The real problem with cc in battlegrounds

90 Night Elf Druid
Of course there is way too much cc in the game currently.

But about 90% of healers in battlegrounds from my own experience, do not dispell anything but themselves and let you sit in full fears while running right past them.

Mages dont dispell hexes
Warlocks dont use devour magic
Spriest only use mass dispell on mage blocks from what ive seen
Healers dont dispell jack !@#$

I sit in full hoj, fears, silences and no one can seem to dispell or have enough situational awareness because they are too busy tunnel visioning.

Start dispelling %^-* people, it's not exactly glad level play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I play resto main spec, mistweaver, resto shaman, warlock and disc priest.

Nice constructive post though you must be pro.

And if you look at recount dispells a healer will do maybe 3 in an entire battleground.
Cya nerdxx
also how can a boomkin tunnel vision when you are cycloning, off healing teammates, multidotting, Vortex beaming groups, and rooting melee.
Edited by Ddoser on 3/21/2013 1:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
And if you look at recount dispells a healer will do maybe 3 in an entire battleground.

Then you are playing with terrible groups - because I just got out of an RBG:

MW monk - 67 dispels
HPally - 52 dispel
RSham - 48 dispels

Oh you are talking about regular bgs? what do you expect. you can't complain about poop if you play in the sewer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I try to dispel CC off team mates!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
03/21/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Swiftylicous

Then you are playing with terrible groups - because I just got out of an RBG:

MW monk - 67 dispels
HPally - 52 dispel
RSham - 48 dispels

Oh you are talking about regular bgs? what do you expect. you can't complain about poop if you play in the sewer.

Post on your main if your so good, and of course im talking about regular bgs.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
regular bgs.

ew.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There pretty much 3 outcomes to dispelling people in pvp now:

1. I dispel someone and have 8 seconds before I can dispel anyone else
2. I dispel someone and eat a fear for removing the shadow priest dots
3. I dispel someone and eat a silence for removing the warlock's UA

In 2 of the 3 situations I lose control of my character for trying to give you control of yours back. When this happens I am unable to keep anyone else alive. I would rather keep control of my character so that I can continue to keep people alive. There are generally alot more DPS than there are healers. Your 6 seconds of DPS time out of the fight generally doesn't have as much of an impact as 6 seconds of your healer's.
There are exceptions to this and it is all just a judgement call at the time.
Edited by Sttheresa on 3/21/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
regular bgs.

/thread
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

In 2 of the 3 situations I lose control of my character for trying to give you control of yours back. When this happens I am unable to keep anyone else alive. I would rather keep control of my character so that I can continue to keep people alive. There are generally alot more DPS than there are healers. Your 6 seconds of DPS time out of the fight generally doesn't have as much of an impact as 6 seconds of your healer's.

This. OP needs to try healing before commenting, or at least reading the patch notes/ abilities he's talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
03/21/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Swiftylicous
ok at recount dispells a healer will do maybe 3 in an entire battleground.

Of course there is way too much cc in the game currently.

But about 90% of healers in battlegrounds from my own experience, do not dispell anything but themselves and let you sit in full fears while running right past them.

Mages dont dispell hexes
Warlocks dont use devour magic
Spriest only use mass dispell on mage blocks from what ive seen
Healers dont dispell jack !@#$

I sit in full hoj, fears, silences and no one can seem to dispell or have enough situational awareness because they are too busy tunnel visioning.

I actually do, both on my Priest and my mage. My mage uses Decursive. Yeah, you read that right. Of course, usually, when you're not being dispelled, it's because I'm saving/using it for:

A. Another healer so that they can heal you while I sit through a full CC
B. To dispel that Combustion, or the DoT that comes from a glyphed Chaos Bolt, or Devouring Plague (the one that's healing the Shadow Priest that's killing you)
C. A Flag Carrier who needs to get to the cap quickly.
D. People actively helping me
E. (mass dispel only) Enemy Paladins. Because !@#$ paladins.
F. Someone being attacked by a Frost Mage, since this clips their damage.

As a DPS (and not an enemy Paladin), you're low-priority in the dispelling department. I will dispel you if I have a chance, but usually I don't.

Also, this

Except for the last two, anyone I'm around also get silenced/feared.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

This. OP needs to try healing before commenting, or at least reading the patch notes/ abilities he's talking about.

did you not read the post that said i player all the healer specs except holy pally
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
E. (mass dispel only) Enemy Paladins. Because !@#$ paladins.

Ouch, right in the bubble.

This. I dispel pretty often, and I'll even eat the extra fear and silence if it means my teammate can finish off the enemy healer. I'll mass dispel if everyone managed to get frozen by a Mage. Healers have to make a decision on who is more important to dispel. They only have it every 8 seconds. Considering OP plays healers, he/she should know this and be more understanding. Perhaps you just usually aren't the most important dispel target at the times when you need it, which is why you have a trinket and extra survivability talents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I dispel all the time.

It's on a 8 second Cd.

If I dispel while priest dots are up I get horrified for 2 seconds.
If I dispel while UA is up I get silenced and crit hit.

If you are talking about those classes. I only dispel if i'm full and my team is full.
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Druid

"I would rather keep control of my character so that I can continue to keep people alive."

^ THIS

All Perfectly Stated. Bravo.
Edited by Primalroar on 3/21/2013 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
P.S. Recount has a range. Maybe you should be near the healers the whole battle and see how many dispels there are then?

I dispel like mad in BGs.

Don't get !@#$%y with me for not equating your monk with your OP on your druid right off the bat.

You are low priority for dispels as a non FC dps. Deal with it or go heals on your boomkin.

Jeez 100 million posts about how there are too many healers in BGs and another 100 million about how healers don't do their jobs in BGs.

DPS are never happy unless they can one shot everyone else whilst taking no damage themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

its a 8 sec cd now man. i use mine on cd, and its can never cover everyone.

priority is people with a dozen dots on them. and when someone blows an aoe fear lol healers cant dispell all of them.

as a moonkin youd have to be top dmg to get bumped up on the dispel priority list.

besides 90% of the time i need it to keep myself alive, which lets me pump more heals out.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Why do i get the feeling that some Boomkin tunneled on a warlock while the rest of the horde team focused on the alliance Healer.....
After dieing the Boomkin blames the healer.

Hey ratlordx,
I found out that if i stick with a random healer and protect and peel --- then I get healed and cleansed.
true story
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I play resto main spec, mistweaver, resto shaman, warlock and disc priest.

Nice constructive post though you must be pro.

Cya nerdxx
also how can a boomkin tunnel vision when you are cycloning, off healing teammates, multidotting, Vortex beaming groups, and rooting melee.

posting on alts in your own thread. so pro.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

"I would rather keep control of my character so that I can continue to keep people alive."

^ THIS

All Perfectly Stated. Bravo.

If you choose to dispel someone and a 2 sec horrify or silence gets people killed, you probably made the wrong decision.

If you choose not to dispel someone because of a 2 sec horrify or silence and nobody would have died if you had eaten it, you made the wrong decision.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]