Oondasta Health Nerf

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Monk
Just noticed that Oondasta's health has been reduced to 436 million, 50% nerf from his 872 million.

Are other servers seeing the same numbers?

If so, lol heroic world boss.
Sargeras wiped at 8% earlier with the 872 million value, and when the boss reset he only had 436 million.
90 Human Paladin
I don't think Blizzard has a clue what they're doing when it comes to world bosses.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think Blizzard has a clue what they're doing when it comes to world bosses.

Shh, lets enjoy this while we still can
90 Dwarf Death Knight
"Heroic" tuned, now 5 man heroic tuned.
90 Troll Hunter
heroic world boss.

Anyone who believed this with faction tagging....lol.
1 Blood Elf Paladin
cause it was so heroic with 300 people zerging it at a gy :/
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If only there was a way that Blizzard could implement raid bosses in a zone all to themselves, that only your group could zone in and kill it, and it could be separate from any other group trying to kill the same boss. They could call them, instances.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
cause it was so heroic with 300 people zerging it at a gy :/

Actually? yes?
90 Blood Elf Priest
If only there was a way that Blizzard could implement raid bosses in a zone all to themselves, that only your group could zone in and kill it, and it could be separate from any other group trying to kill the same boss. They could call them, instances.

And thus solving the world boss problem, by entirely eliminating them!
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Fabermor

And thus solving the world boss problem, by entirely eliminating them!

My point is that there was a reason Blizzard was hailed for putting bosses in instances in 2004, as a brilliant game change. There were a few exceptions but they were truly rare, 40 man only(at least on Argent Dawn) Why they felt the need to fix what wasn't broken is beyond me. It's lead to lag, server crashes, and all sorts of insanity. GG.
90 Orc Warrior
lol
90 Orc Shaman
HC
I mean they failed completely on their "Heroic level boss" so makes sense they just make him a loot pinata.
90 Worgen Warlock
Just checked here, yep, 436m hp.

There are about 300,000 skeletons still on the beach from the last un-nerfed kill (read: zerg-fest) about 4 hours ago. >.<
90 Orc Hunter
I mean they failed completely on their "Heroic level boss" so makes sense they just make him a loot pinata.

They didn't failed. Playerbase just failed to follow the rules and used cheap tactics to kill Oondasta or destroyed their server.
90 Orc Shaman
HC
03/21/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Azivalla

They didn't failed. Playerbase just failed to follow the rules and used cheap tactics to kill Oondasta or destroyed their server.

They did fail, if they wanted it to be heroic level they could've done MANY things to discourage zergs yet they didn't. So it's not the playerbases fault, it's Blizzards fault for not properly tuning the restrictions of how they want the content to be achieved.

Would you say heroic raids would be fine if servers could bring 300 players to a heroic boss and down it, well you probably would but they they're locked to a certain amount of people for a reason. They could've easily put the GY across the water in kun-lai, make it so he can't be brought down the mountain, make him heal for every person killed, make him do more damage for every person killed, and the list goes on.

They failed on their model of a heroic level world boss, there is no denying that. They should stick with making Sha of Angers.
Edited by Sensations on 3/21/2013 10:35 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
They did stuff to prevent zergs on Azeurogos.. a debuff that if you die and rez with in certain radius of your corpse you instantly die
1 Blood Elf Paladin
why dont they have the health scale, like rares do on isle of thunder?

seems like a good anti-zerg measure
90 Troll Hunter
make him heal for every person killed, make him do more damage for every person killed, and the list goes on.

That would have never worked, because people can grief that so easily.

They did stuff to prevent zergs on Azeurogos.. a debuff that if you die and rez with in certain radius of your corpse you instantly die

As did they with Doomwalker, and considering you couldn't grief DW, while you can Lagdasta, it would have been the worst thing ever.
Edited by Naumu on 3/21/2013 10:37 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Death Knight
seems like a good anti-zerg measure

Then we'll just get mad at the 6k DPS heroes buffing his healthtable.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]