[A] What voice-communication do you prefer?

90 Night Elf Druid
We currently use Ventrilo; however, after pugging with another guild that uses Mumble, I find that I really prefer Mumble. I was just curious to see how popular Mumble is for raiders on Ravencrest. (we are not fans of Teamspeak). I've also heard of some people using Skype.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I used mumble in my brief SWTOR run. The hardest thing is getting people to adapt to what is better.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Mumble is above and beyond the best option for PTT voice communication.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I used Ventrilo from Late ICC through mid-Dragon Soul. About half way through Dragon Soul I started to use Skype and really enjoyed it. As for my favorite program, it's probably Skype. Really, I'd go with anything that isn't Vent lol.
Edited by Theappfan on 3/23/2013 12:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
SOEI uses mumble.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Serenity also uses Mumble. My first experience with Mumble was in SWTOR, and it is much better than Ventrilo. Not just sound quality, but the low latency makes raiding and pvp much better in terms of communication delay
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I run dual monitors and I did notice Vent lag was running real high last night. I don't know If I could get people to change to mumble though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Not to mention the auto-normalization of sound level in mumble. I've never had that problem of "woah that guy's way too loud, gotta turn him down individually" or "i can't hear a single thing this person is saying, gotta turn them up" since switching to mumble.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
We use telegraphs to communicate during raids. And if anyone even tries to write anything in chat, they're kicked. Not hardcore enough for us.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
We use telegraphs to communicate during raids. And if anyone even tries to write anything in chat, they're kicked. Not hardcore enough for us.

Nothing more relaxing than the sounds of dots and dashes.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
03/25/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Raziya

Nothing more relaxing than the sounds of dots and dashes.

.. - / .. ... / ...- . .-. -.-- / .-. . .-.. .- -..- .. -. --. --..-- / .. / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --.- ..- .. - . / . -. .--- --- -.-- / .. - .-.-.-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]