Spriests out of control

90 Night Elf Druid
howcome mass dispel didnt make them overpowered in cata?

locks were like always replacing them
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Spriest are just over the top. And at this point, the only thing that can be done is to remove some/nerf some of their utility.

Quoted for Lolz.

(U mad that I 3v1'd your monk and guildies doing dailies?)
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
03/22/2013 04:56 AMPosted by Harland
Remove shadow priest passive damage reduction. Problem solved.

I agree with this, its been years since vanilla wow. The time for shadow priests to need shadow form damage reduction has come and gone.

Do that and the spec is not as silly and retains the skills that make its cool.

Can I have a Blink and Flameglow then?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
because locks blow right now

buff aff and you'll see lock replace spriest in a lot of comps
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
Bad players losing to Shadow Priests and crying about it... Truly shocking!
Reply Quote
5 Goblin Shaman
What the mongoloids in this thread don't understand is that shadow priests are essential only because damage and instant cc's are out of control. If don't have a spriest on your team it's pretty much autolose against any heavy melee cleave, hunter/rogue team.

No healer alive is gonna be able to heal through the damage while eating (mostly) unavoidable cc.

You shouldn't even be that mad that spriests are strong because the state of the game is what is responsible for their prevalence. And frankly, intelligent usage of md and void shift actually requires some situational awareness and communication with teammates. At the very least it's more difficult then popping every cd on one target and using instant cc's on the healer.

If you nerf md and void shift you will just see cleaves and zerg comps all over the ladder.

But maybe that's what the mongoloids in this thread want.

This is pretty bad logic. If the pace of the game were to be slowed down spriests would remain just as strong. If not even stronger than they are now. As any team with an spriest would simply seem unkillable.

Spriest are just over the top. And at this point, the only thing that can be done is to remove some/nerf some of their utility.

You could nerf their burst. And make them easier to kill.. But that would be the wrong way to nerf spriests.

None of what I posted is bad logic. I in no way suggested that shadow priests would not be strong if there were less burst and cc. What I DID suggest is that spriests are common place in arenas because their utility helps their healers deal with the over-the-top burst (and cc's) that cleave teams bring. If the games were slower, spriest would not be so necessary.

If you still do not understand/appreciate the logic of what I posted, play a healer in a non-zerg comp. You'll soon understand why people want spriests on their team in that situation.
Edited by Lulululula on 3/22/2013 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I would hafta agree that shadow priests are in a strong position right now, but some of these suggestions are outrageous. Spriests have been nerfed already. Why so much QQ? Especially from the op being a hunter. What class is really causing Hunters a problem, a caster?? Lets be serious...
But I'm sure all these suggestions of nerfing priests to the ground are in the interest of balance -__-
Except probably not at all.

Nerf list:
1) flash heal
2) fade
3) dispersion
4) psyfiend
5) DP upfront dmg scaling

Were these not enough for your crying souls? You want more now??

I'd be more concerned that hunters utility, damage, and healing aren't nerfed. Or ring of peace maybe?? Or why locks and shammy's aren't getting buffs that they desperately need...

Crying about MD bc it actually counters GOD bubble...or whining about void shift, bc apparently target switching is to complicated (yeah, sure...2k player my #!@%)
Is not a solution to these L2P issues...these are easily countered.
#smh

I am in no way defending hunters because I know how powerful BM is at the moment. But just understand most of us don't want to play BM anymore. It's too much of the same !@#$ all day long. That is the reason I play MM (as do others) and some play SV. Although BM is strong our class as a whole is weak. I can do very go sustained damage if left alone but other classes do as much or just less with FAR more AOE, healing, CC, survivability and less of a skill cap. I am not making a cry for hunters here but the only spec that is very competitive at the moment is BM and it's not even fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
None of what I posted is bad logic. I in no way suggested that shadow priests would not be strong if there were less burst and cc. What I DID suggest is that spriests are common place in arenas because their utility helps their healers deal with the over-the-top burst (and cc's) that cleave teams bring. If the games were slower, spriest would not be so necessary.

If you still do not understand/appreciate the logic of what I posted, play a healer in a non-zerg comp. You'll soon understand why people want spriests on their team in that situation.

I mean, that's fair. But I'm fairly certain that spriests would remain just as dominant if the pace of the game were toned down. But that's not going to happen. Even if an spriest isn't "necessary" as you say, there would still be no reason not to bring one over.. just about any class in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
None of what I posted is bad logic. I in no way suggested that shadow priests would not be strong if there were less burst and cc. What I DID suggest is that spriests are common place in arenas because their utility helps their healers deal with the over-the-top burst (and cc's) that cleave teams bring. If the games were slower, spriest would not be so necessary.If you still do not understand/appreciate the logic of what I posted, play a healer in a non-zerg comp. You'll soon understand why people want spriests on their team in that situation.

