More PvP Focus Wanted

10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Dermo
refuses to put much effort into the pvp side of the game.
every new or tweaked spell in ability has pvp crap considered and has to be adjust and altered to accommodate any potential whining anyone who can't figure out how to counter it would start up.

Then when people quit pvp out of frustration, blizz uses this as evidence that pvp isn't popular enough to worry about.
they should quit since the chronic whiners are bad and never get better. less terrible players complaining about things.

03/21/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Erras
We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free.
An entirely separate list of effects against players from abilities we have would do it. Half the abilities already do it. This will balance things more but will do little to stop complainers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
as pvp'ers we want the game to be balanced for both sides pve an pvp but you cant have the game one sided ut cant be perfect for pve then pvp would be crazy

Being the type of game that this is, thats pretty much impossible to accomplish
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Basically no support or system for competitive pvp, all they had was the ability to turn your flag on

OK, I see what you mean, & agree.

FWIW, I thought PvP was awesome back in those days, & almost all of the fun was sucked out of it when Blizz implemented Battlegrounds & the instanced PvP honor grind.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I dont have an issue with pvp per se, arenas, bg's, have at it and good luck. The attitude and obnoxious, abusive and offensive attitudes of pvp'ers in general is the issue.

Ravyne: when I get pvp'ers telling me "someone killed your npcs boohoo get over it" "they will be there tomorrow", when we get duel spam and screaming abuse when we say no, when pvp griefers decide to lock down quest hubs for the sheer spite of it....what am I to think?

I will respond to this once, and then I am done. In this instance, I don't care what you think. If you want to address these issues, make a thread for them. I don't even know why you addressed me to begin with, all I did was try to clarify what the CM posted. You don't like it, take it up with them.

Personally, I think the biggest problem with this post is the title. It comes off completely different then what the actual post is trying to say. You don't need to bring up PVE in the title when the actual post is only asking for more PVP content.
Edited by Ravyne on 3/21/2013 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The content argument is silly, guys. Blizzard has to make new content because PvE is static. Encounters don't change. Pve content lasts months. PvP content lasts forever.

Think about it. Very few people like Strand of the Ancients or Isle of Conquest. TP and BfG are rehashes of AB and WSG, which have been there since vanilla. so essentially that same 2 pvp games have lasted since '06. 7 YEARS.

Yes there are 2 new bgs, but I guarantee that if they were never implemented people would still be pvping.

So, purely from a business standpoint, this should be a PVP game. They could stop making content altogether and people would still sub for pvp.

I dont have an issue with pvp per se, arenas, bg's, have at it and good luck. The attitude and obnoxious, abusive and offensive attitudes of pvp'ers in general is the issue.

Ravyne: when I get pvp'ers telling me "someone killed your npcs boohoo get over it" "they will be there tomorrow", when we get duel spam and screaming abuse when we say no, when pvp griefers decide to lock down quest hubs for the sheer spite of it....what am I to think?

Um, have you run a random dungeon? Have you sat in trade chat? PvE players are just as bad. There's a spectrum in each play style as with any social group.

I think people take it more personally in PVP because its me vs you instead of us vs monster. Its understandable, but I wouldn't blame the unpleasantness on pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
couldn't pvp power and pvp resilience be adapted more?
I mean, you wouldnt have to tweak the spells themselves (pve would be happy), you could just tweak how they react with pvp power or how the interact with player characters.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
play styles from pet battles and questing to 25 man heroics, but refuses to put much effort into the pvp side of the game. Then when people quit pvp out of frustration, blizz uses this as evidence that pvp isn't popular enough to worry about. Seems like their pvp 'solution' was to make rbgs award the most points then call it a day. Have to go work on pet battles instead of implementing conquest catchup mechanics.

What does it take to get some attention? Why can't we get some bug fixes, new non fail maps, maybe a few new features, and some actual balance instead of more endless dailies that nobody even likes.

Because disabling flying mounts, being able to choose PvP points instead of PvE points as a reward for dailies, having character kills count towards dailies, the 2 new PvP maps, actual PvP gear dropping from quests, etc. are all PVE changes?

-Bug fixes happen weekly

-The new PvP maps are fun and simple and encourage player killing a bit more

-Blacklistable maps and 2 new PvP maps. Of course, quite recently, they made changes that will improve the gap between those already geared and those who join mid-season.

