MW monks how do you beat them in 2's

90 Draenei Death Knight
So as the title says I need help killing mw monks in 2's as unholy. I can kill bad and mediocre mw monks no problem but any monks that can play their class well its a never ending battle. They just don't oom. Any good tips would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I did some 2s with a MW Monk today and all I can say is, as a melee, you wont kill them if they are any good. My partner died only to casters and could shrug off all melee, only needing peels occasionally. My best advice is to CC the monk and kill his partner.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I did some 2s with a MW Monk today and all I can say is, as a melee, you wont kill them if they are any good. My partner died only to casters and could shrug off all melee, only needing peels occasionally. My best advice is to CC the monk and kill his partner.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just sit on top on MW monks. Dispel their hots. Don't stun them unless you can chain stun. Kick their channeled heal.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
Hahahaha, you're a DK, do what you do best. Tunnel them.
Reply Quote
You can't kill them, but you should be able to oom them.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
Ive found killing their partner is the only viable option against any skilled mw monk. Their mobility / ring of peace / disarm make it hard to have that continuous uptime unholy needs to maintain pressure/land a kill.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I tried to tunnel the monk but all he would do is ROP. I killed his healing statue twice to stop the extra heals but still nothing. I stacked 66 necro's on him during the match and he still maintained full mana. As a dk I can't chain stun very well unless played perfect, but that doesn't help me land a killing blow vs monks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Tbh, I've had my problems with MW monks in the past, and realistically, all you can do is make your healer sit on top of them so they don't drink and just pour damage into the DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Wtf is your partner doing this whole time?

To kill heals/dps in 2s you need to chain cc one of them to land a kill (normally the healer).

Mw mobility comes with a cost- they can easily run too far. use some ranged cc's, start tunneling his dps, when mw gets in range again continue the cc chain, and burst the dps.

Takes practice but i was able to this on my ret with my disc buddy. Mw crane kicked away from me. Disc dropped psyfiend and feared the mw to the moon as he ran back, i popped my cds on the mw's war, when mw got close i stunned him, then disc used used aoe fear on mw, and war died. Mw left right after :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Our 3's team did 17 games last week. we went 9-8. 5 of the losses came from a team with a MW monk. This was our first time running together at all, so the synergy wasn't all the way there, but having the majority of our losses due to one class sucks.

I don't have enough knowledge of how to counter monks to know what to do when I see them in arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The biggest issue i find with MW monks is that ring of piece is on a 45 second CD and it is always off CD for when burst happens. For example rogue burst comes once a minute (shadow dance) and the massive burst is once every 3 minutes (shadow dance plus shadow blades) but ring is every 45 seconds so every time the rogues bursts the monk uses ring and (basically) goes immune to melee dmg. This is even worse for classes with longer breaks between burst like warriors or rets.

On a slightly unrelated note with WW monks i think they need there control reduced some. Blizz said that they wanted WW to be a high movement spec with less control but atm they have 2 stuns(both of which can be aoe and one of them you cant trinket) and an incapacitate. Just seems a little silly to me with all the movement they have.
Edited by Sollos on 3/22/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'm gonna have to work better with my healer I guess. Try to work out a cc train we can run with minimum dr.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/22/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Darthyoda
I'm gonna have to work better with my healer

This is it! The perfect moment!

/slowclap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]