Shaman DPS Help?

27 Draenei Shaman
Being a shaman is a new experience for me. I'm not sure how I should order my spells to be efficient and maximize my dps. My main is a priest, and I'm always using 3 or more spells when fighting/healing with her, but it seems all of my shaman spells have long cooldown times, leaving me using a lot of auto-attack and feeling useless in dungeons. I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I just need to know the best way to dps for my current level and a little more. I'll figure it out eventually, but for now I'm stumped. Please help me!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Lightning bolt doesn't have a cooldown, so you should always be using that when nothing else is available. Otherwise you should try to keep flame shock up on an enemy, and use earth shock when it's up. Your rotation will get more interesting when you get lava burst. There really isn't much else you need to do when solo DPSing as a shaman, other then keeping your searing totem up.

When fighting multiple mobs in a dungeon you'll want to use chain lightning instead of lightning bolt as it hits multiple targets. You will get that ability at level 28.

Just some quick advice on your gear. Elemental shamans focus on intellect. Strength and Agility do nothing for your spec.
Edited by Monmonn on 3/21/2013 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Elemental really doesn't have that many buttons to hit. Once you get Lava Burst and Fulmination, you essentially have everything you need for single target dps, excluding any level 90 talents. The more challenging part of being a good elemental shaman is managing the shock cooldowns while keeping 100% Flame Shock uptime and discharging any excess Lightning Shield charges via Fulmination (Earth Shock) at the proper time without waiting too long and wasting any procs (this is done by keeping Lightning Shield up and using Earth Shock at about 7-8 stacks). That's usually enough to keep most people busy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]