Why don't Holy Paladins have any AOE?

90 Tauren Paladin
In every expansion I've always taken the road of leveling holy knowing full well that it was not the optimal spec for leveling a Paladin. It didn't matter as it was still viable. As long as I managed cooldowns and paid attention, I could level fairly quickly and 'slay x amount of monster y' quests never gave me too much trouble.

Then Mists of Pandaria came out. All we have is a Seal that does basically no damage to multiple targets as our only AoE. Literally no damage at all. It's equivalent to the damage a druid would see at level 40 when using the spell Thorns on themself.

The worst part is that the developers added more packs of AoE mobs that are supposed to be easy because of their reduced HP, but they are way too frustrating for a holy paladin because I have to single target burn upwards of 6 low HP mobs.

http://i.imgur.com/AlGoaqs.jpg -- NIGHTMARE

Why can't we glyph denounce to do some decent AoE damage? Or why couldn't holy paladins still have access to consencrate or divine storm? From a PvP standpoint having those things would not make holy overpowered.

Leveling holy used to be decent but now it isn't fun. It was nerfed no reason. There are loads of fixes that can be implemented that would allow for the class to be able to at least dps down a few targets at the same time but as it stands it is not possible to AOE at all and you must single target every monster.

Single target holy paladin DPS is fine, I would take a nerf to that for one AOE ability.

I had a blast leveling holy in every expac except this one. Was I really expected to regear at 85 just to go ret?

I really would love a blue response on this for peace of mind. It drives me up a wall knowing how much mroe fun I could be having leveling if I had just 1 simple aoe ability that would get surrounding mobs to say, 60%.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Cuz whoever is our designated paladin Dev needs a swift kick in the nutz
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
03/21/2013 07:32 PMPosted by Rubio
I really would love a blue response on this for peace of mind.

You're not going to get it here because Blues almost never pay any attention to the class forums.

As for your actual complaint it is still possible to level as Holy and for the devs I imagine they see that as good enough.

You have dual spec, if you don't want to use it on another actual spec that's your choice.

Would there be any harm in giving Holy Paladins some AoE that's not talented at max level? No. Is it or should it be a major worry? No.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There are a lot of people that prefer to level as holy. We've been complaining about this issue since the beta. There has never been any blue response that I am aware of, so I'm not expecting to get one now. I really do wish we had more in the way of aoe, and there have been some really good suggestions about how it might be implemented.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm still butt hurt that Blizz took Consecration from us Holy Pallys. Need I remind them the spell originated as a 10pt HOLY Talent?

Being forced to reroll Ret just to reach level 90 really pissed me off.
Edited by Liquidrock on 3/22/2013 12:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Bump for blue response.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Bump for blue response.

One you're not supposed to bump threads, two you're not going to get a blue response here. You want a chance at a blue post then go to the Healing forums or General.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/22/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Another misuse of the word 'literally'.

Giving Holy some AoE, pre 90, is probably one of the most unimportant things this game needs at the moment. That's fact, sorry.

I'm looking at your glyphs, and unless armory is completely bugging out again, you might want to drop Final Wrath. Since you don't have that ability in Holy spec. Using the right glyphs might improve your DPS. But so would wearing pants ;o

There might be a tinker somewhere that also might help you. I understand not enchanting at low level, but a few cheap ones won't hurt you.

So again, either armory is bugged, or you are not taking full advantage of your toon's skillset to even be complaining about not having AoE.

e~ icons are hard.
Edited by Vlada on 3/22/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
03/22/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Bump for blue response.

One you're not supposed to bump threads, two you're not going to get a blue response here. You want a chance at a blue post then go to the Healing forums or General.

Any blues wanna prove this pessimist wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Another misuse of the word 'literally'.

Giving Holy some AoE, pre 90, is probably one of the most unimportant things this game needs at the moment. That's fact, sorry.

I'm looking at your glyphs, and unless armory is completely bugging out again, you might want to drop Final Wrath. Since you don't have that ability in Holy spec. Using the right glyphs might improve your DPS. But so would wearing pants ;o

There might be a tinker somewhere that also might help you. I understand not enchanting at low level, but a few cheap ones won't hurt you.

So again, either armory is bugged, or you are not taking full advantage of your toon's skillset to even be complaining about not having AoE.

e~ icons are hard.

I'm aware it's completely unimportant. It's a quality of life thing. I really don't understand why Holy Paladins are such a hassle to level compared to what they've been for the last several years. Single target seems like they put a lot of care into it, the dps is quite high. The class just needs 1 AoE to improve the fun factor. Blizzard has done an excellent job with every other classes viability to level. There was an oversight with giving Holy Paladins an aura that does 100-200 damage for AoE when using abilities. It's not enough. I'm going to be 90 soon and this won't matter to me but I know other players will come along and be frustrated with this too. It should be looked into. It's my right as a player to suggest these things, don't get so upset that I'm doing so.

Such a negative fanbase. I miss the vanilla days when I could just suggest crap and be on my way. Even if it didn't get a blue response most players would at least listen to what I had to say instead of insulting the fact that I was giving my input. lol.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Another misuse of the word 'literally'.Giving Holy some AoE, pre 90, is probably one of the most unimportant things this game needs at the moment. That's fact, sorry.

Another misuse of the word "fact".

What you have described is what is known as an opinion, sorry.

It's a common fallacy that players think the devs can only work on one thing at a time, despite how completely wasteful that would be, and completely unrealistic it would be from a management standpoint. Tossing a bunch of programmers at the same task doesn't get you results faster.

So in a large game like this, there are many different people working on all sorts of different aspects of the game. Just recently they made it a point to correct a bug that caused certain things to not be master looted properly in ICC. Clearly, it's merely opinion on what is or is not important. There's a lot more to it than that.

Don't feel bad, a lot of players make this same mistake.
Edited by Bravehearth on 3/22/2013 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Blizzard has made some great changes this expac to make holy leveling easier. Clearly they think that it's important to make questing holy a good experience. This issue is important to me, and to a lot of other people. Since there have been many posts and no blue response, I really think that it's not going to be fixed this expac. I think it's a balance issue. That doesn't mean it's not on their radar, and those of us concerned are going to post once in awhile to keep it there.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
you can talent in at the end for the hammer or the prisim
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yeah, it's not so bad at 90, holy prism plus a landshark finishes off most low health mobs like the packs of bloodworms on the Isle of Thunder. It's still annoying not to have a spammable aoe and depend on having a stack of landsharks around, but I can live with it.

What's not acceptable at all is how hard it is to level holy without any aoe at all. Imagine having to single target those bloodworms down, ugh.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
because aoe dps is for ....dps spec's perhaps? thats probably what blizzard thinks about it anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I made three videos about this. I've been hoping Blizzard fixes this by making Denounce work with seals; it would make seals relevant for Holy if SoR = AoE, SoT = single-target, SoI = mana conservation. Not that that's the only way they could solve it, though.

Here are my vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZZ1RT2_OI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RBgQhycr9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh3I-kD5PAo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]