Stop Complaining.

90 Night Elf Warrior
We're in a hole right now but every warrior who has played from the beginning knew this day was coming. We are always awesome at the beginning of every patch and weak towards the end.

The warrior class is defined by its adaptability, and if you don't adapt, you die. You are naturally selected to either live or die based on your attitude.

Our class has weaknesses but these weaknesses do not define us. In arena we give great peels (intervene/safeguard, thunderclap, disarm, charge, shockwave, hamstring) and contribute with great damage. Every class in the game has advantages and disadvantages and our class is no different.

Don't listen to the QQ. The moment you do, you justify to yourself that you arent able to achieve high ratings. You get a defeatist attitude. You stop improving or adapting. There are several things that don't make sense with the class right now, but blizz doesn't base their class design on the QQ of rogues or mages. They don't base class design based on the premise that we are paying customers and hence they owe us something.

You are a warrior. It is now 5.2 and you have the opportunity to show all the naysayers that you're not a fotm or honeymoon warrior, and that you're sticking with the class no matter what.

Now pick up your beard, stop crying like a sissy and hack mages to pieces
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
^
Reply Quote
67 Orc Warrior
After playing nearly every class in this game and being a regular forum lurker, I'm coming to realize that EVERY class feels like "the sky is falling" in regard to their particular nerfs after a patch. The only exception to this would be holy paladins, they seem like a happy bunch.
Reply Quote
I like this post because it at least acknowledges that yes, there were nerfs and yes, we're going to need to change things up. Better than the blind, "Nothing's changed. If you can't do the exact same thing in 5.1 as you did in 5.2, l2p nub." attitude that pops up now and again.
Reply Quote
@OP-True.

But the same group of us that you're directing your statements towards have also played this class for a long time. I started at the beginning of 08' for example. I don't think there is any shame if you finally get fed up. I don't know of any other class that has had to endure this poor mismanagement of their class for as long as we have. Beards, balls, whatever you want to call our "badge of honor", there's no shame if you finally reach the end of your rope and turn it in. I think its commendable that so many have endured this BS for so long. If anything warrior players have demonstrated time again they have some of the most perseverance found among WoW players.

I myself ... I'm giving both the DK and Paladin classes an honest try. Truly wish I didn't have to though.
Reply Quote
I like this post because it at least acknowledges that yes, there were nerfs and yes, we're going to need to change things up. Better than the blind, "Nothing's changed. If you can't do the exact same thing in 5.1 as you did in 5.2, l2p nub." attitude that pops up now and again.

Two words for those fools ...

Stockholm Syndrome.

Seriously I've never seen so many "if you complain then you need to L2P" taards than on the WoW forums, especially this class forum. Honestly that sort of brainwashed attitude is prevalent among MMO gamers I remember it being among the ranger community in EQ, and that was years ago.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
@OP-True.

But the same group of us that you're directing your statements towards have also played this class for a long time. I started at the beginning of 08' for example. I don't think there is any shame if you finally get fed up. I don't know of any other class that has had to endure this poor mismanagement of their class for as long as we have. Beards, balls, whatever you want to call our "badge of honor", there's no shame if you finally reach the end of your rope and turn it in. I think its commendable that so many have endured this BS for so long. If anything warrior players have demonstrated time again they have some of the most perseverance found among WoW players.

I myself ... I'm giving both the DK and Paladin classes an honest try. Truly wish I didn't have to though.

While no one likes to get nerfed, every class gets miss managed and completely bent over by blizzard. And it will continue as long as they let GC helm the ship, that guy is driving drunk.

EDIT: oh yeah, good post OP
Edited by Ripcage on 3/21/2013 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

While no one likes to get nerfed, every class gets miss managed and completely bent over by blizzard. And it will continue as long as they let GC helm the ship, that guy is driving drunk.

EDIT: oh yeah, good post OP

Kudos on the GC call.
Reply Quote
been playing this toon since van , and even in wotlk which was the biggest nerf in history , all warrior damage was nerfed 19-22% and still obtained challenger title, for every nerf there sometimes is a hidden buff , you need to find it and adjust with style macros etc .. rock on

True. If one road is blocked pick another. Very true with our class.

But ...

Is this something other classes have to regularly go through?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
in the wise words of Kanye west: GC DOESNT LIKE WARRIORS!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Lol at the GC bashing. All classes have been getting nerfed and buffed into oblivion since vanilla, get over it, give constructive feedback, wait for changes.
Reply Quote
Pwentt,

To a point they have, sure. IMO Our class has received some of the worst of this see-saw developer BS.

