It's Almost Official (Goodbye Thread)

90 Undead Rogue
So, I cancelled my subscription a while ago but thanks to a hefty prepay schedule, I'm still paid up through April. I had thought I'd still be playing at least occasionally until then, but real life hasn't especially supported that. In any case, I just wanted to get a goodbye in so I don't forget about it before the subscription lapses. I will try not to make it too sappy just in case I chicken out and resub at the last minute.

Anyway, it's been fun, guys. Mostly I'm quitting because I have too much RL stuff going on right now to make paying for/playing WoW practical. I've generally enjoyed the game the most when I had hours and hours to sink into it. I know that MoP is supposed to be geared toward casual players, but raiding for me was less about seeing content than the fun of the group and working toward a goal. Most of the things that are accessible to casual players aren't really things I'm interested in (LFR, pet battles). The fact that it seems like nearly everything I would want to do in game is based on dailies now makes gameplay feel more like doing chores. I'm not really trying to complain about the game, it just doesn't make sense for me to be playing right now.

Honestly it's really been the awesome people I've met along the way that have made me even stick around this long. I will miss the forums most of all. So, to you guys, I've had a lot of fun [discussing/arguing/derailing/general silliness/trolling/frontier justice] with you over the years. I'm sure I'll be back sooner or later. Save me a barstool and a helmet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I wish you luck in real life Stoni, It's been fun. I'll save you a chair and a helmet...Of course the chair will have a whoopee cushion on it and the inside of the helmet will be paved with peanut butter. But you should expect no less.

Much love, your frenemy Hold.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
/hug

I understand completely. Earlier tonight I was thinking about logging into game and realized there was nothing I really wanted to do. The game is all about raiding with friends for me now. There's really nothing else interesting about it. The rest is just pointless chores to waste time.

Hope you enjoy whatever new adventues cross your path and that some day things might change so we get the pleasure of your company again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
the inside of the helmet will be paved with peanut butter

Eliminating the need to choose between brain safety and a healthy snack! You're so innovative.

Hope you enjoy whatever new adventues cross your path and that some day things might change so we get the pleasure of your company again.

I've still got about a month of forum lurking left, after that I will and thanks.
Reply Quote
Have fun in the real world!
Reply Quote
love and laughter be with you Stoni, we have never really crossed paths much, but I do send you the warmest of wishes in your life!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Stoni, you are in my top five "most awesome people I've met online" list. I fully expect you come by the guild forum once in a while... don't make me FB stalk you. You and your glorious stabbiness will be greatly missed.

hugs and love and one last stab for the road *pokes Stoni with her dull healing dagger*
/salute

Elori
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'll be stalking you after you leave WoW. A lil creepy but I know you like it!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I completely understand where you are coming from, Stoni. I am more or less in the same boat. Dailies quickly turn the game into a second job, and the LFD/R, as much as I liked the idea when they came out, seem to have really removed that BwR is "home" feeling. To me at least.

Best of luck to you out there in RL, and I'll see you back in game when we both give in and re-subscribe. =P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I completely understand where you are coming from, Stoni. I am more or less in the same boat. Dailies quickly turn the game into a second job, and the LFD/R, as much as I liked the idea when they came out, seem to have really removed that BwR is "home" feeling. To me at least.

Best of luck to you out there in RL, and I'll see you back in game when we both give in and re-subscribe. =P

BLACKHOWL MISS YOU BOTH ALREADY. BLACKHOWL WILL COME BACK WHEN YOU BOTH DO. BLACKHOWL LOVE ZALAR AND HAVE DIRTY PICTURES OF STONI.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You guys are awesome and the reason I will miss this game.

DIRTY PICTURES OF STONI.

Every picture of Stoni is a dirty picture.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Every picture of Stoni is a dirty picture.

BLACKHOWL SERENADE YOU NOW.

*Puts on his old copy of Boyz II Men*

HOW DO BLACKHOWL SAY GOODBYE
TO WHAT THE COMPANY HAD
THE RAID TIMES MADE US LAUGH
OUTWEIGH THE FAIL LOOT BAGS.

BLACKHOWL THOUGHT WE'D SEE END OF XPAC
BUT SUB'S GONE AWAY
IT SO HARD TO SAY GOODBYE TO STONI

BLACKHOWL NOT KNOW WHERE RAID
IS GOING TO LEAD
ALL BLACKHOWL KNOW IS WHERE RAID WAS
AND WHAT BOSSES WE WENT THROUGH

IF WE GET TO SEE NEXT XPAC
BLACKHOWL HOPE IT WORTH THE WAIT

AND BLACKHOWL TAKE WITH BLACKHOWL THE LOOT
TO BE BLACKHOWL'S EPICS AFTER THE RAID

AND BLACKHOWL TAKE WITH BLACKHOWL THE LOOT
TO BE BLACKHOWL'S EPICS AFTER THE RAID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6m-nhUcos
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
We've only chatted a handful of times, and that was years ago. That being written, the fact I'm posting in your good bye thread should say a lot about the kind of person you are.

BWR will miss ya.
Edited by Buthaleîrus on 3/26/2013 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]