More PvP Focus Wanted

90 Blood Elf Hunter
EDIT: @ Rayvne, I agree with you personally but I could see blizz being held up on something like encouraging 90s to turn Stranglethron Vale into an unquestable warzone all day, as awesome as that would be ;D

Why would they make PVP dailies in Stranglethorn? I think they have already demonstrated that low level questing areas are meant to push people to end game as quickly as possible..hence the removal of group quests, the addition of heirlooms, etc.. I think max level world pvp dailies are a good idea, and do not see a ganking issue in the least.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/21/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Solaru
You do realize that PVP has been in this game since the first year..right?
It was not the main focus then, and it it is not the main focus now.
To belittle something someone enjoys in this game that keeps subs and therefore pays for your new dungeons and raids is mind boggling.
It is not belittling it, it is just a fact. Now I would not go as far to say PvP is a "mini-game" as other's have but more along the lines of a sub-game.

I can name a dozen PVP players that make a living from their videos and livestreams. How many PVE players can you name that do the same?
Because PvP is an ESport does not mean it is the focus.

In fact PVP has been around longer than Heroics, Raiding and daily quests by far.
Unless you are counting WPvP (that would have happened on launch day) Raiding has been around before BGs and Arena.

With subscriptions dropping Blizzards needs to pay attention to all aspects of the game. Who's to say PvE subs aren't dropping and PvP subs are growing or staying the same?
Get off your PvE high horse.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Would be pretty sweet. I've always wanted to be able to loot players. Maybe Conquest points/ Honor points pas tcap, with a very small chance of an epic. like each player killed would drop a satchel type thing that would be gold and CP and maybe some gear or a mount. That would be sick :D

I never thought of CP ....but maybe like a looooooow amount. Like, 15CP at a 22% chance drop rate ?

Call them Conquest Satchels.

AND make them mailable to your alts !

But to obtain these items, you HAVE to be in a group,...because i can easily see it being abused by honor botters.
Edited by Crotis on 3/21/2013 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
All PvPers are just griefers discussion- Toss it out. This is the same as saying everyone that goes into Dungeon Finder or Raid Finder is a jerk. It's an overstatement that has nothing to do with the discussion. As someone that enjoys PvP myself, I can attest I personally do not "grief". Individuals can be "jerks" it's true, but don't put everyone in one basket because you had a poor experience with one of them.

Neth, then how can this issue be addressed on a larger scale?

I am not referring to one person, i am referring to many over the last two years. it is not an overstatement when i remember being on Madoran and trying to level my toons and finding the npc's dead day after day after day.

Who do I talk to?

How does this get fixed?

Where are the avenues that tell us that these issues get taken care of when the same thing happens day after day?
Edited by Mirisanelle on 3/21/2013 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Also a suggestion for PvPing is by making solo queues impossible for battlegrounds.

Bots don't group queue.

Wait. You are saying that if I happen to have some downtime and want to run a BG, I cannot unless someone else also wants to go? This makes no sense as a solution.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Also a suggestion for PvPing is by making solo queues impossible for battlegrounds.

Bots don't group queue.

I don't think this is the solution. I understand what you're trying to do here, but it's going to hamper the enjoyment of many who enjoy solo queuing and running Battlegrounds simply for the fun of it.
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
03/21/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Because PvP is an ESport does not mean it is the focus.

Arena stopped being a serious ESport a long time ago.

I feel this is more a result of blizz failing to provide an entertaining game and dropping support in favor of sc2 than a waning interest in arenas.

As i recall, the scene degenerated after unkillable caster cleaves turned every mlg match into a boring two hour event. Blizz could have fixed this. They even tried with their cup half full strategy in cataclysm. Somehow, they got away from this, and we went back to endless CC and instant full heals.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I don't think this is the solution. I understand what you're trying to do here, but it's going to hamper the enjoyment of many who enjoy solo queuing and running Battlegrounds simply for the fun of it.

Well you do know me Neth, I'm a huge supporter of the Oqeue community :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/21/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Mirisanelle
All PvPers are just griefers discussion- Toss it out. This is the same as saying everyone that goes into Dungeon Finder or Raid Finder is a jerk. It's an overstatement that has nothing to do with the discussion. As someone that enjoys PvP myself, I can attest I personally do not "grief". Individuals can be "jerks" it's true, but don't put everyone in one basket because you had a poor experience with one of them.

I am not referring to one person, i am referring to many over the last two years. it is not an overstatement when i remember being on Madoran and trying to level my toons and finding the npc's dead day after day after day.

