Spriests out of control

90 Orc Hunter
So in the 15 or so games I did of 3s tonight (above 2k rating), literally every team except one had a shadow priest on it, and this seems to be the case every time I do 3s this season.

Shadow priests on teams this season are even more common than warriors on teams last season.

For the sake of balance, they need to be toned down a bit. They need to get lifeswap taken away from them so that only healing specs can use it, and they need a longer cooldown on mass dispel (perhaps up to 30 seconds).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Mass dispel for shadow not usable in arenas

Voidshift exchange 50% of the health in pvp

Fixed
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mass dispel for shadow not usable in arenas

Voidshift exchange 50% of the health in pvp

Fixed

Alot of shadow priests will argue about the first one which I agree to an extent, but they literally have more utility(thats useful) then any other dps spec in 3v3.
I dont think it should be removed but increased for shadow at least.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
lot of shadow priests will argue about the first one which I agree to an extent, but they literally have more utility(thats useful) then any other dps spec in 3v3.
I dont think it should be removed but increased for shadow at least.

On a side note the problem with MD is that the glyph makes it instant practically, if that wasnt the case it would be a lot easier to prevent

Maybe remove the glyph and give it as a passive effect to holy,disc? dunno
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Void to 50% lmao, alright bud.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
representation is usually a good indication of impending nerfs, I think. looked at my bg today, i think 18 of the top 20 teams have spriests. Playing at a 2.1k mmr today I think every team had a spriest except for the thug cleave. I'm waiting for the nerfs. What I don't understand the qq about is MD. I can see void shift as a likely target though I don't know why.

Predict the void shift, cc healer stun then kill swapped opponent. But why md? Its been in this game forever, and now is weaker than ever before, and its costs is bonkers.

Needless to say I'm waiting for nerfs
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Yes destroy Spriest skillcap while you're "fixing" them. Glad you aren't let anywhere near their design team.

Better than nerfing the healing the survivability the damage the CC and all the pletora of changes made in 5.2, that would be even worst

This is all you needed to say. You have literally no clue what you're typing about.

No need to be belligerent about it, make your own suggestion then

What else can they nerf?

off healing? nope, already weaker than any hydrid since 5.2, even if they remove the glyph that allows renew and pom in shadow

damage? to get DP damage sp need to cast 3 mindblast, VT only last 15s and is casted

survivability? they are already too trainable by melee, voidshift is the only thing preventing them too die to often vs melee zergs
Edited by Peztilence on 3/21/2013 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
TnC
I would hafta agree that shadow priests are in a strong position right now, but some of these suggestions are outrageous. Spriests have been nerfed already. Why so much QQ? Especially from the op being a hunter. What class is really causing Hunters a problem, a caster?? Lets be serious...
But I'm sure all these suggestions of nerfing priests to the ground are in the interest of balance -__-
Except probably not at all.

Nerf list:
1) flash heal
2) fade
3) dispersion
4) psyfiend
5) DP upfront dmg scaling

Were these not enough for your crying souls? You want more now??

I'd be more concerned that hunters utility, damage, and healing aren't nerfed. Or ring of peace maybe?? Or why locks and shammy's aren't getting buffs that they desperately need...

Crying about MD bc it actually counters GOD bubble...or whining about void shift, bc apparently target switching is to complicated (yeah, sure...2k player my #!@%)
Is not a solution to these L2P issues...these are easily countered.
#smh
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I should mention that I think allowing spriests to use their mass dispel offensively (to dispel iceblock/bubble) is totally fine. The problem is them being able to dispel cc off of their partner. Yes, ret can do the same now, but not nearly as often as an spriest can.

A 30 second cd on mass dispel would be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Remove shadow priest passive damage reduction. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

I agree with this, its been years since vanilla wow. The time for shadow priests to need shadow form damage reduction has come and gone.

Do that and the spec is not as silly and retains the skills that make its cool.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/22/2013 04:56 AMPosted by Harland

I agree with this, its been years since vanilla wow. The time for shadow priests to need shadow form damage reduction has come and gone.

Spriests without the 15% DR would be the squishiest spec in the game.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest

....really? You realize Shadow is immobile and has to tank frequently..right?
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
representation is usually a good indication of impending nerfs, I think. looked at my bg today, i think 18 of the top 20 teams have spriests. Playing at a 2.1k mmr today I think every team had a spriest except for the thug cleave. I'm waiting for the nerfs. What I don't understand the qq about is MD. I can see void shift as a likely target though I don't know why.

Predict the void shift, cc healer stun then kill swapped opponent. But why md? Its been in this game forever, and now is weaker than ever before, and its costs is bonkers.

Needless to say I'm waiting for nerfs

For some reason, Ruin had a ton of priests last season and this season compared to the other BGs. Over half of them are disc now, though.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter

03/22/2013 04:56 AMPosted by Harland

This would kill shadow completely.

They already have to sit and tank a lot of damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i love how people are crying over shadow priest and offering their half assed so called fixes

cant even explain how stupid this idea is spriest have been hit hard with Surv this patch and still isnt enough for some rofl you all act as if mass dispell for shadow is a new thing its been around forever so has the glyph and only recently has it had a cooldown i didnt hear anyone complaining when it was able to be spammed at almost no mana cost but now suddenly a weaker version of mass dispell is all the rage
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Spriest just simply have far too much utility and it needs to be toned down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Why would anyone play a Lock over a Spriest? thats my question.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Their 15% damage reduction is fine. The problem with them isn't that it's too hard to kill them, it's that they provide far too much support for their teammates with lifeswap and mass dispel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]