thoughts on rewards for 2200

90 Human Warlock
Ok a minor enchant is fine but if your trying to make people that acheved 2200 stand out why not just make a pvp transmog set like you did for pve challange modes? Even tabards, mounts, etc. I would like to hear other peoples thoughs on this even a thought from blizzard emp.
Reply Quote
8 Gnome Warrior
what about the other difficult achievs....why not give nice bonuses for most all pvp achievs rather than titles which now don't stand for squat....

Personally it's gotten now where no 1 stands out

personally there should be reward or bonuses on completing certain things in short amount of times...
Edited by Bokbok on 3/20/2013 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
For me I dislike how good players get more stats and get to become even harder to kill. By all means give 2200 players something but don't unbalence the game more than it is.

I like the idea of a transmog set or titles. I don't think that people play 3v3 for gear alone and I don't think any 2200 players would really be mad if you took it out. I enjoy the grind for gear at the beginning at the season. Last season tho I just found that I had mal and would be stomped by teams that had elite. And it made the whole season unenjoyable. I don't want to repeat last season.

I will have to see if the enchant will make that big of a difference as it is to early in the season. Only time will tell
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/21/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Phonetic
For me I dislike how good players get more stats and get to become even harder to kill. By all means give 2200 players something but don't unbalence the game more than it is.

You wouldn't be killing someone who actually earned 2200 regardless because they are obviously better than you.

Highest 5 man personal rating 1,500
Highest 3 man personal rating 1,676
Highest 2 man personal rating 1,586

You deserve T2 weapon's why exactly? Last time i checked you won't be running in T2 geared people in your bracket and this is nothing more than you standing there with your hand out because you can't earn the item yourself.

I like the idea of a transmog set or titles. I don't think that people play 3v3 for gear alone and I don't think any 2200 players would really be mad if you took it out. I enjoy the grind for gear at the beginning at the season. Last season tho I just found that I had mal and would be stomped by teams that had elite. And it made the whole season unenjoyable. I don't want to repeat last season.

Ohh im glad you like the idea of getting to decide what other people should get for being better. What's next your going to decide how much doctors should be paid because you think its unfair that you make less?

The funniest part is your here discussing what is a fair reward for something you will NEVER even come close to getting. So call me crazy but i would say your biased and just whining that you couldn't get 2200. You talking about getting held back by people with T2 is absolutely hilarious to me. I wish i could see how many T2 people you have ran into during your tremendous clime to the 1700s bracket. I bet i could count it on 1 hand and here you are justifying blizzard removing any reward/incentive to be better in this game. What's next are you gonna cry that better people with higher ratings are receiving too many points compared to you and that one extra ring that other DK had is why he beat me with 70% health left.

I will have to see if the enchant will make that big of a difference as it is to early in the season. Only time will tell

400 pvp power and 200 resil doesn't do much at all and is hardly a reward for people being that much better than you.

I just love this game back when i used T2 all through wotlk/cata i would duel the same class and dominate them with 80% life left and not using half the CDs they did. They would blame this on the T2 weapon and it seems enough of them think in this moronic way and managed to ruin it for the good people that actually earn their T2.

This is just a continuation of the butcher job that happened at the beginning of cata.

WOTLK
1650-2000(if i remember correctly) T1 armor and weapon
2200 for T2
2300 for Tabard.

Cata
2200 for T2
Tabard REMOVED
T1 Rating Requirement REMOVED

MoP
T2 Rating Requirement REMOVED
2200 for cosmetic set and a crappy enchant
Edited by Wyndoor on 3/21/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Why should 2200 rating be the threshold that seperates good players from bad players because of an artificial reward that gives players an advantage over lower rated players?

Realistically speaking, there shouldn't be rewards that increase the gear gap so much that new players can't compete on the damage/healing levels that players with t2 weapons can do.

What there should be for players with higher skill levels:
- Arena titles
- A tabard like the ones in s6/s7/s8
- Gladiator mounts
- R1 titles

You shouldn't need a special reward to incentivize you to play. You should play because you enjoy playing and having fun.
Edited by Palinck on 3/21/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why should 2200 rating be the threshold that seperates good players from bad players because of an artificial reward that gives players an advantage over lower rated players?

Realistically speaking, there shouldn't be rewards that increase the gear gap so much that new players can't compete on the damage/healing levels that players with t2 weapons can do.

