More PvP Focus Wanted

90 Human Warlock
Cepatore: DaOC has only 50,000 players. LotRO probably the same.

Hardly a model to follow.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Oh, ok, so this game revolves about looking up a video about a boss fight on Youtube, then doing the same boring damn thing over and over again? Wow, that sounds really fun guys!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Triplex: a video is a guide and a basic how-to.

Entering the instance and doing the raid is very different...you are ingame and there is a hell of a lot more to learn and do than the video can tell you...the youtube is prep, nothing more.

Ingame the very first thing you learn is that the prep only gave you the basics. Once you are in there...well it's like the old saying "No plan or strategy ever survives contact with the enemy"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cepatore: DaOC has only 50,000 players. LotRO probably the same.

Hardly a model to follow.

yea, DAoC may have that many now, but what did it have when it dropped 10 years ago?
and I'm not saying they should model WoW after those games lol Blizzard should just take a good look at their pvp area and try to do something similar.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free. We have more we're working on as well that we'll be sharing information on in the near future. Daxxarri is in the process of gathering information and working with the development team on it as are others on the team in regard to upcoming content again. We haven't been sitting on our hands on this end, I promise. I just can't guarantee that everyone will love everything because we've yet to pull that one off, but we'll do our best.

Again, if you have specific insights you wish to share, please do.
Well maybe you guys can fix low level bgs... they're ridiculous. Freaking getting one shotted by Protection Warriors. And how about a remake of Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley? Horde wins maybe 1 in every 10 matches played. Also, maybe make it so that players fully geared in PvP gear can't get hit by a spell that does like half of their total health. A Warlock hit me with Chaos Bolt and got a 157k crit when I was in full Malev...
Reply Quote
We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free. We have more we're working on as well that we'll be sharing information on in the near future. Daxxarri is in the process of gathering information and working with the development team on it as are others on the team in regard to upcoming content again. We haven't been sitting on our hands on this end, I promise. I just can't guarantee that everyone will love everything because we've yet to pull that one off, but we'll do our best.

Again, if you have specific insights you wish to share, please do.
Well maybe you guys can fix low level bgs... they're ridiculous. Freaking getting one shotted by Protection Warriors. And how about a remake of Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley? Horde wins maybe 1 in every 10 matches played. Also, maybe make it so that players fully geared in PvP gear can't get hit by a spell that does like half of their total health. A Warlock hit me with Chaos Bolt and got a 157k crit when I was in full Malev...

It's not just pvp, healers having infinite mana until level 80 and tanks always being #1 on the dps chart without trying is stupid.

I remember leveling in cata, before the pandaria patch, I actually had to keep water on me pre-80 on my priest. Now it's impossible to even go to half mana, why would they change that? The game doesn't need to be easier during leveling.
Edited by Kenshimoo on 4/7/2013 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Yea, but still... At least you finish it quicker and actually get xp. In bgs you just get random classes on both sides and someone has to lose. So if there were 10 Protection Warriors in Warsong Gulch against mixed classes on the other side the Warrior side would dominate that bg. Their Shield Slam pretty much one shots you... And also freaking Discipline Priests are way too OP. Their shields take forever to break and when you do they just pop another one! Even Shadow Priests, their bubbles are OP. Blizzard really needs to fix these classes and how people gets into bgs... Like limits of the same class, healers, etc...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
WTB works for blizzard's dev team. I've spewed oiut so many fixes to pvp/pve issues I can't even recall all they were, it would be so much easier if they just hired me. *hinthint*

BG overhauls, ability nerfins/buffins, divisions of vs player or vs npc for abilities, gear stats that separate the two, all sorts of things. oy, so many fixes, not enough time...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
WTB works for blizzard's dev team. I've spewed oiut so many fixes to pvp/pve issues I can't even recall all they were, it would be so much easier if they just hired me. *hinthint*

BG overhauls, ability nerfins/buffins, divisions of vs player or vs npc for abilities, gear stats that separate the two, all sorts of things. oy, so many fixes, not enough time...
Yes, kind of the same for me. I've submitted some things about PvP, but nothing ever happens... And not like new bgs or anything like that, just fixes and minor improvements and things to make it fair.. Like I said about Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest, Horde's just never going to understand how to play them... So they could maybe just change them up a little bit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
lol all these people talking about how they wouldnt care if pvp is removed dont realise how many people play the game only for pvp, why do you think probably 75% or more of the wow videos on youtube are pvp videos, with the rest being boss guides and progression videos.

bliz would probably lose a ton of money if they took away pvp, thus giving them less to update pve with.

i dont know what all the hype about world of cc craft is about, it can be annoying sometimes, but it doesnt make me not want to pvp, i can still kill the cc heavy classes, and still get killed by classes with less cc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
but refuses to put much effort into the PVP side of the game
- That's just it PVP is a side game an after thought, but don't fret read the Blog that's up about 5.3 and beyond, i hope your pleasantly surprised! Alot of good things are coming PVP'ers ways!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Pvp you lose 50% of the time, by design lol.

Put pvp and pve in a vacuum, weight the predicted experiences(assuming you don't get a huge rush from beating another person, but feel the losses more, like normal people) and it's not at all hard to see why pve is more inviting.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
lol all these people talking about how they wouldnt care if pvp is removed dont realise how many people play the game only for pvp, why do you think probably 75% or more of the wow videos on youtube are pvp videos, with the rest being boss guides and progression videos.

bliz would probably lose a ton of money if they took away pvp, thus giving them less to update pve with.

i dont know what all the hype about world of cc craft is about, it can be annoying sometimes, but it doesnt make me not want to pvp, i can still kill the cc heavy classes, and still get killed by classes with less cc.

Look at the pathetic pvp server population statistics! I would still pay double rates if they took pvp out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Look at the pathetic pvp server population statistics! I would still pay double rates if they took pvp out.
Just because the realm is a normal or PvP realm means nothing about how many PvPers and PvEers are on it. I was on a normal realm and almost everyone was PvP. I just switched over to a PvP realm and most people are PvE...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I would like to retract my previous post about PVE. I have started to do it, and enjoy it greatly. That being said I would like to appologize for my rude and inconsiderate remark. Though I still love pvp and am happy that Blizzard tries there best to consider both.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
well i pvp on my hunter horde side and i know for balance ally wins 90 to 95% of the time. yes i could switch but why all my pve toons are horde. non the less i quit pvp was tired of getting 1 win a day, i realize that ally play better together thats why they win. but horde are there to turn JPs to honor mostly. this is from talks while in the bgs. its bad really bad. have started to wonder why i still play this game been playing for at least 5 yrs and am bored. tired of all the changes everytime. i have deleted 5 of my 90s just to go back and lvl im so bored. think im just frustrated and burnned out really. have fun all its been great but i just might be done ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
lets not forget they have added all there content to the game pokemon dinasours and what ever else they want. pet battles were cool till you hit a brick wall at lvl 25 pets and battles wow took me a month to figure out the pattern. then i quit that too when i fought a few of the epic pets they put in and got nothing no drop no nothing nice game blizz ur wrecking it. sometimes to much is bad ??
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I would like to retract my previous post about PVE. I have started to do it, and enjoy it greatly. That being said I would like to appologize for my rude and inconsiderate remark. Though I still love pvp and am happy that Blizzard tries there best to consider both.
I've also started to try tanking and it is kind of fun... I've been doing raid finder a lot already because of the Wrathion quest because I found it interesting, but found it boring every single time because I was a DPS. I couldn't imagine doing this all the time, though...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]