Working on single target dps...

90 Undead Warrior
I am starting to wonder if I am just not getting it or something is wrong with my skill choices, but it seems like my single target dps is low.

In lfr last night my dps on jin'rohk was maybe 70k. Is this low for my gear level? I have CS on a timer and use BT as soon as it is available. I use RB when it procs, but i also use Berserkers Rage and RB when ever it is up.

So basically my rotation is CS,BT,BR,RB,RB on proc and wild strike whenever i get blood surge.

I have also tried filling in wild strike without blood surge, but it feels clunky.

My aoe is no issue. Charge in, hit my macro, collect prize. But with my current gear, I feel like my single target is really lacking.

Another example. Sha, I pulled 80k.

On a side note, is it normal for tanks to complain about dragon roar? I dont have it in my spec right now as I was trying out that aoe macro, but when i did at least once in every lfr, someone would yell about dragon roar. Is it really knocking back that far and I am just not noticing it??
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It would take me too much effort to help you, you're awful. Use the internets.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Working on being not awful. This is why I won't jump into a normal raid when invited. I was away from the game for all of cata pretty much so I just feel like I am missing something that is really simple. No need to be rude, I am trying to get better instead of just thinking "oh well, people will just carry me"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
He was joking
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Ahh, intent is hard to tell sometimes via text.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
03/23/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Seróquel
my dps on jin'rohk was maybe 70k. Is this low for my gear level?

That's bad for any gear level. You get a 30% damage boost from standing in the pools. You're way above hit cap and your "rotation" is completely wrong.

Hit BT on CD try to go into a CS with 2 raging blows and proc a third from BR if you can. If not, use that global for BT in an attempt to get another RB. Make sure you also have enough rage to go into a CS and be able to hit HS for the duration of it. Wild Strike should ONLY EVER be used when Bloodsurge procs and you have enough time to hit all three before BT comes off of cooldown, NEVER should it be used when it costs rage.

Bladestorm and Avatar are both trash talents for fury in single target. Grab Dragon Roar and Bloodbath. Try to line both up with a CS and hit them before, BB first so the damage from DR will add to the bleed, then CS and watch the bleed soar.

As for execute phase pool rage for CS and just spam execute.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
It would take me too much effort to help you, you're awful. Use the internets.

You should be banned from the internets, and not because of what you said.
Think hard, warriors of Azeroth.
Edited by Hastera on 3/23/2013 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
03/23/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Aiyanna
my dps on jin'rohk was maybe 70k. Is this low for my gear level?

That's bad for any gear level. You get a 30% damage boost from standing in the pools. You're way above hit cap and your "rotation" is completely wrong.

Hit BT on CD try to go into a CS with 2 raging blows and proc a third from BR if you can. If not, use that global for BT in an attempt to get another RB. Make sure you also have enough rage to go into a CS and be able to hit HS for the duration of it. Wild Strike should ONLY EVER be used when Bloodsurge procs and you have enough time to hit all three before BT comes off of cooldown, NEVER should it be used when it costs rage.

Bladestorm and Avatar are both trash talents for fury in single target. Grab Dragon Roar and Bloodbath. Try to line both up with a CS and hit them before, BB first so the damage from DR will add to the bleed, then CS and watch the bleed soar.

As for execute phase pool rage for CS and just spam execute.

Ahhh ok I am gonna have to disable my GTFO addon for this fight. I am assuming that it picks up the fact that I am in a pool and I end up running out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Two things:

Read this http://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrior-wow-pve-dps-guide
And watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALwCS6iK78

These should give you the knowledge to see the things you're doing wrong.

Tanks complaining about dragon roar are wrong, it is a mild annoyance at worst.

I disagree with Aiyanna that you should use Dragon Roar lined up with CS. Dragon Roar already ignores the targets armor so using it during CS is a waste. Always line up Bloodbath with Dragon Roar, so if you hit CS and Bloodbath at the same time, you will still have time after CS falls off to use Dragon Roar with Bloodbath.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
something doesn't look right with your reforging and GLYPHS are ?????? UP.. glyph bull rush on fights u use charge more.. glyph Raging blow when your using whirlwind more for aoe adds. and personally I still love heroic leap glyph to shave off 15 seconds of the cd albeit we no longer have the 100% damage buff.
Id say grab ReforgeLite addon to get reforges right. change glyphs up and like others said pool rage more for Csmash windows and execute phase csmash windows.
best of luck to ya.
check noxxicc out too for some basics
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Other than rotation basics, the biggest factor between a good fury warrior and an average one is CS usage. A non-CS Wild Strike has less DPR than a CS Heroic Strike, so you want to go into a CS with as much rage as possible without capping, and burn it all inside the CS.

To save rage going into CS, you will just have to have dead GCDs in your rotation, get used to it. Heroic throw and Battle Shout are your friends here.

