Is there any reason to use a pvp weapon

It seems to me in so far as healing in pvp that pvp weapons are suboptimal. In general you can get a higher Ilvl higher int/spell power weapon from pve. That being said it is also worth noting that pvp power does very little for healers. So why would I want a pvp weapon. If anyone could give me a good reason I'd be pleased.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
The resilience is the reason I use one
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The pvp power on the weapon is still a healing percent boost that scales higher than average boost from increased spellpower from the available pve heroic weapons (when in a pvp situation and after accounting for battle fatigue). It gets trickier for healers who dps to heal, but the extra percent to clutch recovery healing is probably better than the miniscule dps gains from additional spellpower that you'd get by using a pve weap. And of course, resilience.

Personally the reason I'd consider the pve weps in a pvp scenario is for the additional spirit but the piece that most of the higher rated players swap for more int/spirit is the trinket slot.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Priest
for the pvp power and resilience factor the pvp power more than makes up for any stat losses
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
What are you playing.

random BGs You would not. dps is a big part of it.

Arenas, we can not get enough resilience.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
High ilevel pve mainhand + pvp offhand is the best setup currently.

After 5.3, pvp weapons will be better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]