dungeons existed...not raids

No MC was always there, and technically UBRS was a 'raid'

name your guilds that make a living doing pve ...go

Dream-Paragon

Blood Legion

To name a few
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hey Neth! Here's some constructive feedback. I don't agree with the OP per se, but I think this would be something simple and fun to implement for us PvPers.

I would love to see some world pvp dailies. Random zone in the world, get 15 Honorable Kills. Earn some conquest and Honor points, maybe add a title to it after completing the daily in every zone of each continent.

If ganking would be a potential set back to this idea, make it so that while on the quest, killing lower level players causes you to lose honor points.

I don't see why it would be a setback, if it was a PVP server..well it is a PVP server. And since dailies are USUALLY max level, I would think there wouldn't be any ganking on these quests. And if it is a PVE server, then the players have the option to do them or not, and flag or not.
Reply Quote
Hey Neth! Here's some constructive feedback. I don't agree with the OP per se, but I think this would be something simple and fun to implement for us PvPers.

I would love to see some world pvp dailies. Random zone in the world, get 15 Honorable Kills. Earn some conquest and Honor points, maybe add a title to it after completing the daily in every zone of each continent.

If ganking would be a potential set back to this idea, make it so that while on the quest, killing lower level players causes you to lose honor points.

I don't see why it would be a setback, if it was a PVP server..well it is a PVP server. And since dailies are USUALLY max level, I would think there wouldn't be any ganking on these quests. And if it is a PVE server, then the players have the option to do them or not, and flag or not.

Weren't there pvp dailies in Grizzly Hills? I seem to remember that as I leveled through there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
03/21/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Erras
To all you "This game is PVE focused, get over it." douches. You do realize that PVP has been in this game since the first year..right?

This, along with the rest of your post, is nothing more than insulting half-truths and/or wrong assumptions. I would argue with you further, but there's no point. You are

retarded in a very special kind of way.

LOL..opinion noted. But since you added nothing to back it up ..also irrelevant. It's ok that you guys aren't good at PVP just own up and admit it ...its the first step to getting help...lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/21/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Erras

MC was not always there. I specifically remember the patch that added it. I do believe UBRS was always there, but regardless, all dungeons (along with questing and all zones featuring mobs) are PvE content.

Nope there was no patch that added in MC, there was that quest in BRD to enter MC and get those ashes

The patch just made that first pull of trash possible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Lets see WOW has 2 opposing Factions that hate each other and are at war and players want to kill the other players from the opposing faction.

Yea totally a pve game.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
03/21/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Erras

MC was not always there. I specifically remember the patch that added it

If this is true, someone should correct WoWWiki, which says that both MC & Onyxia were present "at release."

However, I also remember something about both of those raids being patched in after release, but some time before I started on January 28th, 2005.

In any event: whether they were both in the game on release or not, PvP was as well -- just not PvP systems like the instanced honor grind & so on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
03/21/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Warzone

Dungeons and raids existed at launch. MC wasnt patched in later like the PVP system was

I can name guilds that make their living doing high end PVE progression.

dungeons existed...not raids

name your guilds that make a living doing pve ...go

MC and Ony say hi. They were around at release.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
you do understand the same thing happens to pvp'ers when we do heroics an things right?

That might be because you were clueless and didnt prepare properly.

there are douche bags on both sides you pve'ers are far from perfect

We're not the ones dancing around Goldshire or elsewhere spamming duels on anyone who comes past then screaming obscene epithets and abuse when they say no.

PVE players dont go wiping out quest hubs.

Pvpers do this every day and worse.
Reply Quote
Lets see WOW has 2 opposing Factions that hate each other and are at war and players want to kill the other players from the opposing faction.

Yea totally a pve game.

Are you referring to Alliance and Horde, or PvP'ers vs. PvE'ers? It kinda applies in either case.
Edited by Khaki on 3/21/2013 9:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If this is true, someone should correct WoWWiki, which says that both MC & Onyxia were present "at release."

However, I also remember something about both of those raids being patched in after release, but some time before I started on January 28th, 2005.

This is correct, they were always there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Weren't there pvp dailies in Grizzly Hills? I seem to remember that as I leveled through there.

Yes, there were, which were relevant when Wrath was relevant, which made them level relevant, and I don't think I would consider that ganking. And if you want to get that technical, I said usually, I even bolded it. There are exceptions, lower level dailies, but the majority are max level.

But if you mean leveling now, irrelevant content.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I would love to see some world pvp dailies.

Or PvP quests like in Alterac Valley, Killing X amount of Enemy players at this location.
Some of these Achievements should be daily quest related/

This would be cool too, but I think the reason it worked in AV was because there was so much going on. If there were specific daily quests in other bgs, you'd be encouraging people to not follow objectives, like the pvp achievement for one of the world events. And we have the Call to arms system already!

EDIT: @ Rayvne, I agree with you personally but I could see blizz being held up on something like encouraging 90s to turn Stranglethron Vale into an unquestable warzone all day, as awesome as that would be ;D
Edited by Scoobydoøby on 3/21/2013 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]