More PvP Focus Wanted

100 Human Hunter
We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free. We have more we're working on as well that we'll be sharing information on in the near future. Daxxarri is in the process of gathering information and working with the development team on it as are others on the team in regard to upcoming content again. We haven't been sitting on our hands on this end, I promise. I just can't guarantee that everyone will love everything because we've yet to pull that one off, but we'll do our best.

Again, if you have specific insights you wish to share, please do.

Very cool, glad to see there will be new content for PvP. As far as feedback goes I'm having a blast playing my hunter whether it's at 1500 or 2500 rating. My only complaint would be the lack of participation & rated battle grounds rewarding more points.
Reply Quote
72 Troll Death Knight
personally i dont see why blizz just dose not take the time an really balance pve an pvp sure i hate pve but that dose not mean i dont think it should be fixed the same with pvp but if they can change spells around to do different things in pvp/pve this would truly balance the game an you cant tell me they can not do it they did it for Colossus Smash/all cc in the game

It is very hard to balance PvP/PvE because of something a very small niche enjoys: wPvP. If they did away with wPvP, then they could balance the skills easily so that they did different things whether you are in a PvP setting or a PvE setting. However, wPvP messes that all up because you can't have skills working one way for a mob and differently for a PC that attacks you while you fight the mob. Well, I guess you could, but it would be hard on the player and the devs, as you would have to keep track of too much.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
They need to separate how skills work in PvP and PvE so they're not constantly balancing one while breaking the other. Contrary to what developers think, most players aren't to stupid to understand if it's explained to them.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I love how everyone complains with 'Oh I'm sick of being nerfed over pvp'. Learn to adapt. Pvp, is, regardless of what you might think, a fairly large part of this game.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
PVP and PVE needs to be separated. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out if PVP was separated from PVE two things would happen....

• PVP would be easy to balance.
  • PVE would never have to suffer from the nerf bats from PVP problems.

• This.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    I love how everyone complains with 'Oh I'm sick of being nerfed over pvp'. Learn to adapt. Pvp, is, regardless of what you might think, a fairly large part of this game.

No its really not.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    pvp is lame get over it
    Reply Quote
    60 Human Paladin
    We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free. We have more we're working on as well that we'll be sharing information on in the near future. Daxxarri is in the process of gathering information and working with the development team on it as are others on the team in regard to upcoming content again. We haven't been sitting on our hands on this end, I promise. I just can't guarantee that everyone will love everything because we've yet to pull that one off, but we'll do our best.

There are other topics and posts with criticisms and suggestions written better than anything i could do. No doubt the blizz team is perfectly aware of the situation. It's just frustrating to see the careful attention payed to the amount of mandatory daily quests one is expected to do depending on one's current pve situation and goals.

Meanwhile, pvp got a hotfix to items that should have already been on a vendor, a hotfix to some abilities that got hotfix buffed with no thought of the pvp consequences, a hotfix to ilvl on pvp items that nobody thought to check before the new season, a pvp enchant that most players will never use, and some vague promises about upcoming changes.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Death Knight
    What is it? a 60/40 pve to pvp? How can anyone say that 40% is a mini game.. or not really part of the game??

Get real people.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warlock

I have some constructive feedback, PVP and PVE needs to be separated. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out if PVP was separated from PVE two things would happen....

• PVP would be easy to balance.
  • PVE would never have to suffer from the nerf bats from PVP problems.

• I like how people just assume this would be some miracle fix and every balance concern would magically go away. You'd just have double the bugs and double the balance concerns, as everyone would be asking for a PVE fix here, a PVP fix there, etc. It's as amusing as the "why doesn't Blizz just sit down and balance the game" complaint, as though they're literally just lazy and don't feel like it. People just like the "separate PVE/PVP" idea because it's simple and pretty, so they feel like it'll work.

Look at it this way, the forums are filled of people with proposed quick easy fixes to PVP balance and most of these ideas are completely different. So either all of them are right and there are tons of easy fixes, or most people just suffer from "I lost a duel/arena/BG so the game is unbalanced, this is how to fix it."
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    I would like to ask (respectfully) that anyone who chooses to take part in this thread not delve into the PvE vs. PvP trap. I don't think anyone is going to come to an agreement on it anytime soon. Please be respectful of the opinions and thoughts of others and don't turn this thread into a flame war. I will bring out the fire extinguisher if I have to.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    What is it? a 60/40 pve to pvp? How can anyone say that 40% is a mini game.. or not really part of the game??

Get real people.

Made up internet numbers aside, no one knows the actual breakdown of people who do exclusively one or the other.