QFT

the only thing that makes spriest utility strong is because of the amount of CC that there actually is why do you think they haven't been a problem till now, because there hasnt ever been as much CC as there is now

Mass dispell was never a problem even when you could spam it at no mana cost. Why is it a supposed problem now Even with its HUGE mana cost and its cd , because its so valuable due to the amount of CC there is that all teams run a spriest

the Only Real potent utility spriest have gotten from cata till now is void-shift anyone with half a brain can predict it and cc the healer getting trained and swap to spriest

spriest arent out of controll CC is. that has made spriest valuable why would you nerf shadow and not look at the Real problem witch is the amount of CC in this game if there wasnt so many spriest would not be anywhere near as valuable to any team
Edited by Bishock on 3/22/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
QFT

the only thing that makes spriest utility strong is because of the amount of CC that there actually is why do you think they haven't been a problem till now, because there hasnt ever been as much CC as there is now

Mass dispell was never a problem even when you could spam it at no mana cost. Why is it a supposed problem now Even with its HUGE mana cost and its cd , because its so valuable due to the amount of CC there is that all teams run a spriest

the Only Real potent utility spriest have gotten from cata till now is void-shift anyone with half a brain can predict it and cc the healer getting trained and swap to spriest

spriest arent OP CC is op that has made spriest valuable

Spriest were strong last patch, too. Now that other classes/comps have been toned down, they have become the dominant class. And as you say, their utility is what makes them valuable in just about any comp.

Shadow priest have everything. They literally have their hands in every toolkit the game has to offer. They have great damage and burst, offer amazing offensive utility through silence and fears, have amazing defensive utility through mass dispel, void shift and off healing and they even have great survivability.

The class literally lacks nothing as far as I can see. It needs to lose something/get toned down.

People should really stop saying that the current state of the game is what makes them so strong(they would be just as strong if the pace was slowed). The current state of the game is not going to change. So spriest need to change.
Edited by Deotwo on 3/22/2013 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
because locks blow right now

buff aff and you'll see lock replace spriest in a lot of comps

then mass dispel isnt the problem

plz nerf frost mages first not mass dispel... few things that keep my pally alive vs wizards...

spriest had a stronger mass dispel before

Mass dispell was never a problem even when you could spam it at no mana cost. Why is it a supposed problem now Even with its HUGE mana cost and its cd
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
OK man. Let's just all play zerg comps.

lol watch the blizzcon arena championships from wolk up to s12

this game has gone downhill so hard they just don't know what to do with it anymore. i really hope some new mmo comes out soon and breaks my addiction to this trash game that i play out of habbit more than enjoyment anymore
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
mass dispel was never a problem, especially not if you have half a brain and stun/silence/cc the spriest during cc in the first place

void shift is debatable

spriest representation is high because aff lock is weak, there's never been another season where lock has been so underpowered compared to spriest, and they typically fill the same niche in comps

lets go back to tbc, what was rampant? locks

lets go back to wotlk, what was rampant? locks

lets go back to cata, what was rampant? locks

now lock is in a bad place right now, what happens to all those comps that ran locks? they pick up spriest.
Edited by Savorypk on 3/22/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
mass dispel was never a problem, especially not if you have half a brain and stun/silence/cc the spriest during cc in the first place

void shift is debatable

spriest representation is high because aff lock is weak, there's never been another season where lock has been so underpowered compared to spriest, and they typically fill the same niche in comps

lets go back to tbc, what was rampant? locks

lets go back to wotlk, what was rampant? locks

lets go back to cata, what was rampant? locks

now lock is in a bad place right now, what happens to all those comps that ran locks? they pick up spriest.

And most would say that locks needed to be toned down then, too. Just like spriest need to be toned down now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The obvious solution here is the reduce the damage done by Unstable Affliction by 25%.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The obvious solution here is the reduce the damage done by Unstable Affliction by 25%
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Spriest were strong last patch, too. Now that other classes/comps have been toned down, they have become the dominant class

Because spriests weren't hit with a ton of nerfs like all the other classes who got "toned down"

/facepalm.

And most would say that locks needed to be toned down then, too. Just like spriest need to be toned down now.

Warr - nerf everything that isnt me, hunter or sham, So i can continue to be KFC scum overlords

inb4 GodComp destroys KFC arguement (Boo hoo 1 comp easily counters ScumKFC, BOO HOO)

inb4 1 spriest killed DK, Hunter and your monk doing dailies
Edited by Blackghoulia on 3/22/2013 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Why would anyone play a Lock over a Spriest? thats my question.

Just like last expansion when no one played Spriest over locks? I like your half assed reasoning. The reason you see Spriest in almost every time is because Affliction locks arent that good. Buff affy locks and you'll see spriest rep drop, i promise you that.

Void Swap is fine the way it is. The price for using it is very high, and i watch Spriest streams a lot where a priest will get swapped on instantly and he dies, you know why? Because the other team anticipated the swap which isnt all that hard to see coming. MD could use a 25sec CD and i think Spriest would be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I think the real problem with shadow priest is they are too tanky for how much CC they have. Shadow form needs its damage reduction taken away
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]