What there should be for players with higher skill levels:
- Arena titles
- A tabard like the ones in s6/s7/s8
- Gladiator mounts
- R1 titles

Realistically speaking, people should be rewarded for being better at something. The only people that disagree with this are the lazy fails who can't earn it themselves. I suppose a doctor that spent 8 years in college should earn the same as someone who went straight to mcdonalds because it's not fair for someone who put more work into something to get more out of it?

- Arena titles - I dont care one bit about titles and alot of people share this opinion, you of course make it out to be something great because its something you will never have to worry about receiving.
- A tabard like the ones in s6/s7/s8 - Sure let me take my tabard of lightbringer off my chars to use some crappy one no thanks.
- Gladiator mounts - refer to my tabard comment
- R1 titles - R1 has always been polluted with win trading and all sorts of cheating and yet again who cares about a title?

You shouldn't even be allowed to post in a thread mentioning T2 until you have actually earned it once yourself.
You shouldn't need a special reward to incentivize you to play. You should play because you enjoy playing and having fun.

You keep telling yourself that since your too lazy/dumb to earn it yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
either way shouldn't be anything that helps another player stat wise
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
Ark
03/21/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Wyndoor

You wouldn't be killing someone who actually earned 2200 regardless because they are obviously better than you.

Highest 3 man personal rating 1,676
Highest 2 man personal rating 1,586

You deserve T2 weapon's why exactly? Last time i checked you won't be running in T2 geared people in your bracket and this is nothing more than you standing there with your hand out because you can't earn the item yourself.

Ohh im glad you like the idea of getting to decide what other people should get for being better. What's next your going to decide how much doctors should be paid because you think its unfair that you make less?

The funniest part is your here discussing what is a fair reward for something you will NEVER even come close to getting. So call me crazy but i would say your biased and just whining that you couldn't get 2200. You talking about getting held back by people with T2 is absolutely hilarious to me. I wish i could see how many T2 people you have ran into during your tremendous clime to the 1700s bracket. I bet i could count it on 1 hand and here you are justifying blizzard removing any reward/incentive to be better in this game. What's next are you gonna cry that better people with higher ratings are receiving too many points compared to you and that one extra ring that other DK had is why he beat me with 70% health left.

400 pvp power and 200 resil doesn't do much at all and is hardly a reward for people being that much better than you.

I just love this game back when i used T2 all through wotlk/cata i would duel the same class and dominate them with 80% life left and not using half the CDs they did. They would blame this on the T2 weapon and it seems enough of them think in this moronic way and managed to ruin it for the good people that actually earn their T2.

This is just a continuation of the butcher job that happened at the beginning of cata.

WOTLK
1650-2000(if i remember correctly) T1 armor and weapon
2200 for T2
2300 for Tabard.

Cata
2200 for T2
Tabard REMOVED
T1 Rating Requirement REMOVED

MoP
T2 Rating Requirement REMOVED
2200 for cosmetic set and a crappy enchant

damn, you are one angry child.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Highest 3 man personal rating 1,522
Highest 2 man personal rating 1,747

How exactly are you qualified to make any comment's at all on something you aren't even remotely close to accomplishing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/21/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Wyndoor

How exactly are you qualified to make any comment's at all on something you aren't even remotely close to accomplishing?

You do come off as an angry kid. I didn't say that good play shouldn't be rewarded, I said that it shouldn't be rewarded with rewards that create stat differences.

edit: and you STILL didn't address my main point. WoW is the only game that has moved to a system that artificially makes the gap between good players and bad players bigger than just the skill difference, but also a gear difference.

Now the game has a flurry of wintraders who think that they NEED to have the weapons in order to compete.

Now you tell me, do you want another s12?

Do you even still play? Do you know about the current state of PvP and the disgusting lack of integrity between players, their ratings and their experience? Blizzards failure to acknowledge the win trading problems and the gear gap between players?
Edited by Palinck on 3/21/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/21/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Palinck

You do come off as an angry kid. I didn't say that good play shouldn't be rewarded, I said that it shouldn't be rewarded with rewards that create stat differences.

What you suggest is not being rewarded, it's being given useless crap all because a bunch of cry babies can't earn something themselves. As i said above when someone with T2 runs you 1500 scrubs over it's not because he has T2 its because they are much better than you. You guys like to blame it all on the weapon instead of stopping and realizing that person didn't start with a T2 they had to go through the same thing's you did to earn it. The difference is they are much better than you and didn't get stuck @ 1700 and did make it to 2200 to get the weapon.

