I feel dumb for asking, but...

90 Blood Elf Priest
A pretty straightforward macro, I thought:

#showtooltip prayer of mending
/cast [target=focus, help] prayer of mending

Instead of casting prayer of mending on my focus target, my cursor lights up and whoever I click has the spell cast on them. Why won't it simply cast on my focus target?
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you sure that you have the macro on your bar, and not simply the spell itself?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yes. -.-
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
There's nothing wrong with the macro as written - although it will always attempt to cast on your focus, even if you don't have a focus. However, it does sound as though you are intentionally setting a focus and attempting to cast on that character.

What key combination are you using to activate the macro?

Have you checked to make sure that you don't have a self-cast modifier or focus-cast modifier set under your combat keybinds? That macro is written just fine to cast on a focus short of any interference from modifiers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's set to the "5" key. No modifiers. I want it to simply cast Prayer of Mending on my focus target. But instead it makes me click a player to cast it. I don't understand why it does that. :(

The most CONFUSING part of it all, is that the macro works for any other spell. If I set Renew to cast on focus, it works. Same for PW:S. But for some insane reason, Prayer of Mending won't work correctly.
Edited by Calliel on 3/22/2013 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Prayer of mending is a group/raid spell. Unless focus is in your group with you, it isn't going to work.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/22/2013 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]