Who do I talk to?

How does this get fixed?

Where are the avenues that tell us that these issues get taken care of when the same thing happens day after day?

Feel free to create a separate thread if you like. I think it just doesn't fit in this particular discussion.

*edited for proper grammar.
Edited by Nethaera on 3/21/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
03/21/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Erras
We're always open to constructive feedback and have been paying attention to PvP discussions. If you have specific items you want to share insights on, please feel free.

PvP is literally impossible to play right now. There is entirely too many stuns, snares, silences, and other forms of crowd control. In a fight, you spend so much time not being in control of your character that it is pointless to play, or at the very least it is not fun.

I find it ironic since Blizzard's stance has always been that they want us in control of our character as much as possible... so how did we get to where we are today with the out-of-control CC?

Agreed. I went back to PvP for the legendary quest line (had not done it since early Cata) and spent almost entire fights stuck to the ground or running with no control. And I have four different ways to interupt fear and stuns. Still spent most of it CC'd. I don't mind being killed by a kiting mage or lock if I suck too much to get into range. But having the entire experience occur with my not being able to move sucks.

Not fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Feel free to create a separate thread if you like. I don't think it just doesn't fit in this particular discussion.

Okay Neth, I'll do that then. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Lets see WOW has 2 opposing Factions that hate each other and are at war and players want to kill the other players from the opposing faction.

Yea totally a pve game.

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH

Sums it up there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I go back and forth with PvP and PvE, but this toon was mostly leveled on PvP just because lowbie PvP was fun for me. I'll probably keep her as a PvP toon once she hits 90.

I'd love to see more content for PvP such as battlegrounds that don't rely on cap points or flags. I don't think it's so crazy to ask for a bit more "something" in PvP as it is. World of Warcraft mostly has PvE content, but that doesn't mean PvPers don't play the old PvP content. Warsong Gulch has been there since 1.5 and people still play it, but that argument probably exists just because Molten Core doesn't scale to a player's level. For PvP, "old" battlegrounds are always relevant, so PvP doesn't need as much attention as PvE to stay fresh. I don't play on any PvP servers, so I don't particularly know how wPvP works. I can't say anything about that in particular.

I despise MOBAs with almost everything nasty I can feel for a game, but I think a large battleground in that style would be pretty sweet. I can see that it'd be easily bottable, though, so maybe it's not so good. Breaking away from the argument, what do any pro-PvPers in the thread want to see happen with it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Lets see WOW has 2 opposing Factions that hate each other and are at war and players want to kill the other players from the opposing faction.

Yea totally a pve game.

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH

Sums it up there.

You can fight a faction without having to fight its players

NPCs anyone?
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
03/21/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Erras
And the only acknowledgement that I can actually remember on the issue stated that Blizzard was, in general, happy with the amount of CC involved.

That's not true. There has been plenty of discussion on the issue, and blizz has made changes to cc and a few tests with silences with the last patch. We know they care and listen (read the tweets). It's just a matter of the boss sitting down at the meeting table and saying, "Ok guys, we've spent years giving everybody else what they want, now it's time to do pvp again. Let's get all our best people and work on this until it's up to our standard."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Another random brainstorm idea Neth!

How about Different rulesets for PvP servers and PvE Servers get a different ruleset for PvE ?

Like....all these PvP nerfs/buffs don't apply to a certain server type and only apply to others ?

I think that may be the only way you might be able to do it..

think the devs are open to that ?
Edited by Crotis on 3/21/2013 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Nethaera
You suck...

I am so saving this quote for later use. It will be right up there with...
04/10/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Bashiok
Your argument is invalid.

Who's to say PvE subs aren't dropping and PvP subs are growing or staying the same?
Blizzard? Their actions speak to the data they collect. Funny how they still add more PvE content to the game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/21/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Mirisanelle

Who do I talk to?

How does this get fixed?

I think the single biggest issue, is PvE being impacted by PvP nerfs. Many PvE'rs blame the the entire system and players involved, for it. Which is misplaced anger, because it's basically Blizzard's refusal to separate the two systems.

Want to talk to someone? Want to see it fixed? Convince Blizzard to extricate their heads from their rear ends, and finally put an end to changes in either system, effecting the other. It's unnecessary, it's inefficient, and should never have happened in the first place. It would also negate a large proportion of the animosity both sides have towards each other (regardless of the fact that that animosity is misplaced)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]