-While perfect PvP balance can and will never happen (for reason I won't explain here), this is the most i've ever seen Destruction Locks, Holy Priests (like myself), and Fire Mages on the battlefield. I should repeat that: HOLY PRIESTS ARE ACTUALLY SOMEWHAT VIABLE IN BGS! Looking at the Warrior forums shows a decline in the amount of whining. Seeing that you're a lowbie, you should already see that they even attempted to fix low-level PvP by increasing your functional level to the level cap of you particular bracket.

-The dailies aren't even really necessary and haven't participated in a pet battle ever. Not even once. I have Pokemon for DS and I have a World of Warcraft subscription. I don' need them combined into one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Neth please read this

I logged in for a little while as I wanted to see how the night sky looked. Stormwiond was elegant but not as dark as I'd like..but still, the stars were out. Lovely. So headed out and saw the forest..looks a little like daytime, a lot of monlight and no moon. Stopped by Goldshire and was the same, deserted and the area looked..serene.

Blizz put work into the night and I wanted to see for myself. Personally I'd like to see less light and more shadows, maybe dappled light as you would see in real forests.

I get a pst from a guy asking me for a duel.

I smile: A guy with manners? Thats great. I told him no politely, and was about to commend him for his manners when the obnoxious little jerk comes back with "Afraid of losing"?

Creep.

I tell the guy that he won and lost my respect in one sentence and then slam him on ignore.

I was about to commend him on his manners and tell him that I appreciated being asked first...then this?

Do you now have any wonder or question as to why I think so lowly of pvp'ers and why I despise pvp and pvp'ers? What is it, really? Cant take no for an answer and leave it that??

Mummy and daddy didnt say no to you often enough?

I want pvp gone because I have to put up with crap like this every single day.

You lot just dont know when to leave people the HELL alone

This conduct, along with the other griefing that occurs, is what I and others have put up with for over two years. Players cant go into certain areas without being spammed with duels and then abused and screamed at when we say no.

"LOL noob so they killed your questgivers, qq moar, log off and come back tomorrow"

Pvp in general has been responsible for a lot of griefing, disruption, quest hubs lockdowns..a lot of the issues and hassles other people experience are because of pvp'er attitudes and behaviour.

Isnt it time that stopped?
Edited by Mirisanelle on 3/21/2013 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
I would like to point out (respectfully) that PvE vs PvP is precisely the problem.

That really wasn't the intent of this topic. Balance between the two is just one of the factors, and a result of a bigger issue.

Blizz is putting an enormous amount of effort into this game. They've gone out of their way to implement things like pet battles and achievements and holidays and DMF just to keep players interested and online. It seems like they'll do just about anything to add content for each type of player - casuals, raiders, OCD types, grinders, etc.

When it comes to pvp, however, the effort just isn't there. That begs the question, why isn't blizz trying everything they can to keep pvpers interested and online? Why aren't pvp bugs fixed immediately? Why is pvp always the lowest priority?

So no, pve vs pvp is not precisely the problem. You don't have to nerf pve players to add a new bg, solo rbgs, or cross realm arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

^^^
WoW was born a PvE game. PvP is the "bastard child" afterthought. Get real.

To all you "This game is PVE focused, get over it." You do realize that PVP has been in this game since the first year..right?

In fact PVP has been around longer than Heroics, Raiding and daily quests by far.

To belittle something someone enjoys in this game that keeps subs and therefore pays for your new dungeons and raids is mind boggling.

I've done every type of content this game has to offer since early '05 and PVP is way waaay waaaaaay more challenging than anything else in game...hands down.

So next time you ridicule people for what they like and say "I hope they do away with it entirely!" just know that they will eliminate dungeons and raids loooong before they do away with PVP.

It has been here far longer and actually generates far more attention thanks to youtube and all the arena videos, battleground videos, world pvp videos and etc.

I can name a dozen PVP players that make a living from their videos and livestreams. How many PVE players can you name that do the same?

It's cool if you don't like PVP but to dismiss it as an addon to a PVE game is retarded in a very special kind of way.
Edited by Nethaera on 3/21/2013 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pvp in general has been responsible for a lot of griefing, disruption, quest hubs lockdowns..a lot of the issues and hassles other people experience are because of pvp'er attitudes and behaviour.Isnt it time that stopped?

How does that affect the discussion of Blizzard supporting pvp play? I know its frustrating, but are you saying that because people do this they do not deserve to have their concerns over game mechanics heard?

