Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn: Worst Trinket?

90 Pandaren Priest
Spirit is a secondary stat; Spirit isn't effected by stat buffs, so why would spirit=intellect on 5.2 trinkets?

My only explanation is that it directly scales the mana regen of Disc Priests and Resto Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
A static spirit and proc throughput trinket would be fine, the DESIGN of the trinket isn't bad. It just needs to proc an absurdly greater amount of times to be even remotely useful.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is the most godawful trinket I've ever seen. I literally ran OOM waiting for it to proc. For a 30k shield? You can !@#$% slap that shield off. I surely hope there is something VERY wrong with the proc rate and that they'll hotfix it ASAP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This is the most godawful trinket I've ever seen. I literally ran OOM waiting for it to proc. For a 30k shield? You can !@#$% slap that shield off. I surely hope there is something VERY wrong with the proc rate and that they'll hotfix it ASAP.

If you were out of combat, that's why the trinket didn't proc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Seems like the icd is bugged with it. Says 17 second but 3 procs in 6 minutes there's just no way it is. I know the new trinkets are supposed to proc differently and stack chances to proc with certain spells casted, but there is absolutely no way the 17sec icd is actually happening. 6 minutes of raid combat 3 procs while purposely trying to get this trinket to proc by renewing everyone and using just about everything besides atonement. 2-3 minute icd seems more accurate, for a crappy shield that does less than a regular good ol heal and depending on the spell cast could be placed on a completely useless target due to aoe healing.
Edited by Crossbresser on 3/27/2013 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
41 Draenei Shaman
Got the LFR one on my paladin...
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jxe3rddxw700frwn/details/39/?s=865&e=1371

A godawful trinket is better then this...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
was talking to another disc priest who had the 522 version.

apparently his was broken -_-;

i asked if it worked with mastery; so they tried to proc it, and after a couple of minutes of spam healing it never procced.

he/she looked through their recount for the night and apparently it never procced at all.
Reply Quote
I won this in mormal Meg and my Item lv jumed 2 points to 511, and Im pretty sure I got scammed, sooooooo glad I didn't vend Spirits of the Sun. I so wish that something else had dropped that actually may help the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
was talking to another disc priest who had the 522 version.

apparently his was broken -_-;

i asked if it worked with mastery; so they tried to proc it, and after a couple of minutes of spam healing it never procced.

he/she looked through their recount for the night and apparently it never procced at all.

This trinket will not proc outside of combat.

Recount does not track the proc of the trinket. You will need to either get Skada or look at World of Logs to get an idea of whether the trinket is proccing or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
you're better off with horridon's last grasp if you're aiming for mana

along with heroic spirits of the sun upgraded 2/2

F*cking hell, I was going to say I didn't remember replying to this thread.

But yes, Horridon trinket is the only worthwhile drop this tier. VP trinket is debatable, but I think SoTS is slightly better. I'll have to run numbers on that, though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
you're better off with horridon's last grasp if you're aiming for mana

along with heroic spirits of the sun upgraded 2/2

F*cking hell, I was going to say I didn't remember replying to this thread.

But yes, Horridon trinket is the only worthwhile drop this tier. VP trinket is debatable, but I think SoTS is slightly better. I'll have to run numbers on that, though.

The Chalice is actually kind of ridiculous, too.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
For this tier:
Horridon's + Chalice for optimal throughput.
For regen it's still Horridon's + Qin-Xi's.

Stolen Relic of the Whositwhatsits is actually even worse than Hydra-Spawn, from what I've seen.
Not really sure how they're going to trump the regen trinkets next tier considering Horridon's Last Gasp stacking may be a bug or simply unintended behavior. Then again, they might simply not introduce a regen trinket at all, since we'll have truckloads of spirit.
Spirit is a secondary stat; Spirit isn't effected by stat buffs, so why would spirit=intellect on 5.2 trinkets?
We haven't had an "increases base stats by X%" buff since Cataclysm, so it really doesn't matter whether or not Spirit is affected by stat buffs.

In terms of stat budget Spirit has equaled intellect for this whole expansion.
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/8/2013 4:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest
I would assume with full ToT gear healers won't be needing as much spirit anymore, It'd just be overkill.

And at least the other trinkets in ToT are leaps and bounds better than this one. Horridon one, Horridon's Last Gasp, gives mana back, Lei Shen, Lightning-Imbued Chalice, trinket scales off Spell Power (Seems to be 5k+ Healing for every 1k Spell Power you have). And the trinket off Primordius, Stolen Relic of Zuldazar, almost the exact trinket except it's based on getting charges and the bubble it gives is double the amount for only 3 seconds longer ICD but you probably get enough charges for another bubble before it even comes back off CD, so, imo, It's better than a random chance to get a bubble. 20 ICD for the Stolen Relic, 17 ICD for the Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn.

No you are unlikely to get enough charges for a maxxed out bubble before it gets off cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]