I know it hurts to admit it but you guys lost because your simply not as good as the person wielding a T2. It's much easier in your minds to blame it on a weapon but you need to wake up and realize its the player not the weapon.

Bottom line is everyone starts on an even playing field at the beginning of an expansion and if you couldn't earn 2200 it is your problem and the people who did earn it shouldn't be penalized for being better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You know for all your effort and time, you could have armoried any of my characters ( my mage ( 2100 2s/3s) , druid( 2100 2s/2k 3s), death knight ( 2k 2s/3s), ret paladin( 2k 3s) and knew that I am not a 1500, or a 1700 player. I plateaud at about 2150 rating and then no longer had the urge to keep playing because my teammates always want to que dodge or avoid playing harder comps.

And never have I once blamed losing to a 2200 player because they had a t2 weapon. The t2 weapon creates a stat difference between players, not a skill difference. Such is why I regularly beat 2200 3s teams in all the seasons that I played arena.

You on the other hand, use your ego and ratings earned in previous seasons ( mind you, while ratings were much more inflated than they were now and also flooded with much more participation, lols9), and still can't make a point as to why Blizzard should make the gap between better players bigger by giving them better weapons/gear.

If you really are good, you won't need a 2200 weapon or special gear to help you win against players of lesser skill than you.

You still come off as an arrogant kid.
Edited by Palinck on 3/21/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/21/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Palinck
You know for all your effort and time, you could have armoried any of my characters ( my mage ( 2100 2s/3s) , druid( 2100 2s/2k 3s), death knight ( 2k 2s/3s), ret paladin( 2k 3s) and knew that I am not a 1500, or a 1700 player. I plateaud at about 2150 rating and then no longer had the urge to keep playing because my teammates always want to que dodge or avoid playing harder comps.

Thats nice and you could armory my chars and see multiple with 2300+ achievements.

And never have I once blamed losing to a 2200 player because they had a t2 weapon. The t2 weapon creates a stat difference between players, not a skill difference. Such is why I regularly beat 2200 3s teams in all the seasons that I played arena.

Yes this is my point the stat difference is not why these 1500 people are getting destroyed so badly. They lose to a T2 person that has 80% hp and all his cds left and cry about the T2 like its the reason behind it. The biggest problem with this entire ordeal is these kids actually believe its the T2 weapon that keeps them from earning it themselves and that's nonsense.

You on the other hand, use your ego and ratings earned in previous seasons ( mind you, while ratings were much more inflated than they were now and also flooded with much more participation, lols9), and still can't make a point as to why Blizzard should make the gap between better players bigger by giving them better weapons/gear.

I have been 2300+ since wotlk, i am sure the current seasons of warriors stunning your entire team and killing you by simply looking at you funny are more balanced lol. I don't care about there being a stat gap between me and the scrubs im going to win regardless. In case you didn't notice the entire reason i don't like this is because a good reward is being taken from me and given to people that don't deserve it. If they want to do this sort of crap there should be a real reward for people who earn 2200, a title and a weapon glow does not cut it at all.

If you really are good, you won't need a 2200 weapon or special gear to help you win against players of lesser skill than you.

Does a rich person irl really NEED multiple cars or a huge house? Of course not its about being rewarded for being successful at something. You obviously are on the wrong side of this argument so feel the need to stand there begging for a hand out.

When will this pathetic coddling end? First all ratings removed from T1 and now T2 as well. What is next you will see people posting here saying this 2300 rated player gets more points and has trinkets and rings and i don't because im only 1500, this isn't fair he beat me because of this OMGGG!!!! You guys keep the supporting of this nonsense up soon everyone will be getting the same amount of points regardless of rating and soon you will be able to get end game PvE gear from running lvl 10 deadmines all so the bads don't feel left out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/21/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Wyndoor
Last time i checked you won't be running in T2 geared people in your bracket

Unfortunately, thanks to RBG's, there are plenty of T2 weapons in lower brackets.

I suppose a doctor that spent 8 years in college should earn the same as someone who went straight to mcdonalds because it's not fair for someone who put more work into something to get more out of it?

That doctor's salary isn't an active obstacle for that kid at McDonald's if he chose to improve his career.

