T14 4 piece bonus versus T14 & T15 combo

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Last night I finally got the 4th piece in my tier 14 set (mostly lfr), and tonight I have gotten 2 pieces of the tier 15 lfr set.

Do I keep the 4 piece bonus from the tier 14 for a bit, or do I do the two piece bonus from each set? (I have the lfr version of gloves and legs.) [Edited to add I mostly PVE with myself and some friends.]

C-c-c-combo!
Edited by Saxchic on 3/21/2013 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The T-14 4 piece is pretty bad. It only works our to about a 2% dps gain so replace with he T-15 pieces.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks. I'll try that.

I guess I have a date with some training dummies.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
2p/2p, break t14 2p for 4p t15
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Of course an awesome loot drop just has to muck up my 2p/2p plan.
Tyrant King Battleplate

I can't complain about how good the RNG gods have been to me this week.
Decisions, Decisions.

I hope the training dummy wants to go out again.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Breaking 4pT14 without going into 2pT15 is going to result in a pretty healthy DPS loss. Someone's already tried going from a 496 tier piece to a 522 offset piece and noted a significant loss in output.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If I use the 522 chest, it breaks my t14 2p (chest & head). I'd still have the t15 2p (gloves & legs).
I'm going to run ToES a couple times to see if I can get the shoulder token, then I wouldn't have to decide. (I'm not a decider.)

Currently have:
t14 - chest (lfr), head (lfr), legs (lfr), gloves (N)
t15 - legs (lfr), gloves (lfr)

and the above mentioned 522 chest.

Again, thanks for the suggestions. :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
MMkay. Armory still shows you with 4pT14, hence what I said. I imagine breaking 2pT14 for an offset piece is likely to result in a DPS loss, too, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Nng, even upgrading from 483 to 522, I'm not sure that the increased stats would make up for the loss of 15% increased damage on our biggest damage source. I'm no math guru though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]