Returning to WoW, a question on arena/rbg

So i don't even have anything to 90 and before I started leveling I thought I'd ask some questions.

I don't care about flavor of the month, but are there any classes/specs that I should completely avoid? I want to be able to get into arena and RBG's after I'm geared and don't want to be turned away for using something that's simply not needed.

My favorites during vanilla/bc/wrath/cata were:
-enhance/resto shaman
-subtlety/assassination rogue
-feral druid
-disc priest
-any mage

i have nothing against them but don't want to play a plate class, hunter, or warlock.
since i obviously had to buy MoP any general info on monks would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance guys and girls!

p.s. - i'm sure enhance still sucks so i'll probably avoid that :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Enhance is still not good, but Resto's are great as always (Though not always sought after for RBG's)

Sub is really good right now, Assasination is viable. (Most RBG teams want one rogue for bomb)

Feral druid is also good, but not great (I can't fathom though how anyone would enjoy this spec, not really valued in RBGs)

Disc and shadow are both incredible in the right hands (Both highly sought after n RBG's)

Mages are good as always. Fire viable, Frost is great. (Highly sought after in RBG's.)
Reply Quote
Exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for, thanks for taking your time to do that!
Reply Quote
Since this is a day old I'm gonna bump it. Really would like a little more advice :)

As an update I started a monk to mess around with it. Also started a panda mage. The pandaren starting area is beautiful!!! I love the style! Since I've been gone for so long I'm gonna level these to characters to get used to controls and re-learn the spells/keybinds so I'm comfortable again. I don't wanna be weighing down groups and battlegrounds :(
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Boomkin
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Top Specs for RBGS:

Moonkin
Rsham
Hpal
Rdruid
MWmonk
Frost mage
Destro lock
Spriest
Rogue (sub/assassination)
Prot Warriors
Rdruid
Frost/unholy DKs

Top for Arenas
Rsham
Hpal
Rdruid
Frost Mage
Spriest
Ferals
Arms Warr
BM Hunters
Aff locks
Frost DKS
Sub Rogues

What to avoid playing:
Enhancement Shamans
Elemental Shamans
Brewmaster Monks
Prot Paladins
Blood DKs
Fury Warriors
Holy Priests
Disc Priests
Arcane Mage

Just personal opinions. Not to say that the specs i'd avoid aren't viable... just that other choices are better. Play whatever you have fun with really.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
-enhance/resto shaman : Enhance has good dmg but surv lacks, resto shams are strong (best healers in game imo) Both specs arena viable, resto sham rbg viable.
-subtlety/assassination rogue: Good in arena and rbgs
-feral druid: Good in arena, just got a cyclone nerf but they are still strong. You can FC as feral druid/guardian for rbgs.
-disc priest: Got buffed this season, strong
-any mage : STRONG SINCE S1
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Feral druid is also good, but not great (I can't fathom though how anyone would enjoy this spec, not really valued in RBGs)

probably because it's the best spec in the game?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
shhhh, never let them know.
Reply Quote
-enhance/resto shaman : Enhance has good dmg but surv lacks, resto shams are strong (best healers in game imo) Both specs arena viable, resto sham rbg viable.

I'm sad to hear about enhance as it's my all time favorite spec since vanilla. Regardless thanks for the awesome post and info :)

Thanks to Palinck as well!! I'm grateful to both of you for taking the time to reply <3
Reply Quote
Are you my twin.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
probably because it's the best spec in the game?

Its incredibly good but oh so incredibly boring.

What to avoid playing:

Elemental Shamans

Disc Priests

lolwut
Reply Quote
Are you my twin.

OMG! I never met someone who uses the same name as me!!! If we are twins we're the koolest ones ever.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Its incredibly good but oh so incredibly boring.

no, by 'best' i meant nothing to do with 'good' and everything to do with 'fun'
Edited by Datahsz on 3/22/2013 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
no, by 'best' i meant nothing to do with 'good' and everything to do with 'fun'

Has it changed much? It made me want rip my hands off in cata.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]