Lead PvP Designer Confirms Global WW at 2%

90 Human Warlock
lol ww monks. Just reroll already blizz dgaf.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

yolo swagger
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/21/2013 10:42 PMPosted by Zherikk
And yet you are far more represented at 2200 and up than WW Monks, at 3.3%. Stop looking at a class in a vacuum. Try looking at the entire toolkit, but this might be too much to ask.

Last I checked DEMO had only a handful at 2200+. Destro and Afflic are higher. But we're just talking about our one specs now aren't we.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I could give a damn about representation. JUST MAKE MY CLASS VIABLE!

I'm pretty sure that word doesn't mean what you think it means. See below for further details.

vi·a·ble
[vahy-uh-buhl] Show IPA
adjective
capable of living.

vi·a·ble Pronunciation (v-bl)
adj.
1. Capable of living, developing, or germinating under favorable conditions.
2. Capable of living outside the uterus. Used of a fetus or newborn.
3. Capable of success or continuing effectiveness; practicable: a viable plan; a viable national economy. See Synonyms at possible.

vi·a·ble
adjective \ˈvī-ə-bəl\
Definition of VIABLE
: capable of living; especially : having attained such form and development as to be normally capable of surviving outside the mother's womb <a viable fetus>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The only issue with WW monks is that it takes some time to build 10stacks of TEB in a pvp environment(around a minute in an "okay" scenario). Which is actually perfect when you think of the one minute on use trinket... however, this means they lack the ability to put up decent counter pressure in the early game.

Their sustained is more than fine. And they don't need a passive damage reduction with all the tools they have. Just simply give them like a 3min CD or something that instantly gives them 10stacks of TEB. And bam. All of their arena issues are solved. Really. The only thing that monks lack is on demand burst in the early game. Which is somewhat of an issue with the current style of arena game play(having to wait a minute to do awesome damage usually means that you end up behind).
Edited by Deotwo on 3/22/2013 3:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The only issue with WW monks is that it takes some time to build 10stacks of TEB in a pvp environment

There's way more issues than that.

Their sustained is more than fine

Mediocre sustained in 3s. Goes kinda limp vs plate. Goes extremely limp vs prot specced flag carriers. Bottom tier sustained in rbgs.

03/22/2013 03:01 AMPosted by Deotwo
And they don't need a passive damage reduction with all the tools they have.

Leather armor with no passive reduction. Squishiest class in the game. Definitely do need better reduction.

You are an ignorant warrior. Your opinion is wrong. Don't post in any more threads about monks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
03/22/2013 04:11 AMPosted by Teslamonk
The only issue with WW monks is that it takes some time to build 10stacks of TEB in a pvp environment

There's way more issues than that.

Their sustained is more than fine

Mediocre sustained in 3s. Goes kinda limp vs plate. Goes extremely limp vs prot specced flag carriers. Bottom tier sustained in rbgs.

03/22/2013 03:01 AMPosted by Deotwo
And they don't need a passive damage reduction with all the tools they have.

Leather armor with no passive reduction. Squishiest class in the game. Definitely do need better reduction.

You are an ignorant warrior. Your opinion is wrong. Don't post in any more threads about monks.

I have a monk.

With all the tools that a monk has, a passive damage reduction would be over the top. Especially against melee. They would simply have to lose things to gain a passive damage reduction. Maybe they could use help against casters, but I don't think it's an issue.

I mean, spriest and mages are just crazy atm. And I expect them to get toned down.

Monks are on a fine line atm. You'd be surprised how little it would take to push them over the top. Their sustained is fine in arenas. All melee are bad in RBGs so I have no comment there.

You can call me ignorant, but I for shoot balance(or what I would see as balanced). Not a broken game. If monks were to get a passive damage reduction/survivability buff with more damage, they would be the best melee in arenas... Especially with the state of RoP atm.
Edited by Deotwo on 3/22/2013 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All melee are bad in RBGs so I have no comment there.

Dks are amazing. Rogues are fine.

I mean, spriest and mages are just crazy atm. And I expect them to get toned down.

They are crazy, and they're not going to get toned down.