Though WoW was designed as a PVE game. How do I know that? It didnt launch with any PVP system whatsoever.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    03/21/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Erras
    We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free.

PvP is literally impossible to play right now. There is entirely too many stuns, snares, silences, and other forms of crowd control. In a fight, you spend so much time not being in control of your character that it is pointless to play, or at the very least it is not fun.

This. I don't agree with you often, but you are spot on for this topic.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Death Knight
    ... its more like 80/20 or 90/10. Compare the content that PvE gets compared to PvP. Y'all get a few battlegrounds per expansion... while the PvE end of it gets several hundred quests, dozens of factins, and new content on every single patch.

No.. that just means that bliz caters to the pve side.. that does not mean the game consists of 80/20 pve/pvp.
    Reply Quote
    Honestly, I hate pvp. It isn't pvp's fault, so much, its just that I'm not good at it and I don't enjoy it enough to practice and become better. I'd rather avoid it like the plague.

That said, what turns me off of it is three basic things: crowd control, the gear differnece when you're just starting and the attitudes of the seeming majority who pvp.

Crowd control is frustrating. Yes, I'm a mage, I get the irony. But to not have control of your character and only be able to watch in some macabre fascination while you are unable to affect what is happening is not enjoyable. I know there are ways out of CC, etc, but I find it simply too prevalent from my limited experience pvp'ing.

The gear difference is something that is beyond frustrating. Even if you play well, there is only so much gear difference you can overcome. I get that, but the later in an expansion we go the more difficult it is to decide "hey, think I'll give pvp a shot" and not get up from the computer five minutes later looking for a kitten to punch. I've heard it called a "rite of passage" and what not. Maybe its necessary. But what it definitely does is make me not want to pvp. Raiding is different. You can go back and do the starter raids for an expansion if you don't have the gear to do the latest raids. PvP is not that way. Its just how it is.

The players' attitudes. Now, don't get me wrong. I have met some very helpful, friendly people who were willing to help me learn how to pvp effectively. The problem is that for those three or four people, there are seventy gajillion others who are simply not enjoyable to play with. This one isn't something Blizzard can change, its just the way the community is. Its like when I play first person shooters online (and believe me, that ain't often). The people in those games display the same attitudes. I just don't enjoy being around that.

Seeing as how there are classes who need CC to survive a pvp encounter, pvp'ers have to be rewarded somehow (and this game generally rewards you with gear), and Blizzard can't do much to affect player's attitudes, I have no suggestions to offer. I just thought the perspective of why I (I won't speak for everyone) steadfastly refuse to pvp might be interesting.

To someone.

Somewhere.

Or not.

Probably not.
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Mage
    I would like to ask (respectfully) that anyone who chooses to take part in this thread not delve into the PvE vs. PvP trap

I would like to point out (respectfully) that PvE vs PvP is precisely the problem.

I say this because the tools we need to effectively PvE can also be used equally effectively in PvP, & that's exactly where the issue of "too much CC" is coming from.

This is why people are telling you to separate the way spells & abilities work in PvP & PvE, to avoid the perception that PvE keeps getting nerfed due to PvP, & also to mitigate the issue of too much CC in PvP.

& IMO, this isn't going to happen if we simply ignore the gorilla.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    i came trying to help but why do you pve'ers have to be such douche bags this is why no one likes you pvp is this game is very popular maybe if you tryed it an stoped crying about it you might like it

Oh spare me,will you?

I logged in for a little while as I wanted to see how the night sky looked. Stormwiond was elegant but not as dark as I'd like..but still, the stars were out. Lovely. So headed out and saw the forest..looks a little like daytime, a lot of monlight and no moon. Stopped by
    Goldshire and was the same, deserted and the area looked..serene.

Blizz put work into the night and I wanted to see for myself. Personally I'd like to see less light and more shadows, maybe dappled light as you would see in real forests.

I get a pst from a guy asking me for a duel.

I smile: A guy with manners? Thats great. I told him no politely, and was about to commend him for his manners when the obnoxious little jerk comes back with "Afraid of losing"?

Creep.

I tell the guy that he won and lost my respect in one sentence and then slam him on ignore.

I was about to commend him on his manners and tell him that I appreciated being asked first...then this?

Do you now have any wonder or question as to why I think so lowly of pvp'ers and why IO despise pvp and pvp'ers? What is it, really? Cant take no for an answer and leave it that??

Mummy and daddy didnt say no to you often enough?

I want pvp gone because I have to put up with crap like this every single day.

You lot just dont know when to leave people the HELL alone
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]