A really stupid question about 10man Ji-Kun..

100 Dwarf Hunter
Normal mode, is there a time when an upper and lower nest activates at the same time? I couldn't really find a straight answer. Would I be fine with just one flying group?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
No and yes.

3 lower

3 upper

repeating until the boss dies
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It does. People saying otherwise have really good dps and don't make it to that point.

3 lower > 3 upper > 2 lower > 3rd lower+1st upper > 2 upper

You will need another flying group to handle it if you can't down it in time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
03/21/2013 12:48 AMPosted by Ganrokh
upper and lower nest activates at the same time?

No they wouldn't activate at the same time but they could be up at the same time. If you don't clear the nests fast enough the next will come up anyways. So if your dps was slow you could get the third bottom nest up while the first top nest is up. IDK the cut off exactly but the lower nest adds would mature and fly off at about that same point as well.

My group uses a group of 2 dps & 1 healer always clearing nests. Then we have 2 people rotate for the 3rd dps spot. I believe they go down to the first lower & then switch off. & they always grab the food buff to use it on the boss.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Well I'm asking because on 25, I know every 4th activation or so involves 2 nests at once, an upper and lower. However I couldn't find a straight answer for 10 (icy veins says you need 2 Nest groups, Fat boss didn't really specify, other guides said 1). We only got 3 attempts on her last night, but once my nest group got the hang of it, we were getting ~5 seconds of DPS time on her between nests. So what I'm gathering is that if my nest DPS is good enough, I shouldn't need 2 groups eventually?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
It goes

1 lower
2 lower
3 lower
1 upper
2 upper
3 upper
1 lower
2 lower
3 lower + an upper <- Here is where two activate

The ninth activation has a lower and upper at the same time. However, she should be low enough on health that you can probably ignore the adds and just burn her.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The guides are a bit confusing...

2 or 3 healers?

1 or 2 groups?

Stay on nest till the next activate or kill adds, fly, DPS boss, go to the next nest and repeat?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
We were getting her to about 60-65% by the time the first upper neat activated. Our nest group is consisting of a warlock, hunter, mage, and MW monk. We have a Frost DK and Rogue sitting on her the whole time. My ranged are getting some damage on her between nests.

Also, thank you Balkoth, that's more along then lines of what I was looking for.
Edited by Ganrokh on 3/21/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The guides are a bit confusing...

2 or 3 healers?

1 or 2 groups?

Stay on nest till the next activate or kill adds, fly, DPS boss, go to the next nest and repeat?

We do 3 healers, 2 on the platform (we had an issue with a single healer getting knocked off) and 1 with a pair of dps who just fly around gibbing chicks. We only use one group to kill birds. We also have platform dps drop down to the 2nd nest after it is cleared to grab feathers so they can soak globules at feeding time on the platform.

Boss is usually low enough after the second round of lowers that our fliers go back to the platform and we just hero and burn her down. Our fliers start off dpsing the boss until the first eggs actually hatch before clearing that nest, and they spend a little bit of time dpsing the boss after the 3rd upper other than that we just go nest to nest to nest.
Edited by Necai on 3/21/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
We were getting her to about 60-65% by the time the first upper neat activated. Our nest group is consisting of a warlock, hunter, mage, and MW monk. We have a Frost DK and Rogue sitting on her the whole time. My ranged are getting some damage on her between nests.

Also, thank you Balkoth, that's more along then lines of what I was looking for.

how does jumping down to a platform effect your Hunter and his pet? Does it go with, despawn, stay up top?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

how does jumping down to a platform effect your Hunter and his pet? Does it go with, despawn, stay up top?

It despawns whenever I jump down, so I run survival for that fight. I'm used to calling it once I hit the nest, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
In our kill we had our DPS stop after the 9th or 10th platform and just helped burn and fly between slimes after that. Pretty easy kill for no research done
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
According to the Icy Veins guide, the order is:
Activations 1-4 are are all on lower nests.
Activations 5 and 6 happen at the same time, and activate a lower and upper nest together.
Activations 7 and 8 each activate an upper nest.
Activations 9 & 10, and 11 & 12 each activate a lower and an upper nest at the same time.
Activations 13 and 14 each activate a lower nest.
Activations 15 and 16 happen at the same time, and active a lower and upper nest together.
Reply Quote
That doesn't seem accurate at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfSc-e3etGY

Here is a heroic kill from a platform point of view. (I tanked, this is our warlocks POV)
Also it's irrelevant that it's heroic, platforms still spawn the same.

1 bottom
2 bottom
3 bottom
4 top
5 top
6 top
7 bottom
8 bottom
9+10 bottom+top
11+12 top
(we burn here, so no further info available)

We also used 2 groups, so you never see the warlocks group do the 3rd bottom platform.

edit: originally wrong link :x
Edited by Tks on 3/21/2013 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Activations 5 and 6 happen at the same time, and activate a lower and upper nest together.
Activations 9 & 10, and 11 & 12 each activate a lower and an upper nest at the same time.
Activations 15 and 16 happen at the same time, and active a lower and upper nest together.

Of all the things that are wrong, this is most wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

that...isn't even close to right
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I got a kill on it last night with myself, a Surv Hunter and an H Pally taking the platforms. We had no problems taking them down, and even had enough downtime between them to dot up the boss before heading back down.

Once Ji'Kun was at around 20% we popped hero, ignored nests and burned her.

Edit: Only had to go through nine nests I believe.
Three down; Three up; Three down
Edited by Czecherz on 3/23/2013 3:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Yeah, killed it last night. Had 3 DPS and a healer hitting the nests, and everyone else on the boas. Went through 9 nests, then burned her from about 30%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]