WoW Launcher Stuck on Updating

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So I totally just fixed my problem. After deleting everything and practically murdering my WoW folder, this was the fix:

Launcher Internet explorer
Hit Alt+ F
Uncheck work offline

Close the forever looping Blizzard launcher and relaunch.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
So I totally just fixed my problem. After deleting everything and practically murdering my WoW folder, this was the fix:

Launcher Internet explorer
Hit Alt+ F
Uncheck work offline

Close the forever looping Blizzard launcher and relaunch.

Now go to Internet options -> Connections tab and select "Never dial a connection" to make sure it won't go into Work offline mode again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nice! This solved my problem, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This fixed my launcher as well. Had exact same issue. Never even use Internet Explorer. Work offline wasn't checked, however, selected "Never dial a connection" and problem solved.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
I am having the same problem. I could not get it to work with the suggested fixes so I ended up uninstalling to do a clean reinstall, but when trying to reinstall, I am having the same issue. Launch the setup, it opens a launcher that gets stuck a little more than 1/2 way. I have disabled my security programs and am running Windows 7. Suggestions???
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Barthis and Bel!! YEEEESSSS eeet werkd ^^^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was having the same problem, launcher stopping the "Updating/Downloading" for the tools/launcher at 2/3's done. I don't even use IE either, but I checked to see if "Never Dial a Connection" was the option selected, and it wasn't. Changed it to that, and it worked.

It makes no sense, but it worked.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Warlock
Why did that work... I never use Internet Explorer....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]