NPCscan not working, tried everything , help!

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello ,

I recently deleted the game and made a clean download from Blizz site , game installed no problems and I reinstalled all the add-ons I usually work with.

Problem is , _NPCscan is not working for me , it used to work well before reinstalling the game, but that was before patch 5.2 , so I am not sure if the new patch is the problem? or my WOW installation is faulty, and why is NPCscan the only add-on not working?

I checked :“enable outdated add-ons” from game login menu.

I checked: ” Search for completed Achievement NPCs” checkbox.

I cleared cache , always do.

I deleted and reinstalled the add-on , once through curse.com client and once manually.

I disabled all other add-ons to see if anything is interfering with it , still NPCscan dis not work.

I can see the overlay paths on the map , the add-on seems to work on player’s pets “jadefang & Skoll” , and I see the circle around my character on mini map.

If I use the test button, the add-on sound the alert , but it never gives me alerts on rares , not even when I click on them.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for help
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Shut down wow, and go to your wow folder. Find WTF folder. Search all the subfolders in it for all of the files with NPCScan in the name. Make sure you check all folders as they will be all over the place depending on how many characters you have. Delete them all then start up wow. Also clear the cache again just in case.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I deleted both WTF & Cache folders , and started the game , still NPCscan not picking up the rares.

maybe my windows is missing files? "The Witcher 2" is not working due to errors in C++ runtime.

everything else is working though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Ok what rares are we talking about? If you're talking about the newest ones on Isle of Thunder, the addon hasn't been updated for those. You either add them manually (read the addon description for instructions) or you pick up the plugin on curse that adds all rares you come across automatically for you (though you have to see them once first to add them for the future).
Edited by Sedivy on 3/21/2013 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I mean the old ones , Pandaria adds, it picked them up fine many times before I deleted WOW and reinstalled it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh. Ohhhh. Where did you reinstall wow. Into C:/Program Files (x86) ?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

No, installed it into G:/

Why?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
03/22/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Strike

No, installed it into G:/

Why?

Installing WoW in Program Files can cause Windows to redirect its WTF changes to the VirtualStore folder. Since you installed it on your G:\ drive, this shouldn't be an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If you have not installed it in the Program Files on the same drive as your windows, the only other thing I can think of is to go to
//World of Warcraft/Cache/WDB/enUS/creaturecache.wdb
and right click on the file, choose Properties and make sure it's not set to Read Only.
Otherwise not sure what other solution/check to offer you.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/22/2013 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you have not installed it in the Program Files on the same drive as your windows, the only other thing I can think of is to go to
//World of Warcraft/Cache/WDB/enUS/creaturecache.wdb
and right click on the file, choose Properties and make sure it's not set to Read Only.
Otherwise not sure what other solution/check to offer you.

Thank you so much for the help and advice you offered me :) , it helped me a lot.

I am sure now that the error is in my system , not NPCscan or any other presets , I made a clean windows installation , repaired wow , reinstalled everything , and the addon works perfectly now!

I think the problem was in .NET Framework.

Anyway , thanks again for the help:)

Hope you get all the loot you wish for this week:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
NPCSCAN does not work for the new battle pet Unborn Val'kyr.
I am experiencing the Raid warning however, no pet is near where I am. No Pet addons are enabled, cache is cleared.
This has been going on for 24 hours. Is there some other way of finding these pets?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
NPCScan addon description does actually list instructions on how to add mobs to the existing list yourself so if it's not doing it by default, you're not stuck.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I just heard the NPCScan alarm while camping, got excited but upon closer inspection there was no rotating rare mob target icon to click on and when I did a manual /target for the mob it didn't show up. The mob also doesn't show as cached in the add-on option screen. I know I heard it, my volume is turned up and that alarm is indistinguishable.. How can this of happened? False Poseidus alarms?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Maybe a CRZ hit. Sometimes you catch things in other realms but it's not on yours when you land. Not sure but it happened with pets when I was hunting out in the world.
Edited by Vixie on 8/9/2013 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I was thinking that was one of the more obvious fitting reasons, shame that can happen though. It was quite a let down-jumping wet out of the shower with shampoo in the hair-getting keyboard and mouse all wet and sudsy moment! Thinking back it's odd I didn't slip as I somehow made it from shower to PC in less than 3secs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Still though, even if it were Poseidus spawning in another realm and NPCScan picking it up due to CRZ I'd think I'd be able to see/target it. I thought everything was shared in CRZs? I see people from recognized other realms camping near me, don't we all share the same rare spawn?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Were you on the ground? It's different if you're flying. Don't know how it works but I've been fooled into landing on top of a battle pet and it disappears.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I was mounted on the realm-specific seahorse around the spawn spot when I heard it and moved the camera around to look for it as I noticed the rotating clickable NPCScan icon wasn't even up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]