. If monks were to get a passive damage reduction/survivability buff with more damage, they would be the best melee in arenas... Especially with the state of RoP atm.

Revert the damage nerfs we got in 5.2. Tiger stance gives 20% again, RSK gives 15% debuff, Spinning fire blossom scales with agi and doesn't cost chi when it misses. Give us 10% damage reduction or +120% armor like feral. Nerf RoP to the ground, I don't really care. Just make it totally useless so people stop whining and I'll happily go back to leg sweeping.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
03/22/2013 04:36 AMPosted by Deotwo
With all the tools that a monk has, a passive damage reduction would be over the top.

you wear plate AND you have access to your tanking stance.

monks wear leather AND have no access to their tanking stance.

even if you reverted monks %10 dmg nerf, they would still be struggling, the class has MANY issues.

btw there is not a single ww monk above 2200 in US 3vs3. it is actually the worst a class has ever been in arena history.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Monks have no survivability issues out side of - Mistakes in Defensive CD/CC Management or Being caught with your stuff in CD (in which case your partners should help you?). Their defensive strength is basically nulling out someone going swifty.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
03/22/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Fashtatku
With all the tools that a monk has, a passive damage reduction would be over the top.

even if you reverted monks %10 dmg nerf, they would still be struggling, the class has MANY issues.

btw there is not a single ww monk above 2200 in US 3vs3. it is actually the worst a class has ever been in arena history.

Actually there is one http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Callofdoody/simple
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Actually there is one http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Callofdoody/simple

Here's some more monks:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Nauree/pvp#bgs
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Reqy/pvp#bgs
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior

my bad, ok there is 1 above 2200.. by 3 rating...with a %60 ratio..

how low does representation have to get before blizzard does something.
Edited by Fashtatku on 3/22/2013 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

my bad, ok there is 1 above 2200.. by 3 rating...with a %60 ratio..

how low does representation have to get before blizzard does something.

Idk if you notice but the vast majority of the battlegroups dont have too many teams above 2200 as is for now.... So yeh, you'll start seeing some more WWs once they get their Tyrannical gear I promise.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
if monks started at level 70 there would be about fifty million more of them
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
WW of fine. There are 11x3+1= 34 classes. For perfect balance there needs to be roughly 2.94% representation per class (that's including tank specs).

If you look at Season 12 warriors at 22% and think other classes are underrepresented because they aren't top then your doing it wrong. If you think 22% is needed to be viable then there would literally be about 4 specs you can arena with.

WW is actually good considering that we currently have classes over represented, thus lowering the representation of other classes by default.

Other factors such as class popularity take place, which makes these ranks even more pointless, people had 7 years to main a warrior and about 6 months to play Monk, even if everyone in the game had a monk level 90 fully geared on their character screen right now, 7 years of experience on 1 class won't make them 2.2k viable on a Melee DPS.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
WW of fine. There are 11x3+1= 34 classes. For perfect balance there needs to be roughly 2.94% representation per class (that's including tank specs).

If you look at Season 12 warriors at 22% and think other classes are underrepresented because they aren't top then your doing it wrong. If you think 22% is needed to be viable then there would literally be about 4 specs you can arena with.

WW is actually good considering that we currently have classes over represented, thus lowering the representation of other classes by default.

Other factors such as class popularity take place, which makes these ranks even more pointless, people had 7 years to main a warrior and about 6 months to play Monk, even if everyone in the game had a monk level 90 fully geared on their character screen right now, 7 years of experience on 1 class won't make them 2.2k viable on a Melee DPS.

The problem is the %2 is for monks OVERALL, not just ww monks. The OP missed that point aswell.

WW representation is under %1, theres only 1 monk team in the US above 2200, and its 2203 lol.

And people need to stop using the excuse that its a new class, MOP has been out for 7 months now, that is more than enough time to fully master a class, its actually a huge advantage atm that other players don't understand monks. I win countless games because players dps into my touch of karma etc.
Reply Quote
personally i can see why it's representation is so low. i can see how not many people are compelled literally spin around the arena like a ballerina dancer, roll around the arena looking retarded to jab and roundhouse people just to get outpreformed by every single other melee and/or die when karma is on cd. it's a dumb class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]