- Arena titles - I dont care one bit about titles and alot of people share this opinion, you of course make it out to be something great because its something you will never have to worry about receiving.
- A tabard like the ones in s6/s7/s8 - Sure let me take my tabard of lightbringer off my chars to use some crappy one no thanks.
- Gladiator mounts - refer to my tabard comment
- R1 titles - R1 has always been polluted with win trading and all sorts of cheating and yet again who cares about a title?

Okay, so pick different rewards that don't have an ill-effect on competition.

You shouldn't even be allowed to post in a thread mentioning T2 until you have actually earned it once yourself.

You'd have a slight point if you're talking about a class balance discussion. There is credence to the idea that taking balance advice from someone who doesn't fully understand some of the spec/classes would be a bad thing. Not that their opinions are always useless, but there is some logic there. Regarding rewards that don't hurt competition though? Having decent ideas there isn't contingent on understanding the finer points of PvP.

I'll reiterate. Because we're not talking about class balance. We're talking about reward that keep the playing field as level as possible. You don't have to be a PvP pro to understand the concept. I may not be able to find some of the more subtle imbalances in arena, but most of the people can understand that more stats > less stats.

Sorry, but the recipients of a rewards shouldn't be the only decision makers regarding that reward. I completely a relatively difficult task at work today, and I believe I deserve a $1,000,000 bonus. I should get it, right?

03/21/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Wyndoor
What you suggest is not being rewarded, it's being given useless crap

This is merely an opinion.

03/21/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Wyndoor
As i said above when someone with T2 runs you 1500 scrubs over it's not because he has T2 its because they are much better than you.

JK RBG carries. Welcome to T2 in the 1400 bracket.

03/21/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Wyndoor
Yes this is my point the stat difference is not why these 1500 people are getting destroyed so badly.

If they're getting destroyed "so badly," then yes, there are probably factors for the loss. But in a close game skill-wise, the fair significant stat difference can determine a win or loss.

Does a rich person irl really NEED multiple cars or a huge house? Of course not its about being rewarded for being successful at something.

Again, those items don't work as a barrier preventing others from getting multiple cars and huge houses.

2300 rated player gets more points and has trinkets and rings and i don't because im only 1500

Actually, the point set up is good in my opinion. It provides an advantage to gearing more quickly as a high-rated player, but it doesn't truly undermine competition the way a permanent stat difference does.

im going to win regardless.

Good for you. These changes don't affect your ability to do that at all, so I don't see what you're so angry about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hello Wyndoor. As you may see I don't arena for anything outside of conquest cap. First of all you are an elitist who chooses to disregard all logic in order to make your self look more powerful or seem better. I will disregard your pathetic attempts to require yourself and others over 2200 to be better than other players based on gearing advantages over skill. I find that many of the players who complain so much about getting more powerful gear at 2200 are mostly whiny people who where either carried or got their rating by shady means (2/2 tier 2 players doing low damage in RBG's and not knowing strat, etc..).

The truth is the only reason people want a stat bonus over other players is because they want to be more powerful and in the competitive arena and some players will do anything to gain this advantage rather than play fairly. This is why players like Barry Bond's have asterisk after their records and Lance Armstrong can't compete. Because instead of playing the game fairly they want to have an unfair advantage over the opponent even if they could beat them with their skill alone. Of course we can't blame the skilled players for being against this that much because Blizzard supported this stat bonus by implementing it. People want to be more powerful rather than play an even match and that is okay, but putting a barrier up such as rating insures that outside of skill a 2200 team will always theoretically beat a 2199 team because of the stat bonuses. Of course when you add in skill then a more skilled 2199 team can beat a 2200 team.

Economics demands that for an environment to be purely competitive it must be standardized and have no barrier for entry. Knowing this, I think we can assume that Blizzard's stance on PVP will never allow it to be purely competitive.

Anyway... In this game gear=skill and it's all about who gets there faster at this point. The implementation of season earned conquest rewards tier 2 items actually rewards the dedicated player as well as the skilled player so it's hard to see why anyone would be against this change. I do disagree with Blizzard taking away the rewards for 2200 players outside of getting tier 2 gear earlier and a pvp enchant. I think most people would love if they added in some tabard's/transmog gear/ other vanity items as a reward for players of various skills with more and more options being opened up as you advance in rating.

I think that Blizzard should allow players above 2200 or 2400 to be able to purchase earlier seasons elite gear for transmog.
Edited by Portalgun on 3/21/2013 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think that Blizzard should allow players above 2200 or 2400 to be able to purchase earlier seasons elite gear for transmog.

