Spriests out of control

90 Troll Druid
I would hafta agree that shadow priests are in a strong position right now, but some of these suggestions are outrageous. Spriests have been nerfed already. Why so much QQ? Especially from the op being a hunter. What class is really causing Hunters a problem, a caster?? Lets be serious...
But I'm sure all these suggestions of nerfing priests to the ground are in the interest of balance -__-
Except probably not at all.

Nerf list:
1) flash heal
2) fade
3) dispersion
4) psyfiend
5) DP upfront dmg scaling

Were these not enough for your crying souls? You want more now??

I'd be more concerned that hunters utility, damage, and healing aren't nerfed. Or ring of peace maybe?? Or why locks and shammy's aren't getting buffs that they desperately need...

Crying about MD bc it actually counters GOD bubble...or whining about void shift, bc apparently target switching is to complicated (yeah, sure...2k player my #!@%)
Is not a solution to these L2P issues...these are easily countered.
#smh

and spectral guise while cc'd
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Priests in general are out of hand right now.

20%+ of all the successful arena teams right now have a priest in it... I wonder why? check out arena rankings for yourself, priests EVERYWHERE in top rankings. along with mages and hunters... but we'll have to make separate threads for them.

inb4 thread gets bombed with priests claiming to not be OP.
Edited by Natureswrath on 3/22/2013 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Goblin Shaman
What the mongoloids in this thread don't understand is that shadow priests are essential only because damage and instant cc's are out of control. If don't have a spriest on your team it's pretty much autolose against any heavy melee cleave, hunter/rogue team.

No healer alive is gonna be able to heal through the damage while eating (mostly) unavoidable cc.

You shouldn't even be that mad that spriests are strong because the state of the game is what is responsible for their prevalence. And frankly, intelligent usage of md and void shift actually requires some situational awareness and communication with teammates. At the very least it's more difficult then popping every cd on one target and using instant cc's on the healer.

If you nerf md and void shift you will just see cleaves and zerg comps all over the ladder.

But maybe that's what the mongoloids in this thread want.
Edited by Lulululula on 3/22/2013 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't understand how no one mentioned Insanity talent and how overpowered it is right now. The damage is so retarded.
Edited by Adios on 3/22/2013 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
It's awesome that the QQ rage threads have pointed toward Spriests now that warriors are out of the spotlight.

Everyones gotta have someone to $%&@ about.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I don't understand how no one mentioned Insanity talent and how overpowered it is right now. The damage is so retarded.

It + Power infusion does retarded damage, but it takes a while to build up and they have to be free casting and planted in one spot to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It + Power infusion does retarded damage, but it takes a while to build up and they have to be free casting and planted in one spot to do it.

Landing a devouring plague and mind flaying a target is not hard.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
03/22/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Adios

Mind flay can be interrupted and orbs for DP take a while to build up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Not with God Comp. Unholy Play too.
Edited by Adios on 3/22/2013 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/22/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Adios

So, lets nerf one class, because of how it works in certain comps? Right.....

just like they nerfed warlocks, shams and rogues in cata b/c of RLS.... Oh wait, they didnt.

Stop crying about spriests. We may have tons of utility but none of our dmg is front end. It all takes time (and orbs) to get dat burst, and If you're letting a spriest free cast.... well, you're doing it wrong?

I find it funny, its warriors crying about spriests the most lately. Counter class isnt as big of a counter as it used to be, time to flood the forums with warrior tears?

Edit - LOL, hunters crying about spriests Mass dispelling cc... sigh, QQ he dispelled 1 of my 4 instant cc's that are all on low cooldowns, WHAT SHALL I EVER DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Im not even gonna bother armorying, but

KFC scum.

There, I said it.
Edited by Swghoulz on 3/22/2013 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Yes destroy Spriest skillcap while you're "fixing" them. Glad you aren't let anywhere near their design team.

why do people think it takes skill to md anything as spriest
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Yes destroy Spriest skillcap while you're "fixing" them. Glad you aren't let anywhere near their design team.

skill = experience (time spent playing) and effort (try-hards).. that's all.

