thoughts on rewards for 2200

I've played ret and holy at the 2300 MMR s8-s10. I've earned 2.2k through different comps and different people all around.

I absolutely love making gear all the same. Rating is all that matters to me. Having gear on all the same level makes competition all the more vibrant and alive which is a good thing. We need more arena participation and this is how we do it. No gear disparities. Let competition be about skill.

I do however want more rewards along the way for everyone. So many good suggestions have been thrown around from on-demand titles for certain ratings to Flag of Ownership-esque banners for PvP. Tabards would be really nice to bring back.

2.2k should grant access to "elite" and re-colored conquest gear for the season. Maybe reaching 2.3k would mail you a token which would grant access to a specific vendor for an hour or two which sold you "elite" transmog armor from a previous season. This token can only be earned once per season.

Bring on the cosmetic rewards so I can show off the ratings I earn.
Edited by Graphite on 3/22/2013 4:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This is getting good (pulls out popcorn)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I do however want more rewards along the way for everyone. So many good suggestions have been thrown around from on-demand titles for certain ratings to Flag of Ownership-esque banners for PvP. Tabards would be really nice to bring back.

2.2k should grant access to "elite" and re-colored conquest gear for the season. Maybe reaching 2.3k would mail you a token which would grant access to a specific vendor for an hour or two which sold you "elite" transmog armor from a previous season. This token can only be earned once per season.

Any of these sounds fine. That's a nice restriction on an idea to unlock old elite sets as well.

EDIT: Typing is hard.
Edited by Scirøn on 3/22/2013 4:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I've played ret and holy at the 2300 MMR s8-s10. I've earned 2.2k through different comps and different people all around.

I absolutely love making gear all the same. Rating is all that matters to me. Having gear on all the same level makes competition all the more vibrant and alive which is a good thing. We need more arena participation and this is how we do it. No gear disparities. Let competition be about skill.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Heliosphan/statistic#21:152

Highest 5 man personal rating 2,038
Highest 3 man personal rating 2,211
Highest 2 man personal rating 2,151

Actually you barely managed 2200 and for some reason felt the need to come here flapping your gums. Of course you want to down play and upgrade your not capable of getting anymore lol. None of you mouth breathers standing there with your hands out will ever understand. Too busy begging for hand outs instead of working to earn something.

Any of these sounds fine. That's a nice restriction on an idea to unlock old elite sets as well.

EDIT: Typing is hard.

Of course they sound fine to you, why don't we also discuss a 6000 rating achievement or maybe what the president gets paid considering none of us will ever get it and it wont ever effect us in any way just like the 2200 one wont effect you. Perhaps it can give you 10g for getting it.

It's quite easy to sit here picking out awful rewards for something you yourself will never ever earn and have to worry about.
Edited by Wyndoor on 3/22/2013 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
wyndoor s9 forum hero
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Palinck the season never hero?

Highest 5 man personal rating 1,500
Highest 3 man personal rating 1,923
Highest 2 man personal rating 2,163
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
wyndoor s9 forum hero
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thanks for the laughs Wyndoor.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Indeed I have had quite a few good laughs myself at these bad players coming up with every excuse in the book as to why they deserve the best rewards.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
wyndoor s9 forum hero
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I am not sure if i am the only one to notice.. but before mid 2011... Lord Wyndoor was just a Rival title... I mean....... Idk about you but i am thinking about 150 USD later... Here we are and he has 2400 achieve? Obvious carry.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Zzzzz you fail at armory trolling, pally was 2300+ in wotlk zzzzzz. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, has a lot in common with your ability to actually earn T2.
Edited by Wyndoor on 3/22/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
My DK Zexeta already has duelist/rival next please :)
Edited by Wyndoor on 3/22/2013 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Couldnt help but notice your DK isn't wielding T2.... Just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Oh and your mage has... 140 3v3 matches won... please tell us again how you had to "GRIND" to 2200 in 3s.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

DK has 120 total 3v3 played... Please go on about your amazing accomplishment of coming from the sewers to Gladiator... Or does everyone on Skullcrusher Wintrade?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yes it takes me about 2 hours to get 2200 its quite easy when you actually win :) Sorry i am not awful and require hundreds of games just to be stuck @ 1600 like most of you.
Edited by Wyndoor on 3/22/2013 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
anyone who actually enjoys high level competitive arena shouldn't give two !@#$s about removing the 2200 barrier, ESPECIALLY since most people who got t2 had it from RBGs

most ppl would rather have an even playing field, with cosmetic rewards from higher ratings

if you're actually good, you'll still be high rated, and if you're not you'll still struggle to get 2200.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I really think this mage needs to rethink his priorities in life if he's getting this upset over a video game.

Also isn't 2300 in Wrath like 1700 now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]