Also on the note about Dragon's Roar knockback, it really depends on the situation. Just be a bit considerate about using it. Knock an add out of Tsulong's breath, mobs onto the tank's back, yeah, he's going to yell at you. Knock them one step back? No one should care.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'd switch to using the heroic leap glyph as well OP, it can only help as it's one of the best glyphs we have (aside from the +20 rage one)

To be frank, your professions also aren't very good for dps. I'd drop both of them and grab Blacksmithing/Engineerning or Blacksmithing/JC, both of which are substantially better than herb/mining for dps.

Drop Bladestorm for Dragon Roar
Drop Avatar for Bloodbath
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Ahhh ok I am gonna have to disable my GTFO addon for this fight. I am assuming that it picks up the fact that I am in a pool and I end up running out.

GTFO doesn't alert when you're simply standing in the pool. It does buzz if the pool is electrified. If that's the case, you do NOT want to be standing in it, even for the DPS buff, because it will kill you.
Reply Quote
Ok man, a few things. Number one, and the biggest problem you have going here, is that at your gear level you have absolutely no business being fury. Here are some dps sims that show at about 496 what dps you can put out as arms, smf, and tg. Basically, until you can go smf at 502, you really should be in arms, massive dps increase. To the trolls, yah, noxxic sux, just using the sims as an illustration, move on.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic

This is also assuming bis at 496, which you are not. You are going to suffer as fury until you have 4 piece bonus from tier 14, and you don't even have 2 piece bonus.

I'm not going to touch on your reforging / enchanting / professions / rotation issues as those are all covered quite thoroughly in the fury sticky at the top of this forum.

In short, I have a similar ILvl to you, and put out 120k on Jin in 10 man normal the other night. I routinely run 95 - 115k (fight dependant) single target.

My recommendation is that you spend 15 or so mins smacking a raid dummy, save your dps log, then switch to arms and spend 15 mins smacking that dummy again. I would guess you will see a 20k dps increase on the dummy alone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Ok guys, all good points. My reforge is done by reforgelite. Which was recommended last time I came here for advice.

My professions are staying for now as this is my all around WoW toon at the moment. I am farming herbs and ore for dancing steel for my weapons. Professions will be switched when I can afford to lose them or when I max out my paladin and get him farming.

I was wondering what makes the heroic leap glyph so good? I am not doubting, I just like to understand things before I do them. For example. One of the stickies, I think in this forum actually says the best choice for the level 75 skill for fury is vigilance. Now from what I can tell this could be used as a rage generator, but could also kill me if i used it.

I am trying to get the 2/4 piece, luck of the rng. I lucked out on weapons though, got both in one shot.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I am gonna try reforging my gear again, maybe without reforgelite this time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
03/24/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Seróquel
I was wondering what makes the heroic leap glyph so good? I am not doubting, I just like to understand things before I do them. For example. One of the stickies, I think in this forum actually says the best choice for the level 75 skill for fury is vigilance. Now from what I can tell this could be used as a rage generator, but could also kill me if i used it.

The added mobility of heroic leap on a shorter cooldown is really nice. As well as since its off the global cooldown you can use it as a small dps increase. The thing about vigilance is wrong or very very situational. Safeguard is what I use in that tier as the extra mobility from that is nice as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
With this fight, just start out the fight normally holding back and not using any CD's / gloves, etc. If you have 2 "use" trinkets, you can use one of them before jumping in the pool. Shortly after the start of the fight a pool forms as part of the fight mechanics. This pool if stood in gives you a huge dps boost. You want to be standing in this pool the instant it forms. Not a second later. What a lot of warriors fail to understand is "time on boss" or "uptime" is key to great dps. Every second you waste not taking advantage of combat or a fight mechanic buff or a CD, you're failing. Once in this pool your raid leader should call out bloodlust, in fact he should call it out a few seconds prior to the pool forming. When this happens pop your springs, trinkets, reckless, EVERYTHING and go to town. On the 2nd pool you should have your 2nd potion available to you. On the 3rd pool you will again have reckless. On a side note, to maximize your damage you should be an Orc with BS and engineering.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Oh and I would absolutely listen to Xonkjr. He/She is with Midwinter one of the best guilds in the US / World. So the advice given doesn't get much better.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I am gonna try reforging my gear again, maybe without reforgelite this time.

You are using reforgelite wrong. Maybe a site a little easier to use would help you.. I would recommend using askmrrobot.com . It is amazing for even above average raiders. Some people do not like how it may, under some circumstances, put you .1 under a cap, but this is a theoretical increase in dps. For your sake, just upload your character, make sure it's set to fury pve settings, and hit optimize. You'll then know every gem, enchant, and reforge you need to fix.

A lot of the tips here are quite useful. The only time you should be using bladestorm is if there is a heavy AoE fight which you can use bladestorm on cooldown, such as tortos. Other than that, use dragon roar, and please please please take bloodbath. Other than things that people have said, it's just practice and gear, you need gear to make fury really shine, although its never terrible. So play whichever spec you wish, but you would probably see better results with arms until 500 ilvl or so.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ill give you another pro tip. Break every single socket bonus you have even if its crit. You want straight crit gems in all of your gear. Do not worry about the str bonus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]