.

At this point I think it's better to just go back to using a 464 trinket that gives 800~ static stats and whatever else from the proc.

I hope Blizzard fixes this trinket, It's literally worthless besides it's static spirit. Have the bubble scale off Spell Power. Have the bubble hit three people instead of just one. Something!

To add insult to injury I got this trinket off Megaera, then rolled a coin, and got another one -_-
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am getting about the same, I assumed it was because I am disc and using attonement. I like the spirit, but the proc/usefulness of it is trash.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Basically all he 5.2 healing trinkets suck. Sadly

I personally like spirit but i cuold just be biased. Even tho spirit procs do not scale with rapture anymore i still prefer spirit to (X) mana

Currently using the trinket for the static spirit. Over 14k with flask and food= lots of free mana to play around with.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Basically all he 5.2 healing trinkets suck. Sadly

I personally like spirit but i cuold just be biased. Even tho spirit procs do not scale with rapture anymore i still prefer spirit to (X) mana

Currently using the trinket for the static spirit. Over 14k with flask and food= lots of free mana to play around with.

Mmm. The gear has so much spirit on it that I think I might actually start dropping spirit. Not sure yet, though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Mmm. The gear has so much spirit on it that I think I might actually start dropping spirit. Not sure yet, though.

Nuu. 18k+ is gonna be on my gear. I demand it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
you're better off with horridon's last grasp if you're aiming for mana

along with heroic spirits of the sun upgraded 2/2
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
you're better off with horridon's last grasp if you're aiming for mana

along with heroic spirits of the sun upgraded 2/2

Rapture procs being beefed up is better for me atm. And can't get 2/2 H-spirits anymore, so that's a bust. I need the horridon trinket too but... Stupid thing won't drop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wonder if the proc would stack with H paladin mastery? I haven't been able to find anything on it besides some basic math on 5.2 trinkets on MMO Champion. If the proc effect doesn't stack I am just going to have to go back to Spirits of the Sun. :(
Edited by Semoponume on 3/21/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Would imagine in stacks but there is so little of it that it probably doesn't make all that much difference. Besides Hoor's and maybe LS trinket (have heard conflicting reports on it) rest of the trinkets are pretty underwhelming.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I would assume with full ToT gear healers won't be needing as much spirit anymore, It'd just be overkill.

And at least the other trinkets in ToT are leaps and bounds better than this one. Horridon one, Horridon's Last Gasp, gives mana back, Lei Shen, Lightning-Imbued Chalice, trinket scales off Spell Power (Seems to be 5k+ Healing for every 1k Spell Power you have). And the trinket off Primordius, Stolen Relic of Zuldazar, almost the exact trinket except it's based on getting charges and the bubble it gives is double the amount for only 3 seconds longer ICD but you probably get enough charges for another bubble before it even comes back off CD, so, imo, It's better than a random chance to get a bubble. 20 ICD for the Stolen Relic, 17 ICD for the Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn.
Edited by Isareth on 3/21/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/21/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Fereveralone
18k+

dear lord...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I did my Forgotten Depths LFR last night. Was hoping for the hood. Used a coin.

You Win: LOOT

Yes!

Oh ... a trinket ... with unwanted spirit ... and what appears to be a random shield proc that covers about as much damage as a single RJ tick ... great ...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah I posted about this in the priest forum but the bag's proc does just about nothing. It did 70k total absorption on a fight, so basically it's a trinket with just static spirit and nothing else. It's markedly worse than 471 heroic blue trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I did my Forgotten Depths LFR last night. Was hoping for the hood. Used a coin.

You Win: LOOT

Yes!

Oh ... a trinket ... with unwanted spirit ... and what appears to be a random shield proc that covers about as much damage as a single RJ tick ... great ...

The good thing is that it appears to proc from HoT ticks, so you will probably get the most that you can get out of it should you decide to use it.

Can always reforge that Spirit to Haste. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The funny thing is if it literally procced 10 times as much I still would consider using a blue trinket over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The good thing is that it appears to proc from HoT ticks, so you will probably get the most that you can get out of it should you decide to use it.

it would depend on the rppm of the trinket, right? hots would certainly offer more "bad luck protection" sort of, in a sense. nobody really wanted the trinket when it dropped for us last night so our paladin took it and tried spamming a lot of EF and other hots (whatever paladins have, like i pay attention to anything) and it still was only around 1% of his healing done. really unfortunately not a great trinket. blizzard promised us better and cooler proc stuff! make it so, blizz!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/21/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Tsilyi

it would depend on the rppm of the trinket, right? hots would certainly offer more "bad luck protection" sort of, in a sense. nobody really wanted the trinket when it dropped for us last night so our paladin took it and tried spamming a lot of EF and other hots (whatever paladins have, like i pay attention to anything) and it still was only around 1% of his healing done. really unfortunately not a great trinket. blizzard promised us better and cooler proc stuff! make it so, blizz!

Don't forget the RPPM scales with Haste, so...you'll probably see a better return if you have a lot of Haste, too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it possible this will get hotfixed?

This trinket is so lack luster it should either be fixed (proc more, buff the absorption, or remove the proc and buff the spirit) or just outright removed from the loot table.

Parses from last night show a 8.9% uptime with 1.1% of total healing.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/s2lrqrsc0gl1k697/details/1/?enc=bosses

Why even waste some of the item budget on such a terrible proc?

When did spirit become a main stat? If you look at a spirit gem compared to a intellect gem, the spirit gem has twice as many stats as the intellect gem (320 vs. 160) [I'm assuming this was done because spirit isn't effected by kings]. Shouldn't the spirit level be higher on this as compared to intellect trinkets?

Spirit is a secondary stat; Spirit isn't effected by stat buffs, so why would spirit=intellect on 5.2 trinkets?
Edited by Quínn on 3/21/2013 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]