An idea.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Before my thread, I'd like to state that I'm no PvP god, but I don't aspire to do anything other than get better at my class and have fun. I've been playing Ret for about 7 years now. That being said...

My crazy idea is that, instead of endless QQ about how Ret sucks, you simply learn your niche with the tools you're given. Don't reroll to the FOTM. I know it makes little difference now, but I've been playing ret since the good ole days of refreshing dispellable seals and let me tell you, it's come a long way. You WILL get better. You just have to understand your niche and play with your whole toolset. If you do that, I guarantee that you can be more competitive (read: you won't be able to charge into fights headlong like an idiot and come out victorious, but you can put up a fight).

In the end, this will earn you far more respect from the overall community, even those highly ranked pvp gods. They understand that your spec isn't a top-rung pvp spec. So, if you're playing ret to dominate RBG's, give it up - that's not our toolset. Stick to your guns and stop giving up and crying whenever a patch comes out. It's all an arbitrarily retarded rollercoaster anyway - a few patches from now, rets will be strong again and something else will be weak.

I know this is sort of a pointless rant, but I'm tired of it. I never post, but I wanted to throw my two cents in. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I came into Ret knowing it's a support-bruiser spec and I'm enjoying it more to show for it. c:
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You.

You I like.

I don't agree with all the details of your post, but the general idea is good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good stuff Cadet. That's what your supposed to do - enjoy the class and roll with the changes or at least don't bring everyone else down.

You.

You I like.

I don't agree with all the details of your post, but the general idea is good.

And ya know what the cool thing is? You're absolutely entitled to disagree with any part of my post. Freedom. That just happened.

I like you too, by the by.
Reply Quote
I like this idea, adapt and overcome in my opinion. But shut up and work with what you got is ok too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]