I've brought this idea up a couple of different times. Once was met with decent acceptance, and another time with a lot of nays. It would need tweaking to ensure that efforts of the past aren't trivialized, but overall a good idea in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Unfortunately, thanks to RBG's, there are plenty of T2 weapons in lower brackets.

Two wrongs make a right? I am just as disgusted with rBGs as i am this joke of a change.

That doctor's salary isn't an active obstacle for that kid at McDonald's if he chose to improve his career.

People with T2 aren't keeping these 1500 rated scrubs from getting a higher rating. The only time i will remotely buy this nonsense is if someone has a highest rating of 2150-2199 then you could say ohh i keep running into T2 people lower than that though i dont think so, the thing holding you back is how bad you are :)

Okay, so pick different rewards that don't have an ill-effect on competition.

I could make a list all day it will get nothing done.

I'll reiterate. Because we're not talking about class balance. We're talking about reward that keep the playing field as level as possible. You don't have to be a PvP pro to understand the concept. I may not be able to find some of the more subtle imbalances in arena, but most of the people can understand that more stats > less stats.

The people complaining aren't being affected by T2 is my point. You have these people complaining that T2 is holding them back. Do you honestly think T2 is keeping these people down that can't break 1600?

Sorry, but the recipients of a rewards shouldn't be the only decision makers regarding that reward. I completely a relatively difficult task at work today, and I believe I deserve a $1,000,000 bonus. I should get it, right?

People are rewarded for being the best at work. Let's say you work in some sort of sales company and you happen to sale the most out of everyone. Would you be happy if your reward was a t-shirt instead of an actual money bonus lol?

This is merely an opinion.

Yes everyone has opinions and i am not the only person pissed off about these dumb changes.

If they're getting destroyed "so badly," then yes, there are probably factors for the loss. But in a close game skill-wise, the fair significant stat difference can determine a win or loss.

When they provide a screenshot of them losing by 5% health i will consider it to be T2 causing the problem, until then its nothing but cry babies wanting a hand out and something to blame their fail skills on.

Again, those items don't work as a barrier preventing others from getting multiple cars and huge houses.

Of course they do lol, some things are very expensive because the rich people can afford it. This directly prevents other people from buying it until they are rich themselves. This is understood if you want the best you work and earn it. Yes this is a game but it should still reward the best and not just be handing out BMWs to everyone that has a cavalier just because they whine enough.

Actually, the point set up is good in my opinion. It provides an advantage to gearing more quickly as a high-rated player, but it doesn't truly undermine competition the way a permanent stat difference does.

Ohh i agree the point system is fine, what i said was just to demonstrate my point. These people will never be happy and it will never be enough. Since they don't have T2 to complain about it will be that the higher rated person is a few pieces ahead of them and they will want that solved for them as well.

Good for you. These changes don't affect your ability to do that at all, so I don't see what you're so angry about.

I have said why i dont agree with this. It would be like if i went to medical school for years, became a doctor and then they told me im not allowed to buy anything nice that im stuck with the same stuff as the people who didn't goto college and are flipping burgers.

It is common practice in life that better people are rewarded with better things. It is that simple and its how everything is ran. You don't see people IRL crying that the guy in the Porsche passed their civic on the highway and they couldn't keep up that they deserve a porsche for free too. It is common sense and people understand this. They feel that since this is a game they pay monthly for that they are entitled to everything with 0 effort and thats why this game has gone down the toilet and continues to lose customers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/21/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Scirøn

I've brought this idea up a couple of different times. Once was met with decent acceptance, and another time with a lot of nays. It would need tweaking to ensure that efforts of the past aren't trivialized, but overall a good idea in my opinion.

Ohh so you have liked the arena set every season and find simply getting transmog crap to be s suitable reward for being the best?

Highest 3 man personal rating 1,713
Highest 2 man personal rating 1,677

Ohh of course who would of guessed someone who's too bad to ever receive the reward thinking its fine to make the reward useless. What your doing is comparable to saying what a doctor should be paid while your working drive thru at wendys.
Edited by Wyndoor on 3/21/2013 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
xmog gear like the challenge mode gear?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
xmog gear like the challenge mode gear?

PvErs are already rewarded by how far they make it into the content which is the complete opposite of how PvP is atm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]