Most can attain high skill, I don't understand why people put skill level up so high on a pedestal. most people act like it's some kind of special trait you're born with.

i guess it makes people feel like a special snow flake for being "good" at a WoW class.

if anything, I admire the people with low skill, the ones who choose not to put so much effort and time into something so pointless. putting so much value into such a thing is laughable - it's just another ridiculous way to boost your ego, calling yourself "skillful" like it's something admirable.
Edited by Natureswrath on 3/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
that doesn't really have anything to do with what i said but okay
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
that doesn't really have anything to do with what i said but okay

you're an ugly undead who will never be able to look good no matter what you wear.

how does that make you feel?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

Honestly it doesn't, but It takes more skill than stacking CDs and mongo bursting everything down which pretty much every class does.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
03/22/2013 07:43 AMPosted by Turthanien

Ya, PI + Insanity is pretty crazy damage. Only problem, of course, is that you have a 6 second window every 2 minutes to do that damage.

Not that it isn't dumb when it can be pulled off.

03/22/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Adios

I could say that it's not that hard to interrupt or CC someone during a channeled cast.

It can be tricky sometimes if you're getting trained or the other team cross CCs at all. It's mostly a matter of how quickly can you get it off after the CC lands.

--

The changes I've seen so far tend to be:

1. Get rid of passive damage reduction- SPriest would get slammed. They don't really have any ways to get range unless you take Tendrils and wear cloth. SP would be the squishiest class in the game.

2. Nerf MD. Without the Glyph it's pretty much impossible to get it off against a team that isn't bad. The mana cost is already pretty ridiculous. An SP without MD would become a Warlock with less CC.

3. Nerf Void Shift. This would be fine. There's counters for it, but the ability isn't truly necessary for the class to be successful.

Might be nice as well if they put a short CD on the DI proc. The damage can be really stupid when it chain procs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

So, lets nerf one class, because of how it works in certain comps? Right.....

just like they nerfed warlocks, shams and rogues in cata b/c of RLS.... Oh wait, they didnt.

Stop crying about spriests. We may have tons of utility but none of our dmg is front end. It all takes time (and orbs) to get dat burst, and If you're letting a spriest free cast.... well, you're doing it wrong?

I find it funny, its warriors crying about spriests the most lately. Counter class isnt as big of a counter as it used to be, time to flood the forums with warrior tears?

Edit - LOL, hunters crying about spriests Mass dispelling cc... sigh, QQ he dispelled 1 of my 4 instant cc's that are all on low cooldowns, WHAT SHALL I EVER DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Im not even gonna bother armorying, but

KFC scum.

There, I said it.

Are you retarded? You say "KFC Scum" when God Comp destroyed KFC. With UH DK being buffed, Unholy Play is way too strong now too. Even now, shadow priest are swarming the 3s ladders on US/EU because shadow priest are out of control. They were out of control last patch and they still are this patch. Warriors were just the focus of all last season because of Shockwave & Defensive Stance. And because of that, warriors were able to shut down most teams as KFC except God Comp.

Shadow priest have a health swap which should only be for disc, good utility and damage, and a .5 second mass dispel is retarded. With the current state of the game with all the cc available, spriest are even more dominate in arena to deal the damage they need to. Hell, combined with the same tools as a disc priest, they are so OP with shamans, that Unholy Play is another dominate comp.

Don't try to defend your class because high end arena glad priest and glads of other classes can clearly see Shadow Priest being overpowered, and they are already talking about it all over AJ.
Edited by Adios on 3/22/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
03/22/2013 07:50 AMPosted by Turthanien

orbs take like 30-40 sec to build up if that
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Don't try to defend your class because high end arena glad priest and glads of other classes can clearly see Shadow Priest being overpowered, and they are already talking about it all over AJ.

AJ is just almost as bad as wow forums. Lol. (And no, no they aren't)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What the mongoloids in this thread don't understand is that shadow priests are essential only because damage and instant cc's are out of control. If don't have a spriest on your team it's pretty much autolose against any heavy melee cleave, hunter/rogue team.

No healer alive is gonna be able to heal through the damage while eating (mostly) unavoidable cc.

You shouldn't even be that mad that spriests are strong because the state of the game is what is responsible for their prevalence. And frankly, intelligent usage of md and void shift actually requires some situational awareness and communication with teammates. At the very least it's more difficult then popping every cd on one target and using instant cc's on the healer.

If you nerf md and void shift you will just see cleaves and zerg comps all over the ladder.

But maybe that's what the mongoloids in this thread want.

This is pretty bad logic. If the pace of the game were to be slowed down spriests would remain just as strong. If not even stronger than they are now. As any team with an spriest would simply seem unkillable.

Spriest are just over the top. And at this point, the only thing that can be done is to remove some/nerf some of their utility.

You could nerf their burst. And make them easier to kill.. But that would be the wrong way to nerf spriests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]