Hey when is the last time mages got a real shaft job? ... druids? .... besides the start of Mists, rogues? No QQ but just making the point that developer ineptitude has not been heaped on all the classes in equal amounts. Thats why I think one of the recent posts on the warrior forum that put forth the idea that maybe the devs themselves don't really know our role, is a viable one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
We're in a hole right now but every warrior who has played from the beginning knew this day was coming. We are always awesome at the beginning of every patch and weak towards the end.

The warrior class is defined by its adaptability, and if you don't adapt, you die. You are naturally selected to either live or die based on your attitude.

Our class has weaknesses but these weaknesses do not define us. In arena we give great peels (intervene/safeguard, thunderclap, disarm, charge, shockwave, hamstring) and contribute with great damage. Every class in the game has advantages and disadvantages and our class is no different.

Don't listen to the QQ. The moment you do, you justify to yourself that you arent able to achieve high ratings. You get a defeatist attitude. You stop improving or adapting. There are several things that don't make sense with the class right now, but blizz doesn't base their class design on the QQ of rogues or mages. They don't base class design based on the premise that we are paying customers and hence they owe us something.

You are a warrior. It is now 5.2 and you have the opportunity to show all the naysayers that you're not a fotm or honeymoon warrior, and that you're sticking with the class no matter what.

Now pick up your beard, stop crying like a sissy and hack mages to pieces

/target OP
/salute

This, this, this. I logged on with my slow as an ogre phone just to say, "This".
Seriously, warriors. Are we mice? Or are we men/orcs/tauren/goblins/gnomes/dwarves/trolls/worgen/undead? Or are you an elf? You...might be in the former category, sorry. >.>

Anyway, about that last statement. Beards clearly make warriors more badass, but I'm a woman. I do have fur on my chin, does that count?
Edited by Shumi on 3/24/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You would not believe how much I agree with the GC rants.
Honestly, some of the changes that have been made to some classes and specs (Or just the aspect of PvP in general) have made me /facedesk more times than I can count.

But, to be truthful, you must realize how LITTLE Blizzard cares about our troubles and complaints. You're all just one of MILLIONS of people paying the fifteen dollars a month, not to mention other services you might pay for.

To see improvement, it seems like it HAS to involve something that's borderline rule-breaking, cheating (ie wintrading), or there has to be a mass uprising about it.

I've played feral for a long time, and never has our base damage for our abilities been this bad. Shred/mangle/rake, which are main combo point generation abilities that cost nearly half of our 100 energy do absolutely pathetic damage against decently geared players.
Any given Mangle against a leather wearer with 60%+ resilience will CRIT for no more than 15k, not accounting any damage reduction cooldowns or buffs they might have.

Our burst and bleeds are honestly the only great thing we have going for us. We're highly versatile, mobile, and I've adapted to these changes quite nicely. It's only when I see another class match my burst without popping any cooldowns that I start to feel apocalyptic towards my spec and its viability.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
^What did you do to this druid that's got him sucking your #@@!*#@* all over the warrior forums? lmao
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
As a pvp prot warrior, nothing really has changed for me, defenses all on the same CD. With a few nerfs over time from ones made to balance arms warriors (the removal of gag order and shockwave on a longer CD).

I've had to learn to work with and do the best with what I have.

I really enjoy playing prot warrior and have played it exclusively since 4.3 cata. I enjoy the role it fills on a 10 man team, one similar to a goalie/keeper in sports like hockey or soccer. Progressively, it has become more challenging to survive (although not impossible), and at some points now I kind of feel cheated with the amount of control through cc that happens, and the burst damage that comes in on top of it.

It's funny how it changes, in Cata people laughed at me because "LoL warriors suck, youre so bad" and now in MoP they say "LoL warriors are so op they dont require any skill, youre so bad."

At the end of the day, I'm having tons of fun, FCing and doing RBGs while playing with a good group of friends.
Edited by Pogonip on 3/24/2013 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you.
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Mage
As a pvp prot warrior, nothing really has changed for me

..Dafuq did I just read?

I'm sorry but does the 100% Shockwave cooldown increase not apply to you?

- Pretty sound statement by all though I must say, warriors have taken the brunt of all the nerfs, but they still come back swinging. As an active Prot Warrior (PvE based only) I don't have much to cry about, few change in minors and the 20sec extra downtime on Shockwave is a tad unfortunate, regardless if we can hold threat and stay alive we're in the same boat we were pre-nerf.

-I do feel sorry for you PVP'ers, warriors do get molested when it comes to PvP, although as many such as Bajheera have shown, all it takes is a bit of know-how, skill and effort and you can still achieve greatness and shrug off the NerfBat as if it was just another dodgey school dinner.

Respect for the dedicated, sympathy for the re-rollers.
Ao, Out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]