Isle of Thunder Server Participation

90 Pandaren Shaman
We are a bit behind as a server on unlocking the Isle of Thunder stages. Each day is ending around 30-50% participation. This means we are progressing at about half the rate we could be towards the final stages.

The final stages of the island give everyone access to the Legendary Meta Gems, more rares, the Thunderforge for crafted gear as well as another World Boss. The boss, Nalak, is far easier than Oondasta and will give everyone access to a faction tagged boss that drops raid quality loot, as well as PVP gear (basically Sha 2.0)

So what does this mean? How do we increase participation? Simply do one quest a day on the island if you go there. The game tracks each character who goes to Isle of Thunder and then looks at how many of them did a daily quest. The resulting percentage is our participation that decides how much credit we get for the day. If you are on the island, try and make an effort to do just one quest and make the bar move faster for everyone. (Doing more quests should have no impact, just do one if you don't care to do more.)

I'm not naive enough to think many people even read this forum, so please remind people in the zone to do their one quest while camping rares, farming pet battles, etc. Yes, some people will mock it, just ignore them, but if you motivate even a couple to do a quest that they otherwise wouldn't we'll get more progress.

This doesn't just benefit the raiders, it gives everyone on the server access to goodies. Lets get it here faster by putting in a couple minutes each day that you go to the island.
Edited by Moshne on 3/21/2013 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Horde-side on the island there's at least two people a day asking if the "new stuff" is up yet, hearing "no" and then refusing to do dailies because they're "sick of them". You need to help, even by doing one daily, if you want the "new stuff".

Stop making me a sad panda.
Edited by Sadpanda on 3/21/2013 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
So much of this. I want to kill Nalak. <3

I was unaware of the just 1 daily quest part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
But I already got my Green Fire book, why do I want to go back?

Stop making me a sad panda.

Fine, but only because your name is awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
What sucks even more is that I got some guildies who are doing 1 daily at least on every alt that has already visited the island so we might get more % towards the island and tbh...it doesn't look like it helps. =/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Fine, but only because your name is awesome.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
What sucks even more is that I got some guildies who are doing 1 daily at least on every alt that has already visited the island so we might get more % towards the island and tbh...it doesn't look like it helps. =/

This does help, but it only helps up the percentage slowly. Basically the difference in going from 1/10 to 2/11 vs. 2/10. You really need to get the people who are going and doing nothing to participate.

@Ahyera: You don't have to go back. But if you do, please just do a quest. It isn't measuring everyone online, just everyone who goes to the island. The only people who are a problem are those that go to the island and don't do a quest. Staying in Two Moons/Seven Stars has no impact on the numbers.

I'm not clear if queuing LFR counts as "on the island", but going to the raid zone will as you'll most likely have to step outside either on a death or just getting summoned in.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah, I try to avoid going to the Isle if I'm not going to do the dailies, but a few times my husband has conned me into helping him with something.

As for LFR and the Isle, I'm pretty sure if you die you end up in your server's graveyard so there's the possibility it counts.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Currently sitting at 23%, pretty absurdly low.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Now it's at 21%.. what the heck people!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I dont think anyone truly cares. Im sure once you get there you will get there plain and simple as that. People pay there 15$ a month to do with it as they please and if not assisting with opening up the isle is part of there goal then they dont have to assist. Might as well just give up this post cause it wont help by any means.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It has already helped. I've received responses in game from people who didn't know how the system worked and began doing a quest a day.

The isle participation system isn't intuitive at all. You get rewards for killing rares, but it doesn't count towards participation. At least one person was under the impression that camping rares all day was actually helping. Another who thought doing all the dailies on one character was helpful, but wasn't doing them on another (when doing one on each instead would be better than doing the 10+ on a single one.)

All we can do is get the information out, if you want to spend your $15 to get content slower, that is up to you.
Edited by Moshne on 3/23/2013 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I agree Moshne; your information on the participation system was quite educational. I will pass this information along to guildies in the hope that we can help move progress along.

And really, do we need more Sad Pandas?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There can be only one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I completely agree Moshne, the simple fact that we have been sitting between 20-25% for the past 2 days in a bit absurd, even if people dislike doing dailies. I understand that dailies can be tedious, but that's why Bliz created both the pve and pvp dailies, try something different if you haven't already. Personally I consider a server and the faction I'm on/in as a community (mainly because it is and is considered one) and like to help it out even if it takes time out of my day to do, helping out the server and it's players is not a bad thing.

I will carry this info onto my guild. And I'm hoping we can get the Thunder Forge open today! :)

~Soul
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
That and you only need to do one, not all of them. we have gone up to 28%, which is good though. Like today, all you have to do today is literally grab the bird daily, go grab a bird, and turn it in. don't even have to fight any mobs or anything. Get your participation buff and done for day.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Stage four has opened today. Is that really all that slow?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well, the goal is Stage 5. We are ahead of some servers, behind others. It is really a matter of making sure we aren't at the back of the list to keep our server enticing to others. A big part of server health is making sure you can attract players to come to it, and an event like this is a nice barometer.

Additionally, the boss only unlocks at Stage 5, and you really want to make sure he unlocks at least the same weekly lockout as the other servers so we don't miss an opportunity to kill him. If he was tied to Stage 4 for instance, we'd have been behind a week as other servers started opening up last weekend, but others didn't until very later on Monday morning, which would have meant we had no opportunity to kill him in last week's lockout.

As Omega pointed out, doing one daily takes very little time and you do actually receive some benefit from it. You will have the 10% extra mount speed and reduced summon time for the rest of the day, which makes getting from one rare to another, or whatever else it is you are doing on the island much easier.
Edited by Moshne on 3/26/2013 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
At this rate we won't see nalak this reset unless everyone busted hard rest of week if they wanted another weeks worth of 522 gear. do one daily on every char you have and make that participation jump last few days of this week and push BEFORE weekly reset. at this point the odds of that are super slim unless participation jumps to like 80% by some miracle. But hey, i can dream.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]