Perhaps you should start your own thread encouraging Blizzard to curtail the behaviors you listed. But this thread isn't the place for it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Even if they did bend over backwards for pvp ... they would do it for top tier and it would not affect your twinky 60 paladin.

That paladin is not a twink by today's definition... He's been here since classic Vanilla and has Vanilla AQ Enchants and ZG Zandalarian Hero Charm trinket...Probably a toon that he raided with and pushed some serious PvP with. Full on Field Marshal items.

He's been a loyal customer and probably knows the pvp scene better than anyone else.

Vets around here get -0- respect anymore.

I /salute you sir !
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Hey Neth! Here's some constructive feedback. I don't agree with the OP per se, but I think this would be something simple and fun to implement for us PvPers.

I would love to see some world pvp dailies. Random zone in the world, get 15 Honorable Kills. Earn some conquest and Honor points, maybe add a title to it after completing the daily in every zone of each continent.

If ganking would be a potential set back to this idea, make it so that while on the quest, killing lower level players causes you to lose honor points.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

So no, pve vs pvp is not precisely the problem. You don't have to nerf pve players to add a new bg, solo rbgs, or cross realm arenas.

You're right, Blizzard doesn't HAVE to nerf PvE players for that.

The problem is, it has done so by failing to properly separate PvE from PvP. That's what I'm talking about.

Why is pvp always the lowest priority?

I can't answer that, but I suspect it's because Blizzard has difficulty fixing those issues without screwing with PvE .... which is a problem, because they're not properly separating the two systems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In fact PVP has been around longer than Heroics, Raiding and daily quests by far.

Dungeons and raids existed at launch. MC wasnt patched in later like the PVP system was

I can name a dozen PVP players that make a living from their videos and livestreams. How many PVE players can you name that do the same?

I can name guilds that make their living doing high end PVE progression.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So next time you ridicule people for what they like and say "I hope they do away with it entirely!" just know that they will eliminate dungeons and raids loooong before they do away with PVP.

No they wont because they day they do that , is the day WOW dies. WOW is PVE and pvp a minigame, remove PVE and there is no WOW.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free. We have more we're working on as well that we'll be sharing information on in the near future. Daxxarri is in the process of gathering information and working with the development team on it as are others on the team in regard to upcoming content again. We haven't been sitting on our hands on this end, I promise. I just can't guarantee that everyone will love everything because we've yet to pull that one off, but we'll do our best.

Again, if you have specific insights you wish to share, please do.

I call 100% BS on this as I remember some blue posts saying they don't tend to listen to high rated players due to reasons that care take to the casuals or it doesn't fit their RBGs interests. I am sorry, there has been a billion ideas and it's apparent that blizzard has no ambitions to fix PvP.

Honestly, this blue post is trying to save grace that they really don't care about PvP, but we are going to post something to seem like we do. Please just be honest with the community for once and say PvP doesn't matter to blizzard and it's not in our best interests so people can move on and stop trolling arena/bg forums.

The credibility of blue posts is next to nil these days when it comes to pvp.

Here is sample in a nutshell

PvE exploit or cheat, you get banned
PvP exploit or cheat, you get rewards, titles and gear
We can't separate PvE from PvP so PvP is a mini game

OH, last I checked, the new PvE content seems to be so repetitious of old boss fights and it's getting quit boring honestly.

Honestly, i read this and glad my subscription is done a few weeks.
Edited by Strohmiov on 3/21/2013 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
03/21/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Dungeons and raids existed at launch. MC wasnt patched in later like the PVP system was

I can name guilds that make their living doing high end PVE progression.

dungeons existed...not raids

name your guilds that make a living doing pve ...go
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
03/21/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Scoobydoøby
I would love to see some world pvp dailies.

Or PvP quests like in Alterac Valley, Killing X amount of Enemy players at this location.
Some of these Achievements should be daily quest related/
Edited by Crotis on 3/21/2013 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free. We have more we're working on as well that we'll be sharing information on in the near future. Daxxarri is in the process of gathering information and working with the development team on it as are others on the team in regard to upcoming content again. We haven't been sitting on our hands on this end, I promise. I just can't guarantee that everyone will love everything because we've yet to pull that one off, but we'll do our best.

Again, if you have specific insights you wish to share, please do.

I have some constructive feedback, PVP and PVE needs to be separated. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out if PVP was separated from PVE two things would happen....

• PVP would be easy to balance.
  • PVE would never have to suffer from the nerf bats from PVP problems.

• This, this, this, and this. By the way, this.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]